WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs

Holy shit I remember these.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Remember when Pop-Tarts came in a paper pouch instead of aluminum? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I remember that, because one time I opened up a pop tart and bit into it only to find that it was covered in thousands of tiny black ants who had gotten into my pantry and chewed through the paper.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
That I need a cigarette but I have already quit smoking for a month now yet I'm still getting cravings.. :/
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Forever Alone day.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Yesterday I met a guy at University who'd finished his Maths undergrad at 20 and was during a masters in AI.

He did some pretty amazing things in his spare time (like trading, for example) and was generally very clearly smart.

Or at least, that's what I thought, until he asked me to help him with some basic C++ code.
My God, he had absolutely no idea what he was doing, and it wasn't even the syntax that was tripping him up.

Weird.

Also yeah happy Valentine's Day let's all be bitter bla bla qq I am the only one who's single today please pity me
author=LockeZ
A debit card is literally just a checkbook, except that stores will actually accept it, since they essentially cash the check before you leave the store. There is no reason for a human being not to have a debit card.

Credit cards have a lot of upsides and downsides depending on how dependable you think you can be at paying them. You can get ones that earn you cash back or frequent flyer miles or other stuff like that, but if you're late on a payment, it's all for naught.

author=Isrieri
Debit cards are your loyal servants. Credit cards plot to kill you in your sleep at night.

Aaaaahhh, sounds about right.

Thanks for helping me decide, guys.

Work time in a bit for me btw, luuuuuul
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
author=wildwes
what is this

Madness.

I can't believe they're as far as they are.
EDIT: Actually, for about 2 days worth of effort that explains everything.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=LockeZ
A debit card is literally just a checkbook, except that stores will actually accept it, since they essentially cash the check before you leave the store. There is no reason for a human being not to have a debit card.

Well, there is the fact that a debit card gives you a direct line into your account. It's much harder to spend money if you have to go out of your way to go to the bank (since without a card, you can't use the ATM) to get your money. THIS IS WHY I DO NOT HAVE A DEBIT CARD.

Instead, with purchases that require a card, that I really, really want, I choose to use a prepaid credit card (Bluebird, since it is absolutely free to use). It's essentially the same as having to go to the bank to get money, except you're actually going to a load location to put money on your card so you can spend it online, or wherever insists you have a card to make a transaction. This allows you to seriously think about what you're doing instead of just spending blindly.
I always wanted to be one of those actors.
author=Pizza
I always wanted to be one of those actors.

yeah ill bet
Corfaisus
If only there was a cheap and convenient way to store perishables in the fridge. *gray, bleak, unrealistically-inefficient world* *walks into wall*

Behold, all ye criminally-uncoordinated bumpkins, your God has come and His holy name is Tupperware. *angelic chorus* *sparkle-sparkle*

Order Now!

My new PC finally works! Hooray!

...it turns out I installed the motherboard wrong and it was shorting out...
pianotm
Now who grabs cellophane like that in real life? I mean, srsly.
My great-grandmother's been really sick lately, and she's been in the hospital for a little while now. My grandmother just called talking about funerals and such and I'm... kinda worried...
pianotm
author=wildwes
My great-grandmother's been really sick lately, and she's been in the hospital for a little while now. My grandmother just called talking about funerals and such and I'm... kinda worried...

It's not easy...but that's GREAT-grandmother. It's rare to have one of those. Mine died when I was three. It sounds like she lived a great long life. You're lucky to have known her and she's lucky to have lived so long to know you.

I'm sorry, I'd say more right now, but this is a really hard topic for me to discuss...