WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

The future of RMN is in good hands.

(yes that is my 2yo son pantless, wearing a Mario shirt, carrying a sword and shield, and a knitted Angry Birds toque worn backwards)
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
That's quite the heroic pose, he's got there.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Kentona Jr. is prepped and ready for battle, he'll just have to find some sweet pants off a Dire Wolf or something.

I am thinking of two things, first, Hatsune Miku is on Letterman tonight and that's some sort of strangeness I can't comprehend: https://twitter.com/Letterman/status/519880621104308225

Second, these are funny vines:

NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=Kylaila
Will be gone for three works or more, my friends. Special clinic awaits - I'm happy!

Goodness, that sounds unpleasant. I hope you will be okay and feel better after your treatment. We'll be missing you around here. Take care!
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=nhubi
But Lookism (which I'm sorry, is a stupid -ism name) is instinctual, and what's more it's subjective.

I agree it's a fairly dumb name but it's a decent catchall for the Wikipedia article ;<

What I find attractive isn't the same as the things that you do. Yes there's that whole, symmetry = beauty thing, but that's only part of the equation. I may prefer someone with caramel coloured eyes, you may find ice blue to be attractive, I may think that blondes look insipid and redheads press my buttons, you may consider that black hair is the best and most striking look. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and therefore is much more difficult to enforce, or even define.

idk, I think while we have our personal preferences we're usually able to acknowledgement whether someone is really really good-looking.
That is one cute kid.

author=Linkis
We all wake up exactly the same way; our hair a mess and our eyes crusted with mucus. We all slump out of bed and drag ourselves to the restroom to void our bowels/bladders before pawing at breakfast. We all get that need to scratch our backs/armpits/faces once in a while. Why not be real about it?
Really? I arise looking positively radiant and float to the bathroom on a cloud surrounded by rainbows and butterflies and leaves tulip petals in its wake.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=AlphaOmega247
That is one cute kid.

author=Linkis
We all wake up exactly the same way; our hair a mess and our eyes crusted with mucus. We all slump out of bed and drag ourselves to the restroom to void our bowels/bladders before pawing at breakfast. We all get that need to scratch our backs/armpits/faces once in a while. Why not be real about it?
Really? I arise looking positively radiant and float to the bathroom on a cloud surrounded by rainbows and butterflies and leaves tulip petals in its wake.

On the other hand, you're Link, so it kind of evens out.
Going to be honest here, as a man who has made a living as a magician and a salesman, appearance is everything. Companies want people who look the part; That's show business. It's a simple straight forward case, if you happen to have traits that people find commonly "attractive", you are going to have a easier time in certain fields of life.
In the end, Life is not fair, and nothing is truly equal.
People pushing these issues always irritates me.
Thus I moved to Japan, where people are sexist/classist/racist/lookist on a common base so I can happily live with my 50s world views without people constantly trying to force confrontation on issues I disagree with being issues at all.

Kentona Jr. will save us all.
Linkis
Don't hate me cause I'm Cute :)
@AlphaOmega, Please do not attribute that nastiness to me and issue a heartfelt apology.
The original author is actually Corfaisus.

Thank you kindly :)
My Dearest Linkis,

It has recently come to my attention that I have, in a tragic act of ineptitude, attributed the vile and corrosive words of Corfaisus to your person. This act, though heinous, was not intentional on my part, as my weary mind was enraptured by the lambent blood moon perched high in the pale morning sky. Additionally, I am a noob and incapable of operating these newfangled electronic devices. I pray to the Goddesses that you have it within your soul to accept my most sincere apology. If my humble words prove insufficient, e-hugs may be provided for a small donation to the AlphaOmega Fan Club.

Sincerely,
Alpha

author=Corfaisus
author=AlphaOmega247
On the other hand, you're Link, so it kind of evens out.
I am left handed with blonde hair and blue eyes... The physique isn't quite a match, though. I'm... uh... much better built than Link... Yeah... *cough*
Linkis
Don't hate me cause I'm Cute :)
WOW, what an apology :) and so sincere.... How could I not accept? :)

WAIT...I am left handed with blonde hair and blue eyes... The physique isn't quite a match, though. I'm... uh... much better built than Link... Yeah... *cough*

Is Link hitting on Link?? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Is it time to make a Legend of Zelda game based on the legend of Narcissis?
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=Yellow Magic
idk, I think while we have our personal preferences we're usually able to acknowledgement whether someone is really really good-looking.

