WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=turkeyDawg
author=Pizza
Seriously, what kind of self respecting Human being hasn't played the Banjo series?
I played a few hours of Donkey Kong 64 five years ago. Does that count?

If you're able to complete either Beaver Bother minigame in the Creepy Castle, it does.
author=zacheatscrackers
author=Pizza
Banjo-Tooie confirmed for best 3D platformer of all time.
For me, that honor goes to Psychonauts. I love that game to death.

Though both of the original Banjos are pretty legit, of course.

As long as you don't think it's Mario 64 it's fine with me. Speaking of which, I bought that game on Steam ages ago. Gotta install it soon and see what the hubbub is about.

@Arandomgamemaker: Man, I think you're in for a good time. I actually consider TTC a pretty bland world myself, compared to the rest of them. My favourite is Rusty Bucket Bay.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I wasn't allowed to have a home console during the time Banjo was around, so I never got to play it. I want to, though. :(
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
The hell's a banjo?
author=seiromem
The hell's a banjo?

It's a bear with a bird in its backpack, obviously!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Arandomgamemaker
author=seiromem
The hell's a banjo?
It's a bear with a bird in its backpack, obviously!

Should be a bird with a bear in its backpack seeing as Kazooie does all the hard work and is overall just a better character. Once you split them up in Banjo Tooie, you'll quickly find yourself asking (outside of the instances where you must in order to activate a switch) "why would I ever use Banjo, and why the hell is he the lead character?"

Banjo's rank has officially been dropped to paperweight.
@Corfaisus: He's actually really versatile when you split up if you know how to use him well. He can double jump with the pack attack ability, which gives him a surprising amount of mobility, and can self heal/walk & breath underwater. I think that overall they're both pretty balanced, gameplay and writing wise. It's a good match up.

When combined Kazooie comprises all of the abilities because of the fact that Banjo is there mainly for the basic movement controls.
Corfaisus
author=Pizza
@Corfaisus: He's actually really versatile when you split up if you know how to use him well. He can double jump with the pack attack ability, which gives him a surprising amount of mobility, and can self heal/walk & breath underwater. I think that overall they're both pretty balanced, gameplay and writing wise. It's a good match up.

When combined Kazooie comprises all of the abilities because of the fact that Banjo is there mainly for the basic movement controls.

For Banjo's jump, Kazooie can backflip roughly twice as high and gets massive boosts to her speed and jumping ability while using boots when she's not being accompanied by Cpt. Deadweight. She can also glide in Tooie which, combined with her high backflip, completely destroys the need for Banjo in most outdoor cases. The only time Banjo is even remotely useful is when you have to hold onto the side of a crevice and move to the left or right while avoiding the blue chompy enemies that come out of their holes in the walls or swim, which simply isn't enough to justify his inclusion in the quest. Then again, I'm not entirely sure that Kazooie couldn't just fly over said space anyway. With such increased mobility, you can easily avoid enemies all-together; and even when you can't, your spinning wing attack allows you to change direction much more quickly than Banjo's pack attack.

Hell, when swimming, if you had learned the Talon Torpedo ability on land, Kazooie's proven that she doesn't need Banjo to even do that. Frankly, the designers (if anything) held her back just so Banjo could get some time in the sun. Do that nowadays and you're sexist.

Writing-wise, Banjo's a lazy, carebear pushover who's incompetence would likely get him killed if it wasn't for Kazooie's sharp wit keeping him in line. Frankly, if it weren't for the whole witch-stole-my-sister premise of BK, he could've been left sleeping in his bed and the game would have suffered no detriment.

Pretty much sums up the 'sperience.

Now I'm thinking someone should make a crossover fangame starring Faris Scherwiz, Kazooie, and Samus Aran in their quest to save the world as these three stick out to me as the strongest "retro" women in video games I can think of off the top of my head that didn't need anyone.
author=Pizza
author=Corfaisus
author=Arandomgamemaker
Gonna play some Banjo Kazooie. I don't even know what it is, but people say it's good.
What a coincidence, I just recently came back to Banjo Tooie after a long stint of "not gonna put up with this shit". I realized what I was doing wrong and I'm going full speed now.

