WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

author=Liberty
Currently thankful that, while my school was pretty lacking in information, it wasn't this fucked up when it came to sex ed: http://silversatyr.tumblr.com/post/121826326592/the-math-goddess-alexanderrutzou

Damn. That's some crazy shit. I hope none of you guys and gals had to deal with that kind of bullshit in school because it's seriously wrong.

Ah, Humans. The only animal species that's taught itself to be afraid of its natural instincts.

In my school (in Newfoundland mind you, popularly (wrongly) considered one of the hillbilly-est areas of the world) we were taught normal sex ed. Employed gross out tactics of "THIS IS WHAT AN STD LOOKS LIKE", etc. Normal, but like all the other normal courses, it's not good enough, smart enough, or in depth enough.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
They're too busy teaching you trigonometry and cellular mitosis to bother teaching you how to take care of your body or what the laws of your country are.
HoHo~
Someone else saw that video, eh? Yeah. Who needs to know their basic human rights anyway? Gotta learn about how whales reproduce after all!!!
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=Pizza
author=Liberty
Currently thankful that, while my school was pretty lacking in information, it wasn't this fucked up when it came to sex ed: http://silversatyr.tumblr.com/post/121826326592/the-math-goddess-alexanderrutzou

Damn. That's some crazy shit. I hope none of you guys and gals had to deal with that kind of bullshit in school because it's seriously wrong.
Ah, Humans. The only animal species that's taught itself to be afraid of its natural instincts.

It sounds like that person went to a Christian school, and I know this probably isn't a place to discuss my beliefs, but generally Christians believe that sex shouldn't be experienced unless it's with a person you're married to, because it's God's gift to us to share intimacy with the one we love. So in the sense of the Christian faith, such a teaching would make sense, except for the parts about sperm swimming through layers of clothing while making out. That's just scientifically wrong.

"WHEN WE WERE LITTLE SOME TEACHER TOLD US, THE GIRLS, THAT WE WERE LIKE FLOWERS, AND EVERY MAN WE HAD TOOK A PETAL WITH THEM. IF WE HAD TOO MANY WE WOULD END UP LIKE AN UGLY, WITHERED FLOWER AND NO ONE WOULD WANT US"

Even in the Christian faith I think this isn't Biblically true, so the teacher was just being an egg, because the whole reason for abstaining from premarital sex was not so that "no one would want you if you were a withered flower", it was to abstain from premarital sex because you wanted to please God, not so people would like you more.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
While I'm not fully knowledgeable about the scriptures, I think I've heard somewhere that God actually considers sex and marraige to be one and the same, as oppose to the ceremony of marriage counting for anything.

That aside, the main reason to discourage sex in schools is because of the slew of complications it actually has that the romance movies don't go into, and it's stuff that you actually need to take responsibility for. Considering a lot of teens aren't what I'd consider "responsible", they really shouldn't be having sex.

Granted, using lame scare-tactics and attaching such a stigma behind "pre-marital" sex is probably the reason these teaching methods have been looked on as a joke.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Ratty524
While I'm not fully knowledgeable about the scriptures, I think I've heard somewhere that God actually considers sex and marraige to be one and the same, as oppose to the ceremony of marriage counting for anything.
It's more like "if you can't do the ceremony then it's not a big deal, as long as in your hearts you decide you're married." But alongside that is also "God hates divorce." In protestantism you're expected to try to make it a lifelong commitment, if you can. In catholicism you're required to.

A lot of people would say that the biggest problem with all the bullshit reasons is that they also imply you are damaged goods if you're widowed, or raped. Which is definitely wrong and unfair.
At the gym and can't wait to leave. I only work out because I'm vain and like to look good lol
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Do it, Texas. Fucking do it. We'll probably never have a post-racial America, but we can at least have a post-homophobic Texas.
author=LockeZ
They're too busy teaching you trigonometry and cellular mitosis to bother teaching you how to take care of your body or what the laws of your country are.

im sure theres an important message to be found in how naturally you guys expect the system to succeed where actual parents/families are implied to have failed

your 'sex ed vs academics' idiocy aside i mean

LockeZ
Oh no. I totally expect everyone and everything to fail. It never surprises me.
author=Corfaisus
Do it, Texas. Fucking do it.We'll probably never have a post-racial America, but we can at least have a post-homophobic Texas.

Yay!
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Albariño is a lovely drop and Spain as a whole should be congratulated for growing it. It matches beautifully with Duck confit.

I've had a great night.

Also, yay Texas!
author=Yeaster
At the gym and can't wait to leave. I only work out because I'm vain and like to look good lol

Have you tried getting married? that's what helped for me.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Yeaster

Oh, yeah. Marriage, especially if it's a happy one, or any major life altering reality check, and you'll get over that real quick.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
My life revolves around the bathroom, so I've given it its own time zone. Cleaning is Tuesday, 2PM Toilet Scrubbing Time. #interestingpost
talk about a shit-disturber
That Special K's posse looks about as scary as a fluffy cloud.
Corfaisus
My clothes are uncomfortable. It's going to be a bad day.
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
"Does my entry even fit?" and "What about my Homework?!