WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Well there's this one, which says an English trans may follow so I'm not sure if they have someone willing to translate for them, you could offer.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/5989/

There are a couple of others but they are older, not sure the devs are around any more for most of them.
Sweet! Thanks for passing this on.
Hopefully some others will pop up, but it's certainly nothing urgent.
nhubi
I'm thinking I wish my phone's predictive text would stop replacing the word Overlord with overload, it's annoying.
nhubi
...and now I'm thinking what the heck happened to the forum main page? It's got this weird sidebar on the right that looks displaced.

e: and apparently that was just because I was viewing it on my phone, it's all good now, everyone calm down.
I'm thinking of a way to earn *exactly* six more ms, just to freak out any hyper-religious peeps out there.
Screenshots, I think. And as an insider tip, the bad number was 636 but wrongly translated if I remember correctly. I might be wrong, though, and 666 just sounds better anyway. All numbers with the same figures are kinda popular. It doesn't really make a difference anyhow.
A pentagram used to be a Christian sign, too. You know, guardian sign and stuff.

I'm thinking that I'm hungry and should cook instead of pixeling more ..
Uh, the pentagram is a pagan sign. And yes it is a sign of protection. The reverse pentagram means harming.

Derailing: Christianity (and heck, all other related religions like Jewish, Othrodox, and etc.) have adopted a majority of the religions that were already present, to make the conversion from 'Paganism' to 'Religion' much easier.

Examples?
God is usually depicted as a bearded old man sitting in the clouds: Zeus.

Despite being monotheistic, Angels were added in to somewhat appease the people's craving (is this the right word?) for other gods.

The story of Jesus is literally a rip-off of Horus.

The line "Men were made in the likeness of God", is an attempt to bring the god(s) closer to us humans. Giving some feeling of false importance.

The Bible was heavily re-written by the Roman Empire. This was most likely to truncate all those negative sentiments on them (like genocide, and etc.)

Each Apostle had his own version of the gospel, but because of the previous example, only four are shown today.

I could go on, but I feel that I should stop.
Forgive me, if I've insulted anyone in anyway because of this.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=karins_soulkeeper
Derailing: Christianity (and heck, all other related religions like Jewish, Othrodox, and etc.) have adopted a majority of the religions that were already present, to make the conversion from 'Paganism' to 'Religion' much easier.

Intentional or not, I just felt the need to set this straight. Judaism came first, to which Christianity is a "branch-off" (read: bastardization). Hell, it should just be called Messianic Judaism, only without the need for Moshe delivering the Word of HaShem to the Jewish people (because what Christian honestly gives two shits about the Torah (Old Testament)).
Have you heard about the ALS Bandits? They go around town and dump buckets of ice water on people's heads!

In case any of you were wondering what I look like, what I sound like, and what my backyard looks like.

It was about 14*C when I did this. The cold doesn't bother me anyway.
It says it's private, do you meant for it to be 'unlisted'?
author=ivoryjones
It says it's private, do you meant for it to be 'unlisted'?
ummmmm maybe? i don't youtube...
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
"Oooh, that's brisk."

Real Men Network!
I don't know why but the word "brisk" has never been so amusing.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Ahem...wasn't going to do this anymore...but...

A quick correction here. The pentagram is a PYTHAGOREAN symbol. For those who don't know, Pythagoras is one of the three (Greek) fathers of philosophy--Pythagoras, Socrates, and Orpheus. Pythagoras' specific contribution to philosophy is mathematics, and his teachings formed the basis for sacred geometry.

Many religions throughout history have used numerous symbols, including the pentagram, the cross, the swastika, the six point star, and so on and so forth. Off-topic but related, most magick throughout the Dark Ages and the Middle Ages was performed regardless of religion, the most famous being Christian or Jewish, because the general belief was that magick and the control over spirits was granted by God. Therefore, much of the witchcraft we associate with Paganism actually finds its roots in Christianity and Judaism. Famous examples are Abra-Melin the Jew, John Dee, Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa, Elphias Levi, and according to ancient manuscripts, Moses and King Solomon.

