WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
author=Yuno
We want a perfect world and infinite amount of sex
It is a noble goal indeed.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=LockeZ
Oh man I forgot about Yuno's topics that weren't about PerfectMMORPG. That shit is gold.

PerfectMMORPG is also pure gold. We have three taglines from that thread alone.
Mirak
lol anyone has a link to that thread?
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
It does show up if you just look it up in the search. But here ya go!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
"I hate rich people,"
is my personal fav. I want my copy of the thread signed.

author=Yuno
WARNING: Any answer will start endless question loop
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It's split up across three topics because his topics kept getting locked for being too stupid. But the third one was so stupid that it was left open for comedic purposes.

Topic 1: i need TBS coder (no responses)
Topic 2: PerfectMMORPG (one page of responses)
Topic 3: PerfectMMORPG0 (five pages of responses)

The last one is the comedy gold because of all the responses and because he kept interacting with people.

He also posted the same topic around the same time on the forums of several other game design websites, where the mods took him more seriously because I guess they weren't as used to crazy idiots as we're forced to be on this site.

Scirra Forums
Unity Forums

He ended his short stint on the Unity forums and returned to his home planet with this post:

author=yuno44907
OK game is complete, now one of you have to code it. Do you have any question?

Guys all games are stupid. Money is fake and losing its value. Aliens made computers and money and governaments. Some infinitely rich people ruling the earth and they are too lazy and too prideful. I dont want to live anymore, code this game. Good luck.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Oh,
these gonna bring me moar beautiful moments.

author=Scirra forums
@yuno44907 your actions are hostile, as I see in your reply to Excal and the end of your post, "For some retarded people". That is not professional and encourages users to ignore your posts completely.

Maybe it's cuz we're mostly hobbyists.
I just spent almost an hour reading yuno's ramblings.

Not sure how I feel about this.
So I was watching some questionable sexually-based videos and it dawned on me (I mean, it's dawned on me before) that for the most part if there's sex or hell, even romance, in a show either the guy is less sexy than the girl OR they're equally sexy.

Where's the less-pretty-than-the-guy girls at? Like, I'm not talking hideously ugly, but I don't think I've seen any romances even without sex (bar a very, very few) where the guy is handsome and the girl is legitimately (NOT "Oh, I look so boring and plain and oops I just Cinderella'd with a little make-over") not-as-good looking.

It's baffling. And now I want to see some. :/

The only thing I can think of is Ugly Betty? And she's not even ugly or anything - she's quite pretty, just a bit heavy. They do the make-over thing in that show.

Oh, and Princess Jellyfish - again, though, make-overs (though to a lesser extent since the girls revert straight back to their usual selves after the fact and give literally no fucks about their looks and didn't change for a guy, but to save their home).

I wanna see some plain girls get the good-looking guys and not have to change who they are just to do so. None of this "I'm suddenly wearing a dress and make-up and did my hair up a bit and now he's noticing me!!! I should change what I look like all the time from now on!! OMG~!!"

Sorry, it's just something that really hit me when the last five videos I watched all had plain guys hooking up with super hot womenz (and three of those ain't even pervy ones). :/
Mirak
Well the acting industry still has predefined ideals of beauty firmly grounded in television and cinema. Actresses in chick flicks, dramas and series tailored to women must be good looking, else the product won't sell because the general public likes pretty things.

Shows that follow the "ugly duckling, beautiful swan" formula mostly use attractive people made less attractive with foam bodies or similar methods, rarely do they ever use a plain looking actress because it's easier to turn an already beautiful person a bit unnatractive than it is to turn a plain looking person into a looker. Simply put pretty people = higher ratings. It's a sucky aspect of reality.

Television has always appealed to the lowest common denominator since that's what composes the majority of the audience. Not to mention the misogynistic bullshit that plagues the industry. In their perspective, it's perfectly ok for average looking men to strive for the trophy woman, but a parallel situation almost never happens. Bella in twilight was supposed to be average looking, but they got Kristen to play her. While she did a good job being a cardboard cutout the audience could project onto, in my humble opinion she's not average looking, specially when she is turned into a vampire and suddenly she got the emma watson maneuver and she's TEH HOTZ.

Personally i'd like to see a bit more realism in situations similar to those you speak of. I'd like, for once, for the man in the chick flick to not be obligated to "go get the girl" at the climax in the end, where the guy always has to run against time in order to reach the girl before her bus/plane/truck leaves in order to make an anguished declaration of love so that the setup is complete for the ending where everyone dances because love trumps all because they guy just can't go on living without the girl. I'd like for once for the men in some of these movies to realize they can turn around and spend the rest of their afternoon eating a sandwich instead and not following the "HURK MEN R EMOTIONALLY STUNTED MANCHILDREN WHO NEED MANIC PIXIE WOMAN IN ORDER TO GET THEIR SHIT TOGETHER" formula.

