WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Alternatively you could have actually responded to me

PS: For future reference I have anger management problems, I am terribly sorry and so on if I happen to explode in people's faces. Usually I tend to edit it before I post but being at work I just fired something off on break.

EDIT: After going back and reading my post I'd like to mention that I wasn't even being that unreasonable, so I don't know why you're suddenly on about perception of reality unless you just don't have a counter argument.

@Arandomgamemaker: I think my biggest issue with the first game is that over time I've gotten really bored with the levels. Gobi's Valley is where it starts getting pretty okay but honestly I only really enjoy the levels after that because I've played them less.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I'm thinking about how much I hate the Battle Maison in Pokémon X because that place is fucking awful.
author=halibabica
I'm thinking about how much I hate the Battle Maison in Pokémon X because that place is fucking awful.

You gotta give them credit, at least it's on par with the rest of that game.
halibabica
I'm sorry you feel that way. I quite enjoyed the rest of it.
Quick, tell me about subjective reality!

Nah, I was really disappointed with it. I felt like it was both shallow and cluttered at the same time if that makes any sense. I don't blame them though, the transition to 3D is always pretty messy to some degree, and they probably had to use most of their budget just to make the 700+ Pokemon alone, not to mention everything else.

Still waiting on that baller Hoenn remake now that the gates are open. C'mon Gamefreak, do the right thing.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Pizza
Alternatively you could have actually responded to me

I just figured it'd be best to move past the conversation, as I felt what I had previously posted might have been taken the wrong way and any further posting on the matter might just make things worse.

Personally, I adore Banjo Kazooie as a game now more than ever; what I was getting into before had nothing to do with the story or the writing, but more the gameplay and how it felt that whatever Banjo could do, Kazooie could do better. Sorry if you read into it the wrong way.
halibabica
Depends on what you mean by shallow and cluttered. I don't deny it has flaws, and there were some things that I was disappointed with, too. However, it's still much better than past games in many regards. Exp. All is an absolute godsend. Moves that were terrible before were rebalanced to actually be useful. Super Training makes EVs transparent instead of hidden. They pretty much fixed all of my major complaints from the rest of the series.

However, I do feel like they made things too easy. They seemed to save the decent challenges only for the end of the game, with everything prior being so simple as to rush you through it. Things like awarding you Surf and a Lapras right next to each other just for talking to some NPCs. I didn't feel like I was earning anything.

There's more I could elaborate on, but that's the gist of how I feel about it. I love it in spite of what it lacked.

Except the Maison. Fuck that place.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=halibabica
Except the Maison. Fuck that place.
Any type of battle frontier/tower place is geared to be unfair. Even the devs admitted to cheating to to advance in one of the earlier battle frontiers. I don't know why those are kept the same way in these games.

Also I share some of the same feelings with Pizza in regards to X/Y. What I think he means by "cluttered" is how so many old gen Pokemon are available within the game in place of any new concepts. In turn, the entire Kalos region actually loses its identity, feeling more like a hodge-podgey concoction from some fanboy rather than a very distinctive environment like in Unova or Hoenn. Places like Johto at least excuses itself on the account that the region is right next door to Kanto, so having more of the same species would make some sense. Kalos, however, is supposed to be based in France, which compared to the other regions is near the other side of the world, so... What? It's not like the choice of Pokemon to go there were particularly intelligent, either. Why would you put Caterpie, Weedle, AND the new worm Poke, all of which have similar stats and capabilities, in the exact same area!?

The game also had a lot of cool ideas that weren't implemented well. The best example being Horde Encounters. It looked good in the screens, but BOY were they handled terribly. Whereas B/W gave you the OPTION to encounter wild double battles in clearly-indicated dark bushes, this game throws these gimmicky encounters EVERYWHERE, and they are not fun to play at all. The hordes are tedious and a high risk with little reward.

Also the Pokemon rides. I was already kind of disappointed by the fact that you could only ride on specific Pokemon in specific areas, but I'm even more disappointed by the fact that all but... One ride moved at the speed of a snail and came with clunky controls. It really didn't add anything to the game and just felt like an annoyance more than anything else. The only one I had fun with was the Skiddo, and that's because it was crazy. xD

I'd also like to mention that while Sky Battles were okay in their implementation, I'm disappointed by the fact that you really don't get any reward for going out of your way to beat any of these sky trainers, because would ANYONE build a full team of just flying types initially?

