WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
It was a half-joke. Yeah, it would indeed block out too many people. But I wouldn't be against some sort of account verification system or something.
author=Kloe
author=kentona
== Kentona's video ==
Is it wrong to laugh at that?

I hope not. x3
Felt bad for the Dodge Charger though.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=kentona
"To commemorate Zelda's 30th anniversary, Nintendo released Legend of Zelda Amiibo today, including figures for 8-bit Link, Ocarina of Time Link, a Toon Link and Zedla herself from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker."

My gf has them all set aside at work to buy in the future. I really only want the 8-Bit one.
Hopefully they'll connect to Breath of the Wild on Switch. Finger's crossed.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I currently have three laptops in the room with me.

There's a 2010-vintage Dell that has a decent enough touchpad, gets the job done. It has two physical buttons, which generally work.

I also have a 2013-era HP. It has a touchpad that, while the touch part works, the buttons are built into the touchpad, the right-click is almost impossible to find (a tiny quarter-inch segment, which is not labelled), and if you click too high you hit the touch part (which is not marked). So that's kind of annoying, but if you're careful it works.

Finally, there's a late 2015 Asus I just got. It's touchpad is totally unusable. It's twitchy, you literally cannot click the buttons (which are again unmarked) without moving the cursor, any time you touch the touchpad (such as initially putting your finger on it, or removing your finger) the cursor jumps half way across the screen.

So is this how it is? Between 2010 and 2015 the human race just forgot how to make touchpads, but still kept building them anyway? Ritualistically assembling these devices as some kind of cargo cult, even as the reason and understanding of how touchpads are actually assembled was simply lost to the mists of time?
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I always use an usb mouse. .-.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
People wanted sleeker, thinner laptops. That extra half-millimeter of thickness required to give your touchpad a pair of actual buttons is simply unacceptable in 2016. And the idea of having visible or tactile indicators of the buttons such as changes in height, bumps, textures, depressable sections, or even drawn lines is absolutely disgusting to the modern designer, as it ruins the laptop's sleek seamless form.

I wish this were a joke but it's the actual reason.

User interfaces have gone through the same trend. Compare Windows 7 to Windows 10. All the separators and borders are gone, and instead of having buttons to open things, they appear when your mouse slides past certain invisible edges in a specific way, because it looks more "sleek" and "seamless." Never mind that you can't tell how to do anything without looking up the right combination of gestures on google, or that extra windows just pop up out of nowhere when you're trying to click on something and get in your way.
hunt-and-peck is back en vogue and the style and designs have adapted to it.
The thing is that I've used a MacBook Pro, and while it is even thinner than my Asus its touchpad is rather good.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Jesus christ. They busted a chinese restaurant from the same company that i went to often downtown and found corpses from people who had been disappeared by organized crime being turned into meat dishes in order to get rid of the bodies.

Isn't it funny how we were talking about cannibalism before? Turns out i might've had human flesh already, unknowingly.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
...Wow. That's severely messed up.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Look of genuine horror
i think I threw up a little in my mouth
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Jeroen_Sol
...Wow. That's severely messed up.

Hexatona
Look of genuine horror

Same.

The worst part is, this actually happens more often than you might think. I remember a doctor here in St. Louis once going into a restaurant, ordering soup, biting into something, taking it out of his mouth and saying, "This is a human finger bone." Turns out the owner had murdered his wife, and I think you can figure out the rest.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
>this actually happens more often than you might think

I don't think most people have an internal metric for how often they think this happens. I'm going to guess, in western country, probably like maybe 1 every 5 years maybe? Maybe one crime in every 10 years?
Jeroen_Sol
At least there was a doctor with alarmingly accurate knowledge of the human anatomy to save the day!

I mean, I guess he's seen and felt human finger bones before, but it's a bit disconcerting he was able to tell with his mouth???
'This is not what I meant when I said I wanted hand-made soup!'

yes. I am a terrible person.
Somebody should've listened to Brick Top:
Insert references to Soylent Green here.

Or Daikatana, if you hate yourself enough to have played through to know why that's relevant.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
FlyingJester
Insert references to Soylent Green here.

Or Daikatana, if you hate yourself enough to have played through to know why that's relevant.

Or all of the Soylent Green references in Xenogears.

Jeroen_Sol
At least there was a doctor with alarmingly accurate knowledge of the human anatomy to save the day!

I mean, I guess he's seen and felt human finger bones before, but it's a bit disconcerting he was able to tell with his mouth???

Well I doubt that's how he did it. I mean, if you bite into something hard, your first instinct is going to be to take it out of your mouth and look at what you bit into.