WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i was gonna make a new topic but then i got scared so

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/09/final-fantasy-xivs-yoshi-p-decline-mmorpgs-female-players-future-plans/

interesting interview i thought, involves women and skin

edit:

Liberty

i'm mostly impressed by how well they handled the lightning and makeup
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
His favorite character from the Final Fantasy series is Sephiroth.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Inevitably, this time of year, my mind goes to this track:
Valkyria II :D
One of the top3 games I've played on PSP. (the music remembers me of browsing Aliasse intel files more than winter though x3)

author=Interview
He feels that this is something that the makers just assume on their own, and believes that if female gamers see some of these equipment, some of them might think “what the heck is this?”

The very definition of Tera's Castanic females, giggle physics still apply on solid plate armor btw. Elin masterrace.

----

Also question, is it weird to a cat-girl (in a dimension where that's the standard) to also have regular human ears? I tried to get rid of it but it simply looks weird overall.
You could do a Katt thing with ears.

Strangely enough, it never bothered me that Katt had no pants, or that her second form wore body paint for clothes, but I totally get what he meant RE: armour designs. Sometimes you're just left baffled as to what, exactly, your character is wearing and usually it's the women that are the ones wearing the clothes that aren't, well, normal.

For example, I love Oulan to bits because buff, sexy bodyguard who punches the shit out of things, but what the hell is the deal with her clothes? (Thankfully, Suikoden tends to treat the ladies well, but there are a few of them who make you go a bit o.O; Not that that's a bad thing - I like me some skimpy clothes on a woman too, but only as long as it's not the only thing all the women in the game are wearing and it makes sense (fucking bright pink miniskirt on Ashe trying to hide in a town of long pant/skirt fashion???)

Uh, Oulan's rediculous outfit, btw:

I don't know, some part of me loves it, but when I first saw it I wondered what the fuck was wrong with her. XD
author=Liberty
You could do a Katt thing with ears.
==Images==
It works! I finally can add males to cast. (Whose really suffered with the issue)
The char turn into a Santa's elf if I miss a line though. xD

author=Liberty
Sometimes you're just left baffled as to what, exactly, your character is wearing and usually it's the women that are the ones wearing the clothes that aren't, well, normal.

For example, I love Oulan to bits because buff, sexy bodyguard who punches the shit out of things, but what the hell is the deal with her clothes? (Thankfully, Suikoden tends to treat the ladies well, but there are a few of them who make you go a bit o.O; Not that that's a bad thing - I like me some skimpy clothes on a woman too, but only as long as it's not the only thing all the women in the game are wearing and it makes sense

I find it weird when devs go out of their way just to make the outfit more revealing for no apparent reason. I mean, it doesn't make sense, are harder to draw/animate, and doubt it has a meaning char or story-wise. (And as a guy, I don't find it more appealing at all.)
The Anti-logic 1st place Trophy will always be for MMO heavy armours who use all their iron quota on boots+bracers though, no way to beat that. Please don't try to. x.x

For good Armours example, most Skyrim comes to mind.
Well, sometimes women do like to show off their bodies or wear revealing clothes - not for the male gaze, but because it makes us feel good or they're more comfortable. I have absolutely no issue with that, being as I've worn my fair share of tops that show cleavage, short skirts and the like. They can be fun to wear around the house (especially if the skirt in question does the flarey thing when you spin! X3 ) They can just feel good to wear.

If you're going in to battle though, yeah, fucking put some armour on those breasts girl. They're the only thing blocking the way to your heart and lungs, squishy parts that were never meant to be exposed to light.

Oulan's works okay for me because she has got a body-fitting leotard underneath her clothes that provides support (the belts help with that, I'm sure). That said, with how much her breasts bounce in battle, she's gotta be feeling the hurt after a while. Needs even more support. Also skirts? Not very good for moving in (though hers does seem the type that can be ripped off as needed I guess?)
Zakariya
Every misdeed has its own punishment, and every good deed has its reward.
author=Marrend
Inevitably, this time of year, my mind goes to this track:

Interesting.

It's different for me per year, but this time...

Strangely enough, it makes me sad and happy at the exact same time....
XD
author=Liberty
Well, sometimes women do like to show off their bodies or wear revealing clothes - not for the male gaze, but because it makes us feel good or they're more comfortable. I have absolutely no issue with that, being as I've worn my fair share of tops that show cleavage, short skirts and the like. They can be fun to wear around the house (especially if the skirt in question does the flarey thing when you spin! X3 ) They can just feel good to wear.

If you're going in to battle though, yeah, fucking put some armour on those breasts girl. They're the only thing blocking the way to your heart and lungs, squishy parts that were never meant to be exposed to light.

Indeed ^^
(Btw, sorry if I somehow sounded out like a lame purist(is that the correct term?) with label-on-sight behavior, design x fan-service is a complicated subject and I come up with badly explained phrases every now and then.)

author=Liberty
though hers does seem the type that can be ripped off as needed I guess?)

That would shed some new light on the design, as it would be way easier to fight without the risk of it getting stuck in whatever pointy bits your foe may have.
Nah, I was just clarifying. ^.^
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Well! There's a new fighting concept! Armor for strippers.

Anyhoo...

@Libby I like Oulan's outfit too, although she's got high heels on...? Props to her for being able to fight with them on I guess. XD Aesthetically the skirt is cool though, and I can definitely see it being pulled off if need be.
OUlan is the type of woman who says "Yeah, I'm gonna beat people up today, but I'm gonna look fab doing it and I don't care if I break an ankle!" Then goes and does it because she's Oulan. XD

I love the costume design in the Suikoden games. Everyone looks so different to each other and yet there's certain cohesive threads through the clothing of the people who come from the same area. Like the Karayan peeps have these intricate striped designs on their clothes, or the people from Radat town are a mix of Japanese fishing town/Western clothing. It's really interesting to look at the different characters and just be able to tell where in the world they came from from their clothes.

And the clothes themselves are so pretty sometimes. I'm not a big fan of Millie, but I really like her blue dress (the baret is a bit much), and Jeane's fashion is so classy most of the time (we don't talk about Suikoden V's dress. Jeane does Jeane and Jeane does skimpy). I just really like everyone's clothes. X3
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
So, I should get back to my Suikoden 3 thread, is what I'm hearing. :P
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
My cellphone chose the worst possible time to break. It was indispensable to keep communications in my job and family matters, but i guess it was a matter of time (samsung galaxy Young, android 2.3, 7 years old). Since i have no money for another phone i'll have to be incommunicated with everyone until february when it's my birthday and i can hope for any family member to take pity on me.

Sigh i feel a knot in the base of my stomach due to how much stress this is causing me.
I've had a cell phone break on me before. Now if it broke, I don't know how I'd feel. Conflicted, to say the least. Upset on the one hand, since I'd have to buy a new phone, but simultaneously relieved that I can't be bothered for work every second of the day.