The pentagram, throughout the Dark Ages, Middle Ages, and Medieval times has far more Christian and Jewish associations than it does Pagan associations. It was common symbol found on the shields of knights due to its association with the Five Virtues and the Five Wounds of Christ. A classic example of a knights shield bearing the five point "pentangle" comes from the 14th century poem, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, in which the unknown poet describes Gawain preparing for his quest to the Green Chapel and carefully describes the pentangle on his shield and all of its relevant symbolism. One point to make about SGGK, however is that while it may be steeped in Christianity, it decidedly pays respect the Pagan beliefs of the ancient Gaelic and the Welsh, the Green Knight being clearly a personification of the Green Man.

The poem also sees Gawain consorting with the Lady Bertilak, the wife of the Lord Bertilak, her younger sister, and her matronly aunt, Morgan Le Fay, a clear personification of Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

The lesson here is to never assign a belief or a symbol to any specific group or culture; the fact is that the scholarship is much more complex. If I don't stop here, I'll be going on for hours about possible alternate ownership of the pentagram. Don't even get me started on the cross.

Edit: Christ being a rip-off of Horus probably isn't the most fair assessment. This story, the story of hanging from a cross (the World Tree), involves a character that is referred to as the Maimed King. Horus isn't the only example, nor is he the oldest one. The belief in Osiris and Isis came relatively late in the Egyptian pantheon, earliest known references dating back to the Hellenist period. The oldest example of the Maimed King I can think of, off hand, is the devastation of Kronus (Chronos/Cronus), King of the Titans and father of the Greek gods. Other examples include Odin hanging from Yggdrasil, accidentally impaling himself upon the spear Guganir.

The key points of these tend to be 1) Stars predict the time of the Maimed King's birth, 2) He is born to a virgin mother 3)Angels/Shepherds/Magi visit the infant. It is worth noting that Christ's birthday is December 25th. For those who don't know the alternate significance of that date, it is Brumalia, the last day of the two week Roman celebration of Saturnalia. A very interesting read on this subject is "The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors" by Kersey Graves (1875).

Also, the Bible wasn't "rewritten" by the Romans. It was "assembled" from approved and complete texts by the 2nd Nicene counsel, and it was no mean feat, considering they had to sift through holy scripture of varying age and condition in nearly 10 different languages. It would be foolish to think that the Bible was able to withstand all of the subsequent translations intact (I can confirm this one easily, owning 6 different versions), but it can be stated with confidence that since the 2nd Nicene Counsel, nobody important has run rogue with a pair of scissors and a gluestick making mad edits. The damage was already done.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=kentona
Have you heard about the ALS Bandits? They go around town and dump buckets of ice water on people's heads!

In case any of you were wondering what I look like, what I sound like, and what my backyard looks like.

It was about 14*C when I did this. The cold doesn't bother me anyway.

I "liked" this on Facebook
author=Corfaisus
"Oooh, that's brisk."
New site tagline? New site tagline.

And it's perfect that there's not exclamation point on the end, because the way kentona said it, there wasn't one. ^.^
I liked the "Say cheese!" by my son, who was watching.
You look nothing like Morgan Freeman...

I'm thinking about a 3D Sonic game with a BMX/Motocross-style trick system. Yeah, Generations and Rush have tricks, but you can only do them at specific points, and you can't flub them. I want to see Sonic do a trick too close to the ground and faceplant with glorious ragdoll physics!
(But really I just want to be able to do something other than collect rings and mash unfailable tricks to get boost... but there probably won't be anymore boost-based Sonic games so w/e)
author=turkeyDawg

I'm just as shocked as you!
author=turkeyDawg

Unbelievable, truly. To be honest he actually looks a lot like how I thought he probably looked in real life... weird.