WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I wanna make a sweet "AMV" to Castlevania 64 set to the "instrumental" of The Used's The Bird and The Worm (an idea I've had bobbing around in my head for the past couple of years or so) for Halloween, but I'm running Windows XP and Movie Maker doesn't like MP4s, which is the only video format I can get using traditional "save from youtube" methods. This double sucks because I found this that contains most of the footage I'd need if I were able to cut it up into clips.

Bummer.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Liberty
Also, I hate online interactions so much. I buy a game to play for myself, by myself. I hate having to go online for parts of the gameplay (at least give me the option to turn off the online parts completely so there's no mention of them!)

But... You can do that already? Just turn off the stupid PSS thing and you won't have to worry about it while playing (especially with those obnoxious pop-ups. "Do you want to have a link trade?" NO YOU'VE ASKED ME FOR THE nTH TIME!!). The only forced online interaction was with the Poke Transporter, which was indeed lame.

And wow, you guys have encountered only 2-1 horde battles!? I ran into them well over 13-20 times in my playthrough of the main game, and they contributed to my grumpiness throughout the experience. I agree that hordes encounters within itself isn't a bad idea, it's just that the devs didn't do anything to actually make it work well with Pokemon's mechanics, or at least make it so that it's fun to experience and adequately rewarded you for the effort you put into enduring them, besides cryptic game mechanics crap.

On to the rest of the complaints I had, it just always bothered me a little that Gamefreak would add a really nice and welcome feature to their games, and then take them out the next game for no other reason besides uniqueness. I especially liked the trainer customization in X&Y (even though it was kind of under-utilized), because it actually allowed me as a player to choose the identity I wanted in some aspects, and I was honestly tired of playing as the same spiky-haired white boy in every other game. I'm sure its removal won't impact the game in a huge way, but makes me question Game Freak's design methodologies.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=Liberty
Huh. I seem to be in a fine grump today. >.<;

I'd rate it 7/10 on the grumpometer, which is indeed in the fine range.

Truly I laughed reading that rant, basically because I actively dislike any game that forces me to do something on-line. If I wanted to play on-line I'd play an on-line game, I don't. Stop trying to make me by telling me all the things I'm missing out on. Know what? I'm all grown up now I can make big people choices, and I don't choose what you want, so sod off. Yeah, I get it.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It's not 1993, you don't have to hyphenate online any more.
author=Ratty524
author=Liberty
Also, I hate online interactions so much. I buy a game to play for myself, by myself. I hate having to go online for parts of the gameplay (at least give me the option to turn off the online parts completely so there's no mention of them!)
But... You can do that already? Just turn off the stupid PSS thing and you won't have to worry about it while playing (especially with those obnoxious pop-ups. "Do you want to have a link trade?" NO YOU'VE ASKED ME FOR THE nTH TIME!!). The only forced online interaction was with the Poke Transporter, which was indeed lame.

And wow, you guys have encountered only 2-1 horde battles!? I ran into them well over 13-20 times in my playthrough of the main game, and they contributed to my grumpiness throughout the experience. I agree that hordes encounters within itself isn't a bad idea, it's just that the devs didn't do anything to actually make it work well with Pokemon's mechanics, or at least make it so that it's fun to experience and adequately rewarded you for the effort you put into enduring them, besides cryptic game mechanics crap.

On to the rest of the complaints I had, it just always bothered me a little that Gamefreak would add a really nice and welcome feature to their games, and then take them out the next game for no other reason besides uniqueness. I especially liked the trainer customization in X&Y (even though it was kind of under-utilized), because it actually allowed me as a player to choose the identity I wanted in some aspects, and I was honestly tired of playing as the same spiky-haired white boy in every other game. I'm sure its removal won't impact the game in a huge way, but makes me question Game Freak's design methodologies.

Ah, yeah, I can understand that. I believe they're trying to keep the original feel while adding new features. Probably as a sort of experiment to see what is liked and what isn't.

And yeah, just games in general that force you to play online shit. Just... ugh. Just ugh.

Now I'm thinking the new day for Mafia is about to begin~ woo!
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
author=LockeZ
mom don't fucking pick up the phone i'm playing warcraft on-line
nhubi
author=LockeZ

I don't have to do so, I choose to do so. There are many words in English which can be hyphenated according to personal preference, and often hyphenation provides greater clarity over non-hyphenation. If you choose to only use the non-hyphenated version all power to you, but don't seek to correct me for a perfectly grammatical and acceptable version. I use them interchangeably depending on the situation, in this I was stressing annoyance and therefore accentuated the 'on' component of the term.

author=Liberty
Now I'm thinking the new day for Mafia is about to begin~ woo!

Oh, no I'm going out to spend time in the real world, how many messages will there be when I return?