I'd also like the "bumbling, endearing, unnatractive, unintelligent manchild whose heart of gold wins the girl" trope to kindly fuck off. You know, almost every role played by either this guy or this guy. But then again i *think* part of your complaint is that that very same trope doesn't have a prominent female version.
Yeah, I hear you both. As much as I like all of those tropes, it's nice to see some variation. It comes to the point where I'm telling the characters on my tv screen to take really strange actions just to mix it up. Amazingly, it can help a lot with writing? Like, you can take a situation in a story where you wanted one outcome and make it a reality in your own writing! (That's what I like to do at least~<3)
Mirak
In fact you know what?

I'd very much enjoy a piece of media where attention is given equally to a female lead in a couple, and a male lead in a different couple, and then they both ditch their partners and go spend some time on things they like doing because heterosexual relationships are toxic and fucking suck.

Wait no.

I'd like the message in that media to be "while being in a relationship with a person can be beautiful it should never come with the "NEED" qualifier", because as soon as "i NEED you in my life" comes into place the whole thing becomes a quagmire of unrealistic societal expectations mixed in with the worst the female and male genders have to offer.

I'd like a movie where the protagonists realize how fucking inane giving your all for another being while forfeiting yourself is, ideally with a final scene where after a dumb chick-flick fight the lead says "you know what i don't need this shit", unceremoniously tells the annoying love interest to fack off, and then the protagonist wears some shades, sips a capri sun and rollerskates into the horizon.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Apparently, Ratty has not seen Princess Bride.
Mirak
I haven't seen it either and neither have my friends.

While i'm fantasizing about my ideal portrayal of hetero relationships i'd also like an otter-shaped vending machine that dispenses clams.
Hm, the only offbeat romances I can think of off the top of my head are Juno which I think most people have watched. There's also Little Children which is pretty strange in that there's both a story about an affair between two parents with an underlying plot line of a pedophile (who is actually not a character I hated by the end). Uh, if that one sounds weird - it is, but it never goes too far. I think it's based on a book. The relationship in that doesn't work out, and there's not a reveal to the spouses. It's sort of like a fleeting dream thing? It reminds me of Into the Woods where the Baker's wife goes into the forest and just cheats for literally no reason except that she is in the woods. (which I liked for some reason don't judge me)

I could've sworn I'd watched more, but maybe I haven't? Can't think of any that end with the protag wearing shades, sipping a capri sun and rollerskating into the sunset though.
Well, I mean, I was talking more animated shorts, but hey I'd love to see a LOT more variation in mainstream.

And yeah, the whole 'oh I broke up with my boy/girlfriend and am sad... TIME TO FIND A NEW LOVER TO BE HAPPY AGAIN' bullshit is horrible. I mean, I get it. Some people like that kind of thing and joy to 'em. Hell, I've enjoyed movies/shows with that formula too, but sometimes it's more than a little tired and yawn-worthy.

Wanna know something funny? I -like- harem anime and stories... when it's not apparent 5 seconds in who the main is going to end up with. Hell, double points if a dark horse steals the show or there's a shock twist. Triple points if the main character decides "Fuck it, why mess with a good thing? Love for everyone! :DDD" or "Eh, you know what? Not feeling these peeps. Movin' on and away. Ciao~"

I actually really like when there's a love triangle and then all three of them figure "Eh, threesome is go!" uh, only if they actually write the characters well of course. It sucks when it's just sex for the sake of it (imo, though I'm sure others would disagree). I think that might be one of the reasons I like a bit of fanfiction in my life. Whilst the authors I like are writing hetero-fantasy bullshit all the goddamn time, some tiny fanfic author out there is losing themselves in the plot of what-ifs and who-withs and sharing that with the world. I like the idea of 'no, you two weren't destined to be together from day 1'.

What honestly gets my goat is when there is a good story presented as there being more than one possible love interest who is equal to the one you think they'll end up with, and the author starts to point the dark horse as 'hey, this guy/girl is actually a much more suitable match and really loves the main character and they fit together so well' and then pull a 'BUT NOW THE OTHER GUY LOVES HER JUST AS MUCH BECAUSE JEALOUSY OPENED HIS EYES AND EVEN THOUGH HE DID HIT HER THAT ONE TIME AND TIE HER TO HIS MOTORBIKE AND TRY TO KILL HER A FEW TIMES IT'S OBVIOUSLY LOVE AND THEY WILL LIVE HAPPILY EVERY AFTER!!!' (fuck you hana yori dango you fucking terrible piece of shit)
Mirak
@gourd: Do they handle the pedophile character realistically/well? As in, do they portray him as a troubled human being or as the cliche'd monster in human skin?

@Liberty: I haven't seen a harem manga that isn't obvious who the mains are. Negi and Asuna in mahou sensei negima, The prota and first girl from Ai Kora, The prota and the lamia girl from monster musume, Haruhi and Tamaki in ouran host club, Shouta and Konomi in mujaki no rakuen and so on and on. I'd love to read one where one of the secondary charas ends up with the prota!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats

Facebook, we need to talk.

author=Mirak
@gourd: Do they handle the pedophile character realistically/well? As in, do they portray him as a troubled human being or as the cliche'd monster in human skin?

Reminds me of American Beauty.
A few manhwa go that way, where you're not sure who the main will end up with, but I'd be hard pressed to name names. It's just not that common a premise. :/