WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

One Punch Man was glorious. I enjoyed it immensely.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Cap_H
What the Crag The Hack?

Hrm? What? Is there skulls that need to be crushed?
Zakariya
Every misdeed has its own punishment, and every good deed has its reward.
author=Marrend
Hrm? What? Is there skulls that need to be crushed?

Well, there would be this guy...

...if he wasn't already dead.

whooooooooooooooooops
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
He looks digital. You can make him alive again by restarting the game.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Senpai noticed him.

History via animu:

The master race had no spine. That's why they lost the war.

InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
piano, you're a piano. just embrace it, bro. you're a finely tuned instrument that has many keys and sounds. you're the undying. the embodiment of sound and romance.

you're pianotm.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Corfaisus, someone who (rightly) expects as much tolerance of other people's sexual preferences as you should not be so quick to stigmatise somone as a "pervert."

And either way, your irrational dislike of anime causes you to employ dismissive hyperbolic falsehoods and selective ignorance. Just because the most popular examples of a particular medium or art style feel awkward or infantile to you, that doesn't mean the medium as such cannot have merit. That's like arguing "western" cinema is 100% rubbish because of the large amount of terrible movies that have been and are being produced. Or dismissing games as an art form because of the bad and embarassing content that exists. If you were to follow your own logic, by being interested in games, you have chosen to associate with a huge amount of terrible people.
I'm sure you see why being a bit less generalising would make sense here. It's okay to have no interest in certain art forms. But it's not fair to look down upon and insult the people who enjoy said art form just because you don't like it.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=NeverSilent
Corfaisus, someone who (rightly) expects as much tolerance of other people's sexual preferences as you should not be so quick to stigmatise somone as a "pervert."

There's acceptable and then there's unacceptable. Filling your room with depictions of soulless half-dressed women is unacceptable.

Everything else has been covered before.
It IS infantile though. It's aimed at high-school boys for the most part so it's not surprising. It's fine to watch infantile stuff, just don't go pretending it's not forgettable garbage. I don't blame people for calling it what most of it actually is, boob grabbing and braindead action. For some reason the Japanese loves watching the same thing over and over with new girls. I guess it's cheap to make it too. Just change some parts of the story around, set it in highschool, spend half the budget on boob-physics and voila, anime done.
I don't mind generalising in this case, because it's so rare that anime goes against the norm.

Speaking of western cinema, I agree that most of it is shit too. They follow their own formulas, which just so happens to be comparably less "perverted" than anime, at least right now, but equally mind numbing.

Anime also make fun of homosexuals and other minorities all the time and treat women like objects to win so I'm not sure why you're defending anime fans with that kind of argument. For every anime that treat women like equals there's ten where they are throwing themselves against the MC for no reason.
That said, I did enjoy Mushishi and a couple of other anime that goes against the norm. It's hard to find those gems though.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I think the worst part about SnowOwls and Corfaisus ' arguments is that they have the entire internet at their disposal, and yet they're still so incredibly wrong about anime it's embarrassing.

It actually, like, boggles the mind how people can just ignore the facts. Conformation bias? Is that what it is?
Yeah, snowowl is right, even if he's generalizing too much. Anime has a bad habit of objectifying and crappy treatment of homosexuals. >.<

I generally avoid the terrible ones though, and it's not that difficult. The generalizing, stigmatizing and hyperbole is the only real problem I see with what they're saying.

Edit: Also they seem to be ignoring that there are different genres of anime which are better about things like that?

Neversilent was saying that insulting and stigmatizing people for liking it is a crappy thing to do though, which I think is the most important point here.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Corfaisus
Filling your room with depictions of soulless half-dressed women is unacceptable.
I don't want to live in a world where that's unacceptable!
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Gourd_Clae
Yeah, snowowl is right, even if he's generalizing too much. Anime has a bad habit of objectifying and crappy treatment of homosexuals. >.<

One example? I've seen 50+ anime series and I don't remember anything like that happening before. In fact, the homosexuals are either the most liked(or second most liked) or most cheerful loveable characters from what I've seen.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
So, a room full of naked women is acceptable?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Naked hot people are ALWAYS acceptable.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=Corfaisus
There's acceptable and then there's unacceptable. Filling your room with depictions of soulless half-dressed women is unacceptable.
Why? This person seems to like it. Nobody gets hurt by it. The women in question don't even actually exist, so nobody was brought into a potentially uncomfortable situation in the process of creating these images. Granted, you may find it weird or even disconcerting - so do I, as a matter of fact. But why are you so quick to sympathise with people who enjoy surrounding themselves with depictions of video game characters they find attractive, but are so dismissive of people who like to surround themselves with depictions of large-eyed humans with colourful hair? Who are you to decide what way of decorating one's own personal space is acceptable and what isn't?

author=Corfaisus
Sure.

author=SnowOwl
I'm not sure why you're defending anime fans with that kind of argument.
As I said before, I have zero interest in anime myself. Based on the little I have seen of it, I don't even have much reason to disagree with you when saying that a lot of it is of doubtful quality. In fact, I like making fun of the stupid tropes and cliches that are typical for the medium from time to time myself. But I also think it's ridiculous to judge a medium based on the worst examples it has to offer.

And, even more importantly, I have a problem with people attacking others because of their tastes. It's okay to dislike something, it's okay to criticise that something, and it's especially okay to oppose people who try to defend the terrible images of certain groups conveyed through certain media. But I refuse to hate someone because they like watching, for example, How I Met Your Mother or The Big Bang Theory, even though these series are full of stereotypes and terrible sexuality-related jokes. It's the same with anime. And especially considering that so-called "nerds" or "geeks" have been suffering from these kinds of generalisations and stereotypes a lot, I really expected people here to be a little less eager to portray entire groups of people who enjoy a certain medium as somehow bad.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
author=Corfaisus
author=NeverSilent

Gotta love those double standards!

Corfaisus
author=iddalai
author=Corfaisus
author=NeverSilent

Gotta love those double standards!

No double standards here.

My favorite thing about anime is when people draw the characters like blimps for the sake of fapping.