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Good golly gumdrops, my spoiled scaredy-cat cat ran away again! You know, the one I took over twenty scratches to the chest, arms and cheek bringing back home roughly 3 months ago. Good idea letting him out after he's been known to let himself out, MAAAAM.
Apparently you should leave a piece of your clothing out with some water near where you think they got to. They can smell your scent and will head there when they are hungry or thirsty. Just keep checking back every now and again through the day (I recommend bringing some dry food in a hard container to shake and draw their attention).
Don't leave food out for them, though, or other animals will come and mess up the 'nest'.
Oh no! I hope that the cat comes back. My cat used to like to dart outside whenever the door opened, but she never ran away, thankfully. The one time she got out and nobody noticed, we found her just sitting on some bricks in front of the house, watching the birds... She doesn't hunt. The one time she actually caught a bird, she didn't know what to do with it, and the bird just hopped away. It didn't even fly. It hopped. XD. But I digress. I really hope the cat comes back!

author=nhubi
author=LockeZ
I don't have to do so, I choose to do so. There are many words in English which can be hyphenated according to personal preference, and often hyphenation provides greater clarity over non-hyphenation. If you choose to only use the non-hyphenated version all power to you, but don't seek to correct me for a perfectly grammatical and acceptable version. I use them interchangeably depending on the situation, in this I was stressing annoyance and therefore accentuated the 'on' component of the term.
I still say you were wrong about the spelling of petaQ, though. :P
nhubi
author=Corfaisus
Good golly gumdrops, my spoiled scaredy-cat cat ran away again! You know, the one I took over twenty scratches to the chest, arms and cheek bringing back home roughly 3 months ago. Good idea letting him out after he's been known to let himself out, MAAAAM

You had to let him out, he's obviously an outdoor cat, Liberty is right give him a familiar scent to home in on when he is hungry and he'll learn quickly to return home. After a while he won't need to associate that feeling with food, he'll just associate it with home. It takes a bit to re-domesticate an animal that has started to turn to a feral state but with attention and affection it can be done and you obviously have both.

author=AlphaOmega247
Whatever lets you sleep at night AO247, though a little food for thought, not being English it doesn't abide by the same rules.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=nhubi
author=AlphaOmega247

Whatever lets you sleep at night AO247, though a little food for thought, not being English it doesn't abide by the same rules.

True, Alpha. As a matter of fact, that's even a controversy in English. Standardized spelling isn't universal and it hasn't even been around that long, and the only reason it exists is so that the public school system can educate large amounts of people to read at once. It's a very impersonal education system that is very hit and miss since many children simply do not learn without personal instruction. Read any 15th century manuscript written by a brilliant writer and compare it to another. No two author's spelled the same. That's only a recent, and likely temporary development in language.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Corfaisus
Good golly gumdrops, my spoiled scaredy-cat cat ran away again! You know, the one I took over twenty scratches to the chest, arms and cheek bringing back home roughly 3 months ago. Good idea letting him out after he's been known to let himself out, MAAAAM.

I remember when my cat did that. He was supposedly an "indoor" cat but he'd never pass up the opportunity to go outside and escape through my backyard.

Eventually, he came back moaning for hospitality. From then on, he never wondered that far again. He was a trip. :P
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I had a turtle run away once. Don't ask.

Someone found him about a month later, during which time he'd walked about two blocks.
Haha that's cute.

My turtle has tried to runaway numerous times before. One time he went under the sofa, the other as far as my room (his basin's in the kitchen.) Sometimes it's just under the sink and I would hear a squeak when I'd accidentally stepped on him lol.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=LockeZ
I had a turtle run away once. Don't ask.

Someone found him about a month later, during which time he'd walked about two blocks.

Every turtle owner, of course, knows turtles are vegetarians. Of course, everyone who DOESN'T own turtles but sells them in petshops thinks they need protien (which causes pyramiding and all kinds of painful deformities). People also think turtles are as slow as snails.

However, on Thanksgiving, I make a special exception and give Oscar a Thanksgiving dinner with cranberry sauce (whole berry), stuffing, greenbeans, turkey...trust me, you'll see a turtle run. He goes straight for the turkey.

LockeZ, I'm guessing your little fellow dug out of his enclosure while you were doing something else?
LockeZ
Well, they are pretty stinkin' slow, 99% of the time. Also, FWIW, tortoises are vegetarians, turtles will also eat bugs.

I've lost my turtle in my backyard more times than is reasonable. The problem is that I set him down free in the yard for a while. He takes ten minutes or so to decide to poke his head out of his shell and decide it's safe, and then starts munching on clovers or something, and it takes him like... half an hour or more to finish eating, because he's so freaking slow. And then after he finishes eating it takes him another half an hour of just looking around to decide where he wants to go. And then he starts walking, very very slowly, towards a bush or something that he's decided to hide under. But by then I've checked on him like 20 times over the course of more than an hour, and he hasn't moved an inch the entire time, so my checks have started to get further apart or I've forgotten him completely. So I sometimes have to spend up to an hour checking under every plant and pile of woodchips in my yard.

The one time he got lost, it was basically that situation again, except that I guess he must have found a hole under the fence somewhere. Turtles are good diggers.
Corfaisus
Little fucker came back. We're getting him declawed.

Then he can go out in the backyard all he wants because he'll never be able to climb anything ever again.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
my turtle ran away and wasn't found. They're fast fuckers when they want to be.