Banjo Kazooie is the better game, though. I had a near-epiphany playing it last as I found myself actually having genuine, gameplay-related fun and questioning "with all my farting around with RPGs, is this the joy I've been missing this whole time?" It actually flows and allows you to get everything done with little to no backtracking required, which plagues Banjo Tooie like horrid odor does a gym bag.
You guys both suck at life. Seriously, what kind of self respecting Human being hasn't played the Banjo series?

I haven't played any of those new fangled "three dee platformers" *goes back to playing Super Mario Bros 3*
author=Corfaisus
Writing-wise, Banjo's a lazy, carebear pushover who's incompetence would likely get him killed if it wasn't for Kazooie's sharp wit keeping him in line.

Hello and welcome to THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF THE WRITING

Yes, let's just fucking annihilate a great game cause you think you've some how figured out how to design it better than some of the greatest devs in fucking history at their prime

If I wasn't on a phone I'd write an essay about how hideously wrong you are but I'll have to wait until my eyes are no longer on fire
(note to self: do not say something bad about Banjo Kazooie in Pizza's presence, like, EVER)

author=Corfaisus
Now I'm thinking someone should make a crossover fangame starring Faris Scherwiz, Kazooie, and Samus Aranas the strongest "retro" women in video games I can think of off the top of my head that didn't need anyone.

Anything with both Samus and Faris in it sounds so very awesome. I like this idea.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Twitch Plays Pokemon has inspired me to start a nuzlocke run.

I managed to get all eight gym badges this times before my team was annihilated.

Of course, assuming you're not nuzlocking a pokemon game you've never played the normal way before, the only part of nuzlocke runs that's actually difficult is the test on your patience, since you have to spend far longer grinding XP. I inevitably get bored/cocky and move on to the next part of the game too soon. And then Gary murders my poor level 43 Beedrill that I've been using since the second town.
That reminds me of my White Nuzlocke that I never finished. I managed to get all the way to Victory Road, but I got lazy with grinding my Krookodile and he died to some random trainer in Victory Road. I had him for over half the game. I went ahead and released him and then turned the game off. I haven't touched it since. ;_;
I have a few moments so let me explain better

It's story/gameplay integration. This is a good thing when done well and it is im BT. Banjo (as I said before) is the standard platforming character, he doesn't have too many unique abilities until later on. He relies on Kazooie to help him because he's dumb, which you pointed out. Thus is why most abilities are Kazooie centric, because she's the smart one, and for the sake of RPG terms is your equipmemt/weapon in the game. Duh, without her Banjo would be fucked, ergo why the game is so well made.

Made sense to me but idk maybe I'm just bad at game making or something
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
My grandma really liked Banjo-Kazooie. I would watch her play it and we would have lots of fun.

I don't know what you guys are talking about when you say "story" but I remember that the levels were pretty cool and you went around collecting things. The guys you would find in the levels usually had funny junk to say and I loved Rusty Bucket Bay. But of course, I wasn't going out for 100% completion like some nutty badgers out there.

The best part of the whole game was flying around Freezeasy Peak & Treasure Trove Cove. As well as flinging yourself off the lighthouse of the latter level.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Going to have to download Banjo and Kazooie now...

On top of that, now that you got me thinking of the N64, I'm going to have download Conker's Bad Fur Day, Star Wars Shadows of the Empire, and GoldenEye.

Thank you, one and all for putting me on yet another nostalgia trip.
So I'm now at the sand level. Clanker's level was weird, but good I guess. The swamp was kind of boring.

I'm having way more fun then I did with Super Mario 64, though.
Corfaisus
All things observable are an oversimplification founded on perspective, which in itself is limited to two dimensions, though the knowledge of more is understood to exist. That being the case, what if the universe has no inherent "shape" and that the entirety of the universe "shifts" strictly to accommodate our perspective?

You aren't the center of the universe; you're the center of your universe.