WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=pianotm
author=Pizza
Corfaisus
Using the camera function of a tablet as opposed to a mirror while you use your electric razor to shave. #firstworldbenefits
>shaving

ISHYGDDT
You can make fun, but there are those of us that can't keep beards because they cause serious skin irritation. Unlike Corf, though, I shave with a straight razor. That's gotta count for something.

Gotta keep my lady happy, and if preventing whisker burn is the way to go about it, I'll shave.

Beards are ungainly anyway and so easy to get stuff like food stuck in.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Pizza
Liberty
@Pizza - was talking to a friend (yesterday?) about getting her to watch it because it's a great movie and she hasn't seen it before. (She also hasn't seen the Little Mermaid movie where Marina dies. MA-RIN-A, not Ariel. :/ ) Tried to convince her with mentions of boob-trees and pretty lady unicorns. She seemed interested in the boob-tree. XD
Oh god, the boob tree. That was a weird moment. Lady Almathea (Unicorn) is definitely a looker though. They did a good job creating a character that looked inherently graceful and peaceful no matter what she was doing.

Dude, what? Wait. There's a version of the Little Mermaid that A) isn't Disney-fied, and B) has boob-trees?

pianotm
Pizza
Corfaisus
Using the camera function of a tablet as opposed to a mirror while you use your electric razor to shave. #firstworldbenefits
>shaving

ISHYGDDT
You can make fun, but there are those of us that can't keep beards because they cause serious skin irritation. Unlike Corf, though, I shave with a straight razor. That's gotta count for something.
I have the opposite problem, not being able to shave because my skin is a sheet of shit that breaks, burns, and dries up into a salt flat at the slightest provocation.

I recommend shea butter. Until you can find some, you can make due with Gold Bond lotion. Seriously, you have no idea how essential lotion is til you actually start using it.

Actually, speaking of King Haggard, that was my favourite design of the whole bunch. What a great design for a villain.

The whole castle seemed designed around him. The prince stuck out like a sore thumb. One of my favorite character designs was Mommy Fortuna.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=Liberty
And there's a book which I've yet to read but hear is much better than the movie. I've been meaning to check it out.

Read it, in fact read all of Peter Beagle's work, he has an amazing tone.

@piano: the boob tree was in Last Unicorn, but yes, the original story the Little Mermaid was based on had several cartoon adaptions before Disney got it's 'happy ever after' claws into it. My favourite one was about Marina (that's the name they gave her and it always made more sense to me).

In the original story/cartoon:
- she could never walk on land without tremendous pain and her feet bleeding
- the rival princess wasn't the sea witch disguised, just a proper princess who found the prince washed up on the beach after Marina saved him
- Marina was to die on the dawn of the day after the prince's wedding to the princess
- she left the prince a scale (used it to stem the bleeding in an injury he had) and he gave her the name Marina and a pearl hair piece
- she could play the harp (and it sounded like the ocean so he gave her the name Marina to reflect that)
- the sea witch was just a witch of the sea and not an antagonist. she just existed
- Marina's sisters sold their hair to the sea witch in return for a way to save their sister
- that way was for her to stab the prince in the heart with a dagger - doing so would revert her legs to a tail and she would live
- Marina chose to die instead, leaving the scale and pearl headpiece behind (which the prince found after the fact). Especially poignant because the story told that mermaids didn't have souls so Marina didn't ascend to heaven after her death, but instead became sea foam
- no seashell bikinis

It was sad but a much better story than that of Ariel. Granted, Disney's had some kicking tunes, though.
nhubi
It's interesting that comic that you like left out the controversial ending of HCA's original tale with the redemption via the 'daughter's of the air', I prefer that tragic ending as well, the other always struck me as too steeped in the Victorian moral strictures that rewrote a lot of the old Grimm and Perrault stories.
I might be mis-remembering the end. I do remember bubbles floating on the air at the end - maybe my morbid childhood mind saw it as her not being redeemed. I'd have to watch it again. If I could find the version I'm thinking of I might just do that.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
As a kid and I think in my late teens, I don't think I ever got anything out of watching The Last Unicorn. I didn't think it was bad, but I didn't think it was great either. I might give it a second look, however.

I remember the three-boobed vulture thing and how it absolutely traumatized me to see such an abomination.
nhubi
You mean Celaeno, the Harpy? Don't worry, supposedly it was nightmare fuel to an entire generation if the AV club is to be believed.

Liberty if you do find it, and it does have redemption, don't tell me. I prefer the darker version.
I found the eternal solution to the heat I am facing. Wet towel, at all times. Staying in underwear is not enough.
nhubi
Or you could visit Iceland, because that place is cool in every sense.
I would vote for a Pirate Party. But they totally should have been called the Viking Party in Iceland.
Corf
Beards are ungainly anyway and so easy to get stuff like food stuck in.

Peanut butter sandwiches are the bane of my existence. Especially when they get all melty.

pianotm
I recommend shea butter. Until you can find some, you can make due with Gold Bond lotion. Seriously, you have no idea how essential lotion is til you actually start using it.

Oh, I have a shit load of different lotions and shit. I don't need them as much now because the Newfoundland climate is a lot better for my skin, but I recently got steroid cream for the eczema, which should help when I return to Toronto.

At first, this video really creeped me out, but now I think it might be art.
I live in one of the driest places in canada. I could crush rocks with the rhino-hide that is the skin on my heels. My elbows double as sandpaper.
Sounds like you'd be good in battle... if you'd send in your Battleborn strategy we could have battles!!!
I can't remember what I submitted for stats.
I'll PM you your information. Also, big plus for the new avatar~