WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Let's return to slack.
Activity.

How've you been doing you all? : )
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I've been doing fine. I finished my last exam yesterday so that's neat. I am a little bummed out right now because the deal of a lifetime on a dream car of mine has slipped in between my fingers.
Oh no! Sorry to hear.. tho yeah, finishing exams is one big thing off your shoulders too. (meanwhile here, semester is starting next week and break ending)
AtiyaTheSeeker
In all fairness, bird shrapnel isn't as deadly as wood shrapnel
So I know I get wishy-washy about this sort of thing that I'm going to mention, but considering I don't feel I have anywhere else to chat about it, I may as well say it.

I want to transition to being openly female, but I don't see any good way to. The closest clinic with informed consent is a ways away from where I live, and I have no good way to get there and back regularly. I don't have anyone to go with to a salon to match up my skin tone with makeup. I also live closer to rural areas than I had in the past, and kinda worry about the types of people I might run into if I actually began transition.

But blast it, I want to actually feel good about how I look and act. I don't always get dysphoria, but I certainly don't find myself appealing. The problem is I don't know how comfy I can be where I live right now if I transition. I'm told I have my family's support, but I don't know how much I actually believe that sometimes.

Sorry for the heavy post, but I felt like saying it.

Edit: Well, looked it up and I have at least two options for trans-friendly endocrinologists in my area. I might need to make some calls when I've got the gall...
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
That's good you have options that are closer to you. Not sure how small of a community you're talking here, but could always use an uber or cab system for transportation. If that's something you can afford however many times you would need to go back and fourth, I know that can add up.

I say go for you, the sooner the better. When you can start to feel yourself in your own body, it will change your outlook on everything. Don't let others hold you back!

I hope for the best for you and hopefully you can conjure up that gall to call and maybe after that you will feel more and more confident to keeping going further. :)
author=InfectionFiles
That's good you have options that are closer to you. Not sure how small of a community you're talking here, but could always use an uber or cab system for transportation. If that's something you can afford however many times you would need to go back and fourth, I know that can add up.

I say go for you, the sooner the better. When you can start to feel yourself in your own body, it will change your outlook on everything. Don't let others hold you back!

I hope for the best for you and hopefully you can conjure up that gall to call and maybe after that you will feel more and more confident to keeping going further. :)

Hear hear! (even if I don't know you all that well, all the best to you to be you!)
A trans friend of mine said that Planned Parenthood is notably kind to trans folks in the US. If you have an office for them around (and are in the US at all) then that might be something to check out.
author=AtiyaTheSeeker
So I know I get wishy-washy about this sort of thing that I'm going to mention, but considering I don't feel I have anywhere else to chat about it, I may as well say it.

I want to transition to being openly female, but I don't see any good way to. The closest clinic with informed consent is a ways away from where I live, and I have no good way to get there and back regularly. I don't have anyone to go with to a salon to match up my skin tone with makeup. I also live closer to rural areas than I had in the past, and kinda worry about the types of people I might run into if I actually began transition.

But blast it, I want to actually feel good about how I look and act. I don't always get dysphoria, but I certainly don't find myself appealing. The problem is I don't know how comfy I can be where I live right now if I transition. I'm told I have my family's support, but I don't know how much I actually believe that sometimes.

Edit: Well, looked it up and I have at least two options for trans-friendly endocrinologists in my area. I might need to make some calls when I've got the gall...

You normally need to start by getting a note from a therapist recommending HRT, if that is your first goal.

But also, things that are frightening right now sometimes feel more comfortable the longer you have had to think about them. And just understanding that you want to transition is a powerful step.
author=AtiyaTheSeeker

I am 100% in support of this! I say be the best you that you can be, no matter how uncomfortable that may make some people. It is your body, your life, and you need to be happy with it. You can always find support here!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I watched the "Down The Rabbit Hole" on that Terry guy who made TempleOS and I've never felt so broken up over the loss of a complete stranger. He said a lot of wacky shit, but even when his mental illness was tearing his family apart, he still loved them and they loved him. The greatest tragedy isn't that he decided to throw himself in front of a train after years of strangers online prodding his condition into further deterioration, but that the world will continue to fail Terrys long into the future because no tragedy is worth enough to change the beasts of habit we all are. We'll be crushed by their loss, but we'll sleep it off and go about our routine the next day as though nothing had happened.

And that's the way the world is... We don't go through tragedy and come out the other side changed - oh no, we're pushed into it and then roll backwards out again.
I tried to get back into Game of Thrones last night. I originally lost interest at the end of Season 6, since the writing quality had gone deep into the shitter, but decided to give episode 1 of Season 7 a try.

It sucked. I'll be resuming my don't-care-anymore position.
author=Dyhalto
I tried to get back into Game of Thrones last night. I originally lost interest at the end of Season 6, since the writing quality had gone deep into the shitter, but decided to give episode 1 of Season 7 a try.

It sucked. I'll be resuming my don't-care-anymore position.

It's fun but for the book's standards its pure ass, lazy writing ass that shits on the story. #im not butthurt
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I've decided not to eat.
I’m thinking about zDS using wrestlers as slurs
author=Altered
I’m thinking about zDS using wrestlers as slurs

it takes a real macho man to do this
I'm thinking about checking this thread

... Oh wait
Resisting the urge to jump back on Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice because I'm currently beating my head against a boss and I know I'm going to die upwards of 20 times. And I don't want to go to bed with steam coming out of my ears.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If Sekiro is anything like From Software's other games then you might even die several *hundred* times before you win, depending on the boss. Ornstein and Smough took me like six months to kill. Mostly because I didn't know that non-fat rolling existed.