WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I don't really know what percentage of my driving it counted. More than zero though. Lots of stop lights and stop signs near me. Plus I slowed down a few times to click on pidgeys.

After doing this for a few days, I decided it wasn't worth the effort and I was probably going to get in an accident. Plus, yeah, the game is tap-to-win. It's like playing Final Fantasy All The Bravest except it uses up gasoline.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
What would you people recommend to do to come up with a name for a game? My naming skills are below mediocre. What should I be looking out for when namimg a game?
I usually start by naming the game something really boring (like calling a puzzle game 'puzzle', an adventure game 'adventure', etc), and then after a bit of time a better name will come to me once I've fleshed things out more.
I did that for Dungeon Crawl and I regret. Just name it something silly and distinct. Or think of the main theme of the game and name it after that. So say your game is about saving a princess from an evil dragon, perhaps Save the Princess or To the Dragon's Tower or HELP ME, HERO! or the like would work.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=FlyingJester
I usually start by naming the game something really boring (like calling a puzzle game 'puzzle', an adventure game 'adventure', etc), and then after a bit of time a better name will come to me once I've fleshed things out more.

Good advice, I'm going to flesh out my game more before giving it a title.

author=Liberty
I did that for Dungeon Crawl and I regret. Just name it something silly and distinct. Or think of the main theme of the game and name it after that. So say your game is about saving a princess from an evil dragon, perhaps Save the Princess or To the Dragon's Tower or HELP ME, HERO! or the like would work.

Also good advice, silly and distinct also helps people get interested with your game. After reading these suggestions, I'll flesh out my game more and then try to come up with a semi silly name that fits my game. I'm just insecure when it comes to naming games or anything in general. I'm very bad with names T.T
I usually just call unnamed things "Project _________" and fill in a descriptive-ish word about what the game is. Got it from "Project Dream", the development name for what became Banjo-Kazooie.

So, for example, Songs from Aelsea was just "Project Whalesong" before I figured out the title.
ESBY
extreme disappointment
call it geoff
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Name it after you grandma, pet, breakfast (Oats would be a great name for a game) or favorite song. It doesn't matter if it relates to game.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Corfaisus
http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/police-woman-killed-in-london-knife-attack-was-american/287510715Should've been carrying a gun.

A friend from school who lives in Manchester was planning to come to London last night. We were gonna have dinner and then he'd head to where he was staying - in Russell Square, which is where this knife incident happened.

In the end he couldn't make it to London. Probably for the best....
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Yellow Magic
author=Corfaisus
http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/police-woman-killed-in-london-knife-attack-was-american/287510715Should've been carrying a gun.

A friend from school who lives in Manchester was planning to come to London last night. We were gonna have dinner and then he'd head to where he was staying - in Russell Square, which is where this knife incident happened.

In the end he couldn't make it to London. Probably for the best....

God works in mysterious ways.
Here's a fun update on the mandatory arbitration cause in app's terms of service: a US District Court for the Southern District of New York, Judge Rakoff, ruled that the mandatory arbitration clause in Uber's ToS is invalid due to being too concealed for the users.

At bottom, what is at stake is the “integrity and credibility” of “electronic bargaining.” When contractual terms as significant as the relinquishment of one’s right to a jury trial or even of the right to sue in court are accessible only via a small and distant hyperlink titled “Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,” with text about agreement thereto presented even more obscurely, there is a genuine risk that a fundamental principle of contract formation will be left in the dust: the requirement for “a manifestation of mutual assent.” One might be tempted to argue that the nature of electronic contracts is such that consumers do not read them, however conspicuous these contracts are, and that consumers have resigned themselves simply to clicking away their rights. But that would be too cynical and hasty a view, and certainly not the law.

I'm not going to armchair lawyer this except say I hope this catches on!
e: And I don't mean "well the app will just give a 20 page ToS agreement users have to agree to in order to start using said app when they open it" way
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Oh yeah, let's ban knives now.

cut your steak with a fork
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
A nice start for the 2016 Apocalympics:
Rio officials lose keys to Olympic stadium, need bolt cutters to get in

Maybe they should update their logo to the Riohazard symbol:

Betting the keys were buried with the mascot they shot a few weeks back or it was a desperate last ditch attempt of a rogue employee to save everybody from the farce of the Rio Olympics.

I wonder what the trading minigame will be this time?
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I'm surprised they can pull off the Olympics, seeing as their current president is in an impeachement process. Then again, I'm surprised how my own country doesn't collapse because of goverment corruption. Brazil not wanting to pay it's electrical bill with us is also anoying.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I'm a little surprised Brazi agreed to this. No one wants to go to brazil.