WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

fuck my ankle, hurts like a bitch

aaaaa
Just found out about this:

What kind of madness goes on in this game?! Does this really play every time you ride a chocobo? @.@
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
"Closer to Truth" establishes nothing that brings us even remotely closer to truth. It's literally half an hour of white noise. That being said, when you step back far enough, both religion and astronomy are ridiculous foundations for any absolute knowledge.

"I hear voices."
"I stare at mirrors."
"I believe in what I can't see."
"I believe I'm finding stuff that I can't see and feel secure enough about its possible existence to give it a concrete definition."
<glance over>
"If you can't see it, it doesn't exist."
"What is existence without belief of existence?"
"Belief is for the ignorant; knowledge is for the tempered."
"When everything is a matter of faith, what is knowledge?"
<bare teeth>
"You're dumb."
"I'm not dumb; you're dumb."
"Well, you're going to hell."
"Your life has no meaning."
"You're not welcome in my church."
"You're not welcome in my country club."
<corners>

Can't we all just acknowledge that in the grand scheme of things we don't know shit and get along? Honestly, we'd be better off knowing our own history (scriptures have a fair amount of legitimate history in them when you shave away the theological inconsistencies) and taking the next step like people have been doing since the dawn of time instead of arguing who has the bigger stick up their ass. It's scary how closely the Big Bang and evolution resemble the first three chapters of Genesis when you replace "days" with "eons" and take into consideration that shit didn't just pop up. With that, understand how early humans came to see things and you'll get a clear-cut picture of why we are the way we are now.
maybe Big Bang Theory the TV show, but our fanciful made up stories about gods and magic are nothing like what happened.
author=turkeyDawg
Just found out about this:

What kind of madness goes on in this game?! Does this really play every time you ride a chocobo? @.@

Only the asshole ones that keep eating your greens while you ride them and if you run out they buck you off. Normal chocobos have a different theme and only take the one green to start riding them. This blog has more (and a picture!) of ff13-2 chocobos.
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
author=kentona
maybe Big Bang Theory the TV show, but our fanciful made up stories about gods and magic are nothing like what happened.
*isn't certian if he's being serious or not* They were once our way of understanding what happened; even now, there is much we don't know. *looks up the show but decides to ignore for now.*
Religion and science don't necessarily need to be in conflict but can be complementary.

On an entirely different subject, I hope I can finish that map of mine before leaving for my play...
Well Corfaisus, what did you honestly expect from a TV documentary?

author=Corfaisus
Honestly, we'd be better off knowing our own history

Isn't history just as much guesswork as astronomy, though? Also, if you want to get really silly about it, astronomy is a kind of "history", given that the light we're looking at is usually estimated to be somewhere between thousands and BILLIONS of years old! Even the position of the sun in the sky is supposed to be, like, so 8 minutes ago gaiz!

- - -

author=kentona

WHAT IF THEY ARE? YOU WEREN'T THERE, MAN!

- - -

author=GreatRedSpirit
Only the asshole ones that keep eating your greens while you ride them and if you run out they buck you off.

So what you're saying is... U DONT THINK U CAN RIDE DAT CHOKABOOOOH!?!?!?!?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Try this:

We define our world through our senses; what we can hear, see, taste, touch, and smell. Upon defining these things, we create labels; we define ownership. This is my river. This is my street. This is my tree. If the river drys up, will it still be your river? If the tree is eaten by termites, will it still be your tree? All things are based upon our perspective.

Now consider this: Time has no basis in science. Science currently assumes that the past, present, and the future are held together by this stream of energy called Time, even going as far as applying it to its theories. Einstein's Theory of Relativity depends on time existing, but when you think about Time, the whole notion is absurd. It is based on a perception of permanence. We have pictures of Hitler, so he must have lived, thus in some way he somehow continues to affect reality (wrong). There are writings about Alexander the Great, so he must have lived, and thus in some way he somehow continues to affect reality (wrong).