I just went and googled 'most attractive people' and had a look at around 150 photos of them, I'd say 3 or 4 are attractive to me, so I'm afraid I can't get on-board with that assumption. Then again photos don't do the subject justice, attractiveness really requires more than just a still image.

I don't disagree with the notion that people will automatically veer towards those they personally find attractive, and will more than likely give them more leeway in most situations, but due to the subjective nature of it it's not something you can quantify.

However even if you could, I'd be really leery of attempting legislation against it, in EXACTLY the same way that a person cannot choose the ethnic group or sexual proclivity into which they are born, they can't choose to be attractive or unattractive, it's who they are. Penalising them is the same as penalising someone for not being (or indeed being) heteronormative, and that's just wrong.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats

Dude's a thieving, murdering pile of shit, but I'd still let him in my house with a face like that. Woof!

EDIT: And if I have to explain how the above was in no way supposed to be taken seriously (read the news), I might just have to shank someone, myself. It should be pretty clear even without tone.

And no, I'm not actually threatening to stab anyone.
Corfaisus
EDIT: Thank you for going down right as I post and making me look like a tool.
nhubi
author=Corfaisus
Dude's a thieving, murdering pile of shit, but I'd still let him in my house with a face like that. Woof!

Which proves the point, but also makes me worry about perception skills, the guy has a prison tear, here's an important safety tip, prison tears are BAD, stay away from people who have them.
author=nhubi
author=Corfaisus
Which proves the point, but also makes me worry about perception skills, the guy has a prison tear, here's an important safety tip, prison tears are BAD, stay away from people who have them.
My mother's boyfriend (who she met on the internet) has one. He's a decent enough bloke. And yeah, he got it legit, not because he was trying to seem cool.

That said, sure the man above is kinda cute but I don't think he's all that. Quite frankly, he does look like the kind of guy who would shank you for a toilet roll. So... not my type I guess. ^.^; (But then, I have pretty weird attraction factor that is all over the board. Except when it comes to Johnny Depp, but hell, almost every woman loves JD~<3 )
nhubi
author=Liberty
My mother's boyfriend (who she met on the internet) has one. He's a decent enough bloke. And yeah, he got it legit, not because he was trying to seem cool.

I'm happy for her, yes that's not sarcasm, I am happy for her. Unfortunately for me the two I've met earned theirs in prison, not because of prison, and they are not decent in any sense. Still I wouldn't let someone I didn't know into my house if they had one. Unless you know, you introduced me to your mum and she introduced me to her boyfriend and I liked him, then I'd let him in.

I really don't get the do it because it's cool thing, if you're going to ink I believe it should have personal meaning.

Edit: Given Johnny Depp's notorious lack of personal hygiene, I'd have to pass on that one.
author=Liberty
Except when it comes to Johnny Depp, but hell, almost every woman loves JD~<3 )

Hell yes <3
author=nhubi
author=Liberty
I'm happy for her, yes that's not sarcasm, I am happy for her. Unfortunately for me the two I've met earned theirs in prison, not because of prison, and they are not decent in any sense. Still I wouldn't let someone I didn't know into my house if they had one. Unless you know, you introduced me to your mum and she introduced me to her boyfriend and I liked him, then I'd let him in.

I really don't get the do it because it's cool thing, if you're going to ink I believe it should have personal meaning.

Edit: Given Johnny Depp's notorious lack of personal hygiene, I'd have to pass on that one.

Oh, yeah, no problem there. I was just pointing out that some are decent blokes but I can understand why people would be leery. I mean, he got his in prison too - an unlucky accident that led to major charges (basically, guy was harassing his girlfriend at the time, he told the guy to leave off, guy came back with friends and laid into him. He grabbed something to hit the guy with and it ended up almost killing the man, he got charged and sent to prison for it.) But yeah, I can totally understand though. When I first met the guy I was like "...you're joking..." because he's this skinny, tiny man with tattoos all over (the dragon tattoo on top of his head is freakin' cool, though), shaved head, and swears worse than a sailor. Took me a long time to warm up to him - mainly because his family are shouters and in our family shouting only happens when something is very wrong. They've been together for about 6 years now and he's since grown on me. XD

But I totally understand - if I didn't know him I wouldn't let him in the house either. XP