Overall, while I can't really say it's a bad game, it still has many enjoyable parts to it and the ending was touching (kind of a dark direction for Pokemon considering how it describes all these creatures dying in a war and all), it's far from being the best game out of the series so far. I had way more fun with B/W and HG/SS compared to this.

author=Pizza
I don't blame them though, the transition to 3D is always pretty messy to some degree, and they probably had to use most of their budget just to make the 700+ Pokemon alone, not to mention everything else.
I recognize a majority of the models from the Pokemon Stadium/Battrio games, with even the same death animations, so I actually kind of doubt the modelling part took as long as you suggest.
halibabica
I never played HG/SS and I missed the 5th gen entirely, so I can't argue for or against those titles. All I know is that most of my major beefs with the series were fixed, leaving only the minor ones that I have an easier time forgiving.

I agree with most of what you're saying, but I don't think it's all bad. Maybe it's because I played using only the 'mons I was given, NPC traded, or one-time catches, but I don't think Kalos has identity issues just 'cuz a lot of the mons are the same. If anything, I thought it was nice that areas have more variety in the mons that appear there, even if three of them are caterpillars.

And the hordes...they're irritating to fight, but they have their place. They make EV training exceptionally easy, and they're a breeze to clear if you're ready for them. And if you're not, well, you can always just flee the fight.

I didn't care for the Pokémon you could ride or the sky battles, either. But they were small things and used sparingly, so it's not a big deal to me.

from Ratty524
Any type of battle frontier/tower place is geared to be unfair. Even the devs admitted to cheating to to advance in one of the earlier battle frontiers.

This doesn't surprise me one bit.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
I've always known the computers cheat, now I have proof!

My RMN bros senses are tingling.
Haven't they all started in March?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Corfaisus
All things observable are an oversimplification founded on perspective, which in itself is limited to two dimensions, though the knowledge of more is understood to exist. That being the case, what if the universe has no inherent "shape" and that the entirety of the universe "shifts" strictly to accommodate our perspective?

You aren't the center of the universe; you're the center of your universe.

The first step on the journey to higher understanding is taken when this illusion has been shattered. First realize that everything we know to be reality is based entirely upon perspective, and therefore is not real. That is to say that everything, including your own body and the very ground you walk upon, is an illusion.
halibabica
from seiromem
My RMN bros senses are tingling.
Haven't they all started in March?

More or less. Don't get excited, though. We're doing things a lot differently this time, including start date. It's not for a few months.
Man, I miss Law & Order. And re-runs can only take you so far... I need my police/courtroom drama fix, dammit! (SVU sucks)
_
Also, no one ever posts in the Development images section anymore. Are we ready to the call the "time-of-death" yet, or not?
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I think I just cracked the case.

Welp, I move into the shitty camp tomorrow. 50 people per wing/6 showers per wing? Man, work is gonna smell so fucking bad. Also no Wi-Fi so I guess you guys have one less problem on your hands (at least less often).

Also, yesterday I had another one of those moments when I realize how dead serious I take video games. Listening to the FF9 soundtrack on the way to work, and Garnet's theme comes on. I literally got so fucking angry at Garnet that I had to stop listening, and I couldn't even turn on the soundtrack this morning.

I love being this kind of person so much
How do cats end a fight? They hiss and make up.

HUAHUAHUAHUAHUA
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
^I'm dying

So my dissertation project took up pretty much my entire weekend. On the plus side, I now can't wait to graduate
So the new camp is worse than we feared. The guys who moved last night said there was mold everywhere, mice shit in the vents, piss on the floor, inadequate heating/showers/toilets, exhaust filling the rooms due to parking bear the air intake, and spoiled food in the bag up room.

I fucking hate everything so much

GOTTA SAVE MONEY WHEN YOURE AN OIL GIANT HUR HUR HUR

IM NOT A FUCKING RICH OR FAT ENOUGH ITALIAN YET
You hate everything now, too?

Welcome to my world! *laughter*

Naaahh, life's cool. <3