Now try this: There are no flowers in the ground. They do not exist. So you go to the store and buy seeds and go and plant them in the ground. You water them and make sure they have plenty of sunlight. They still don't exist. Then one day, they begin to sprout. Now the flowers exist. The grow and they bloom in countless colors. The flowers exist. But these are annuals and they die. Soon the ground is bare once again. The flowers no longer exist. You go to your garden and see only bare ground. They do not exist.

The reality is that only that which is permenant exists. Therefore, that which at any time did not exist, never has existed and never will exist. This must mean that nothing is permenant, and if nothing is permenant then nothing exists. That means that the following statement must be true:

The flowers did not exist before they were born and did not exist after they died, and therefore, they never existed at all.
That sounds like nihilism to me. Which makes me sad, to be honest. I'm chemically wired to be sad when things STOP existing, so why shouldn't I be sad when I never exist in the first place?

Answer: I exist now, will exist in the future, and one day I will have existed. My memory will become me and I'm content with that.

Not to say that isn't interesting as an idea, though.
unity
You're magical to me.
“Our songs will all be silenced, but what of it? Go on singing.”
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
I'm sorry, I'd rather focus on eating my cheeseburger while gam-makin'.
unity
You're magical to me.
Then do that.
pianotm
author=Gourd_Clae
That sounds like nihilism to me. Which makes me sad, to be honest. I'm chemically wired to be sad when things STOP existing, so why shouldn't I be sad when I never exist in the first place?

Answer: I exist now, will exist in the future, and one day I will have existed. My memory will become me and I'm content with that.

Not to say that isn't interesting as an idea, though.

Of course you're sad. The First Noble Truth is "All is suffering."

But the point isn't defeatism, which is how nihilism views "non-existential" thought. Nihilism simply take the view that because nothing exists, then nothing matters. Consider this: if nothing exists, then the reason the world as we perceive it is as we perceive it, then it is because we made reality as we perceive it. But we can't just make that leap. We must first learn to destroy reality before we can truly define it and make it to our own whims, and the first step to destroying reality is to realize that everything is an illusion, hence the idea, "nothing exists".
If you seriously thought that you and everything else didn't exist, you wouldn't go through the trouble of typing all this out, now would you?
Change your definition of "existence" to "that which interacts with other things in some way", and not only do you and everything else get to "exist" and be "real", you don't even have to worry about whether or not your knowledge of it is "absolute", or whether or not its all in your head or in the Matrix or whatever. Hell, you don't even have to be sad about anything.
Words, concepts, scientific models etc don't have to be perfect and absolute, they just have to help us predict things better to further our own purposes. We don't need to "destroy reality" or whatever just because we can't know everything.
Wow. This has turned into one hell of a mishmash of picking and choosing which of Nietzsche's tenets to follow mixed in with some good old fashioned Buddhism and a very strong twist of Thelemic tradition. I'm very impressed.
I only know a tiny bit of two of those things! i r ejukatid!
pianotm
author=turkeyDawg
If you seriously thought that you and everything else didn't exist, you wouldn't go through the trouble of typing all this out, now would you?
Change your definition of "existence" to "that which interacts with other things in some way", and not only do you and everything else get to "exist" and be "real", you don't even have to worry about whether or not your knowledge of it is "absolute", or whether or not its all in your head or in the Matrix or whatever. Hell, you don't even have to be sad about anything.
Words, concepts, scientific models etc don't have to be perfect and absolute, they just have to help us predict things better to further our own purposes. We don't need to "destroy reality" or whatever just because we can't know everything.

No. We need to "destroy reality" in order to know ourselves, which is everything we need to know. It's the only reality that matters. After all, if I don't exist, then how do I define my reality? And you can't use that definition of existence, because what are you interacting with? As for science: you are trying to define an infinite universe with a finite tool. Where's the logic in that?
Oooh, oooh, oooh! Now we're picking and choosing which parts of Thelemic belief to follow as well (because they're contradicted by the picking and choosing of Nietzsche's beliefs)? I like where this is going!
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
A heated debate in regards to religion and spirituality in what is essentially the forum's spam topic.

Only in RMN.
Aremen is the one true religion. Heathens.