WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

My first article is online \ o /
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Nicky Hilton's Wedding Veil Gets Run Over by a Bentley
Nicky's wedding dress — reported to be worth $77,000

I think they might actually be complaining that all three playable characters are guys? I don't know much about this game, but it looks like Four Swords where Link's cloned himself again, so the complaint does seem a bit odd. Also

And to be honest, Link isn't the most masculine of guys in the world, depending on how you want to project yourself into the character.

lel
Though that comment is kinda out of place given that this is kid Link we're talking about here. I mean, how masculine can a 11-year-old (or whatever he is in this game) be?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I think the ability to change his hat would be more appreciated.
To be fair, they could have given you the choice to play as Zelda too. You know, one of the reasons I don't bother with Zelda games anymore is that I've grown to hate Link as a character. :shrug: It's a legit complaint.
I don't know the storyline of Triforce Heroes but playing as Zelda would most likely mess with the plot. Zelda has been playable in Smash and Hyrule warriors and is shown to be very capable in battle.

If we're talking about female link... Linkle anyone?

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/2014/09/01/koei-tecmo-wonders-if-linkle-should-have-been-written-into-hyrule-warriors/
Female Link would be a cool move. I'm all for it (other introducing other "ideas" to Zelda.

Of course, this is Nintendo we're talking about. They aren't very smart lately so a female link will never happen.
author=Sated
You've grown to hate a silent protagonist..?

Yeah, pretty much. Never thought it was possible til it happened but he's always just... boring. Green and the same and just ugh. I'd rather play as Tingle.

/me shoots self
Yeah, I don't want Link to be made female suddenly. That'd be stupid. But a female character to choose to play as instead would be nice.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
I've been saying since forever that a game based on the adventures of Link's Mom when she was just a teen, acting as a prequel to OOT, would finally bring us a Zelda game with a female protagonist without breaking formula too much. And she could even have a personality! Since we'd only see her for one game.

Plus it would allow creativity for virtually any scenario. She was alive during a civil war. What is her eventual husband up to? Does he fight in the war? Do we get to play as him? Maybe there could be a cool mechanic where we play a dungeon with the two of them like in Wind Waker. Is there a younger (but not the final boss) Ganon? Is there some kind of shadow cult that started the war to make something bad happen? Are there lands other than Hyrule? Does Link's Mom even like kids? Is she popular with the other teens in her village? Is she good with a bow? Maybe she likes riding horses? Maybe she hates horses? Do the young couple have a date at the fishing hole? Was Link conceived at the fishing hole?! Did the civil war get started because two Zeldas have been born, and there's a dispute to claim the throne?

Best part is, the game wouldn't tell you that it's Link's Mom. Or that it's a prequel. You find that out at the end.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You are an indie game designer on a forum filled with such fan games. YOU CAN MAKE THAT GAME
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=Sated
I don't think that characters who are already established to be male/female should be changed to the other gender. Seems cheap to me. Write a new character instead!

That's exactly how I feel about The Doctor.
The Doctor is always changing - it's part of his design to change, in fact, it's part of his story to do so. When he dies he becomes a whole different person so it would make sense to have him become female at least once.

That said, thinking about it, Link is usually a descendant of previous Links so I don't see why there can't be a female Link. I hadn't considered that before but now that I do, it's really weird that only the male descendants get their adventure on and not the female descendants. Actually, that's pretty bullshit.

I found this pretty interesting:

Some facts I didn't already know. Pretty cool. Especially likening the battles to sports.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
That's what we've got Romana for, and to show that in comparison to a Time Lady, The Doctor is a little bit thick. It's one of the things I liked about TL society.

In regard to Link, you're right though, given it's a generational thing not the tale of a single individual there is no reason a daughter of the house couldn't take on the adventurer mantle.
LockeZ
They're all really the same character though. The games can come up with whatever bullshit crazy timeline and reincarnation nonsense they want, but all of that is just an excuse to keep having the same characters and the same basic adventure over and over.
And we get to keep part of our joy and our expectations, so it's a win win.

I do like my link and I can contribute all kinds of cool things to him.
Except Toon Link, I want to see that one dead.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
But Link, if I remember right, didn't have a character. The devs really just intended him as an avatar, a character that players could see themselves assuming the role of, and really, Link never really has had a character except for the aforementioned cartoon. Then again, the most recent LOZ games I've played are the N64 OoT and MM, so maybe that's changed, but Link has never had lines, a voice, or even really an identity. In fact, in my honest opinion, if the game didn't at least tell you it was male, you could just as easily see the sprite as female.

So why not a female Link?

@nhubi I'm afraid you and I are in the minority for those who stand up against a gender swapping Doctor. The Moff has been harping on about a female Doctor, saying things like, "It's inevitable, get used to it" and "It has to happen sooner or later." Let's hope Capaldi's still the Doctor when Moffat stops being the show runner. On the plus side, though, he might be bringing Susan back.