WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Feldschlacht IV
author=sated
Oh, cry me a river. Nothing that's worth doing is easy.
lol

kek
Hi I'm not sure where to go to get a solution to a particular problem I recently downloaded a game from here & I'm having trouble playing it in which when I press start I get a runtime error crash I trie exploring a couple of possibilities with the games creaator but we couldn't figure out the problem It plays well for other people saparrently & so far I seem to b the only one Does sanyone have anyway to help me solve this problem please
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Sounds like probably the author didn't include the RTP, which is a package of graphics and sound shared by many RPG Maker games. So people who have installed RPG Maker or installed certain other games already have the RTP but you don't have it.

You can download the RTP for free here from the official RPG Maker website, or complain at the game's author until he includes it in the game. He really should be including the RTP if he's releasing the game publically to anyone other than other game developers.

Edit: Just saw that it's Redwall10's game. I recognize his name. You're probably better off downloading the RTP yourself instead of trying to get him to fix his game installer. It'll save you some headache.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
You need to go here.

We make RPG games based on the various RPG Maker engines. This means all of our games have related content, whether we use it or not. Now there are a select few who know how to delete that content and convince the program that it doesn't need it, but most of us either don't know, or don't bother with it because we don't want to deal with possible glitches caused by missing files. This related content is called Run Time Package (RTP), and it is a sizable chunk of the game content. Most people that play these games already have copies of the RTP, so in order to streamline the uploads, we simply don't include it.

You need to figure out which game engine your game is using (which that will be listed on the game page). Then go to the link I posted and download the proper RTP.

For future reference, questions like this go in the Help Me! forum, and this particular question has been asked quite a few times. Before asking, go through Help Me! and see if you can't find out whether your question has already been answered.
Yeah, because you have to deal with harassment, hate and people telling you your job isn't real all the time, with little to no support structure and people always putting you down about making money doing something you enjoy just because they don't see it as 'real work'. Yes, it's worth doing, and thus it's hard, but that doesn't mean she can't talk about it, you plonker. Or do you say the same about people who talk about how hard it can be to wait on others or how difficult it is to deal with customers day in and out in a retail job?

She was just answering a question someone asked - because she's open about how she deals with things and people wanted to know. Every work has its trials but hey, that's the definition of real work. Which she does. Which is the point she was trying to make. Obviously.
author=LockeZ
Sounds like probably the author didn't include the RTP, which is a package of graphics and sound shared by many RPG Maker games. So people who have installed RPG Maker or installed certain other games already have the RTP but you don't have it.

You can download the RTP for free here from the official RPG Maker website, or complain at the game's author until he includes it in the game. He really should be including the RTP if he's releasing the game publically to anyone other than other game developers.

Edit: Just saw that it's Redwall10's game. I recognize his name. You're probably better off downloading the RTP yourself instead of trying to get him to fix his game installer. It'll save you some headache.
Thnk u for the suggestions but I already explored that possibility & am still getting a runtime error message When prompted to look at the details one of the sections say faulty node: game.exe I don't know if that'll help identify where I may b doing something wrong
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Pdr313: I can basically guarantee that it's the game's author, not you, who's doing something wrong.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Actually if it's for Redwall's latest iteration then there's already been a lets play put up for it so it can be played. This may be something else.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Elena (Grandia 2)
Gotta work even harder!

...Darigaaz, I think I'll want her "smiling" avatar, if I can find it.
That I finally don't have to work Saturday but can not sleep now, I guess that is what you get after working night's for 27 fucking year's!
author=nhubi
Actually if it's for Redwall's latest iteration then there's already been a lets play put up for it so it can be played. This may be something else.
Yes I know Thats why I was trying to figure out He di try to hrlp me figure it out When I press start game A big white screen opens up wherein in the upper corner it says Microsoft visual c ++ runtime library is labele on the border The screen says runtime error then on the next line it gives the thread Programs :/C:/Users:/DSownloads:/ Game.exe Then below that It says This application requested a runtime error to terminate in an unusual way Please contact the applications support team for more information When I click on that screen The next screen says rgss has stopped working etc Checkfor solutions etc when u click on details it says APPCRASH LOcation game. exe version number Under Faulty node It says Game .exe THen it lists serial number etc When I click on check for solutions The whole thing crashes completely I dont know if anyone may b familiar with this Ive tried ownloading different variations of microsoft visual c++ & installed all of them but I still get that same crash Does anyone have any ideas please
nhubi
Pdr313 do you get that error on any other VX game?
So, first of all - thanks for all the support guys :)
And LockeZ, good job at making it fun for anyone else reading it, hehe.

Managed to get some feelings out I pushed aside for long, vented it properly, and I feel a lot lot lot better. Also realizing I had been in bad shape for quite a while, longer than I'd like to admit.

With all that resolved and out, I actually feel pretty damn good. My appetite is returning as well, so now I can drink my milk like a boss and even eat a small meal.
I am on the recovery, peeps! Give me space to breathe and I skyrocket.
nhubi
Good for you!

Now get back to reviewing, we need to clear the decks for the 2015 IGMC entries when they arrive!

Joking, dear. I am glad you're feeling better though...and I like the new avatar, though there was a cool shadow one you had for a little while I really liked too.
Hehe, thanks! I liked it too, it's still in my locker. A quick scrap I made in 5 minutes or less, I actually made a couple of them.
But I thought a little bit more color would be better right now. Not to mention, dragons. You can never have too many dragons. I had a lot of fun drawing it up and I love the result, too!

Even with the joke, I still got a couple of them pending ;) Plus an article.
author=nhubi
no I can play the other vxace games well I used to have crash problems with some older games but I finally figured that problem is that I had a different version of thre 95 rtp I located other versions of that rtp & got itt to woork So I was wondering if this could possibly b something similar
nhubi
We'll chip away at that 40% unreviewed yet! I've got a couple and the one I'm currently writing, it's actually got me scratching my head a little. I can't decide if it's intentionally tongue in cheek or is actually trying to be funny and failing. Hopefully I'll know by the time I get to the end.

Though I think I'll turn in, it's 3am and Morpheus is calling.
nhubi
author=Pdr313
author=nhubi
no I can play the other vxace games well I used to have crash problems with some older games but I finally figured that problem is that I had a different version of thre 95 rtp I located other versions of that rtp & got itt to woork So I was wondering if this could possibly b something similar

Redwall's latest isn't VX Ace it's VX. Make sure you've got that rtp, they are different.
We will!
Sounds like a good idea, go get that well-deserved rest :)

author=nhubi
author=Pdr313
author=nhubi
Redwall's latest isn't VX Ace it's VX. Make sure you've got that rtp, they are different.
I have I believe all of the rtps in my computer Just to play safe I went to the download page & reinstalled all of the rtps there Then I tried running the game again & I'm getting the same What's unusual salso is I tried his other game & it runs fine Just that one game I'm pretty stumped