WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

“And so,” he said, wrapping up, a few minutes later. This was the moment to spread the mom-and-pop stuff thick, to conjure the cinematic swell of violins with vocabulary and tone, but awkwardly placed pauses made it hard to parse Prentice’s meaning. “And so we will work hard to fulfill the promise of an Alberta.”

What?

“An Alberta that is guided by time-tested Conservative principles and a province that, to its core, believes in those principles. And understanding—and understanding that this has been, and always will be, a place.”

What?

“A place where we respect common sense, and where we value and respect and rely on the common decency of the people of this province.”

In the audience, a small child started to cry.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Sounds like a man who's deathly afraid to actually say anything.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
You learn something new everyday. I've learned that a butt was a medieval unit of measurement for wine. A butt load of wine was 475 liters or 126 gallons.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
You don't say? One could store quite a bit of junk in such a trunk.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=pianotm
You learn something new everyday. I've learned that a butt was a medieval unit of measurement for wine. A butt load of wine was 475 liters or 126 gallons.

I knew that one, what else have you got?
author=nhubi
Well, if ya just GOTTA learn something today, did you know Squirells suck their own cock to reduce the risk of STDs? And oh yes, they swallow. To reduce dehydration, of course.

You can officially put that on your list of things you never wanted to know, and now can't un-know. Your welcome.

eta: hot damn this site is just BUSTLING with activity since that English 2k3 drop. I don't think I've ever seen so many posts in such a short span of time!
nhubi
Ok, that's a new one. I'm not sure I did particularly want to know it, but hey it'll be hysterical if it ever comes up at a pub trivia night.
author=turkeyDawg
author=nhubi
Well, if ya just GOTTA learn something today, did you know Squirells suck their own cock to reduce the risk of STDs? And oh yes, they swallow. To reduce dehydration, of course.

You can officially put that on your list of things you never wanted to know, and now can't un-know. Your welcome.

eta: hot damn this site is just BUSTLING with activity since that English 2k3 drop. I don't think I've ever seen so many posts in such a short span of time!

I'd like to refer you to all the various mafia games (that cause Sailerius to wig out each time and demand Welp forum be expunged from the latest posts feed).

Squirrel facts. Joy. Thanks for that. >.<;
nhubi
I am now curious as to just how it is that male squirrels know about STD's, and what do the females do?

I really should stop pondering the sex life of squirrels, I'm not Sir David after all.
author=turkeyDawg
author=nhubi

Oddly enough that knowledge is somewhat comforting. More and more evidence that Humans are really not as different from other animals as we seem to think.

Okay, Humans can't perform autofellatio (well, MOST Humans can't anyways) but you get what I mean. About 'strange' sexual practices and masturbation and other shit like that.

Also thanks Turkeydawg for trapping me in a network of articles about weird animal sex. LOOK WHAT YOU DID
nhubi
We're primates, and like most other animals have a sexual component to our make up, some strong, some not, but in this regard we are no different. The way we are is the fact we don't respond to natural cycles in regard to our procreation. Primates (and for some reason elephant shrews) are 'on' all the time from puberty to old age, we don't go into oestrus or rut, so we just keep having children and overpopulating without regard to resource management.

Seriously David Attenborough has a lot to answer for in the way my mind retains odd animal information.

On a completely tangential note, anyone heard from Gourdy lately?
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I was kinda wondering the same thing, I haven't seen Gourd around much since McBacon Jam...
nhubi
I think the last time I saw something from him was in his forum game, but that has to be weeks ago. Is it exam season or something of that nature? Mr Suna and he share some classes, and I don't think I've seen him around lately either, perhaps it's that.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Yep, exams. A lot of people are missing.
I'm leaving japan for taiwan. Packing~
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Yeah, finals (for me at least) are in three days.

So.... what's up, everyone? How are you all doing? Talk to me!
nhubi
3 days? ...and you've been working on that, other thing, as well.

I have one word for you when this is over. Vacation.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Working on two other things as well as practicing art and mapping and other RL stuff.

author=My latest blog
What's that? A vacation? I have no clue what that word means.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Oh yea, finals! I miss school. Or at least, I miss getting summer vacation. I took a couple weeks off at Christmas but I'll probably be working all summer.

Well, good luck, everyone!

author=Red_Nova
So.... what's up, everyone? How are you all doing? Talk to me!

I've mostly been working, but I've been trying to make a little bit of progress on the boss-fighting game I mentioned a while back. Once I have a clearer direction (and some art) I want to post a game page, but I'm reeally trying not to jump the gun this time.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
How have I not had an Avatar of Woe yet!?