WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Nintendo in general isn't too strong on female leads. They got Samus, which is like one of the coolest characters ever.
On the other hand Link is probly the most feminine character and a She-link would totally fit the game (she should look like combination of Bayonetta in Link's costume and She-Hulk).
I never saw link really as a character, either. I love silent protagonists for what they do and how they make it a window to see the world.
Even more so in games with lots of characters, having one less is no loss - but the gain is huge.

and most feminine character ..? Just a standard bishounen. Pretty boy and all.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If you want to play as a female character in a Zelda game, try Hyrule Warriors. The playable roster consists of every major character in Zelda history, and is like 98% female. I never realized how few Zelda characters were male. It's basically just Link, Ganon and Tingle drowning in a sea of pussy.

It occurs to me that in Link to the Past (and possibly other games), Link's gender is completely unspecified. Everyone refers to Link exclusively in the second person, because there are no cut scenes. Even the instruction manual of LttP exclusively refers to Link as "you" and never "he."

Of course, Link was referred to as male in Zelda 1's manual. And until Wind Waker, there was no reason to think the games weren't all starring the same Link. But still.

Anyway I identify as hugh laurie and want a hugh laurie main character in the new zelda game. natendo plz
unity
You're magical to me.
author=LockeZ
Anyway I identify as hugh laurie and want a hugh laurie main character in the new zelda game. natendo plz

He needs to be voice-acted by Hugh Laurie, too. Even if it's just him grunting and shouting.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
I identify as a genderfluid wolfkin. Why am I not getting the respect my kind deserves? Twilight Princess insulted my identity by not making Link a natural wolfkin. I will boycott all of Nintendo's products until I get a handwritten letter of apology from the CEO.

Donate to my Paypal account.

EDIT: By the way, has anyone seen the leaked Suicide Squad trailer? I wasn't too thrilled with Jared Leto's Joker when I saw the design, but when I saw the trailer... He was actually pretty intimidating. My interest in the movie has gone from 0% to about 50%

Check it out if you haven't.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Link and Zelda the reincarnations of the Hero of legend (or something like that), and a Goddess? I mean, it makes sense for them to be reincarnated into their same gender each time (At least as much sense as the alternative). You could say that's too conventional maybe, but "bullshit"? If that's the creative vision of the developers, it oughts to be respected, I think... People are way too vocal about this stuff nowadays. And they have every right to voice their concerns, of course. But at the same time they should understand that nobody owes them games/shows/whatever. =|
No, not incarnations of (except a couple of games, I think?) but descendants of (and there's this whole separate parallel timelines thing going on too), which means that yes, it is kinda bullshit that only the males of the Hero's line are the ones fighting. It's also bullshit that only the Princess is the one who needs to be saved. Why not male Link-descendant-x saving the Prince? Why not female Link-descendant-x saving the Princess? Why always the Princess being in trouble and having to rely on Link (who is almost always referred to as male, or at least indicated as such in any media about the games) to save her? You'd think there would have been at least one Prince in trouble, one daughter of the Link line who was a hero.

There not being one, in all iterations of the game series is, in a word, bullshit. Do what you want with your game but people have the right to call you out on bullshit and express a desire to see change. Which is what we're doing. Expressing a desire to see something different from "Link. You are brave, strong boy. Save the girl. Again."
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Yea, there's not really a reason for Link always being a dude except for "that's how it's always been" which is a pretty lazy excuse. The series has already had some clever and cool parts with Zelda being super cool and adventurous - Sheik and Tetra - so they could easily sneak a lady Link in there, if they wanted to. I imagine there would be a small subset of people who be upset that they were "breaking tradition" and "pandering to women". Still, I mean, Nintendo is the kind of company with the rep, power, and sway to set trends, not just follow them.

Anyway, no reason they couldn't cater to everyone fairly with Link actually being a pair of blonde twins! But it would be pretty cool if they had a game with Link as a girl instead of a boy. It's not like it would change how the game played, anyway, and I think it'd be fair to force guys to play as a girl for once :P and Link does already have a pretty androgynous style.
Would be cool, yep.
And nice to see that fact, LockeZ.

And awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww .. a hot bath .. there's nothing like it. I am in heaven now.
Re: Female Link

I think the main reason to do it would be that, well, Link is barely a character, so it's pretty simple. He has a personality (which would work easily as well with a girl), but outside of that he's just an avatar for the player and lately, a bit of a plot device for the story. It's not like changing Nathan Drake to a girl or making a male Samus Aran or something.

Basically I just want to see Nintendo take some more "drastic" or unexpected moves with some of their series. They seem to be swaying in that direction lately, and I think that it's a good way to bring some new interest and ideas to their IPs.

I mean, I'm not gonna get butthurt if Link stays male forever, but I think it would be cool if they mixed some of the series stereotypes up a bit.
:sigh:

Seems I have to keep away from the screenshot thread for this month since a lot of IGMC game images are being showcased there. Added to a list of things not to check.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Liberty
:sigh:

Seems I have to keep away from the screenshot thread for this month since a lot of IGMC game images are being showcased there. Added to a list of things not to check.

Even I'm on the wagon.
>.<;

That aside, good god, some of these matches in the Battleborn battles are so close and crazy! You guys are gonna enjoy what I have cooked up. Just gotta finalise the number crunching, finish the write ups and do the 'thing' I have planned. XD

But damn, some of these are super shocking.
I feel like "expressing a desire to see change" and calling "bullshit" on something, are very different things. There's a myriad of ways in which we could call "bullshit" on Zelda games, so why stop at gender? Why is Link white? Why are the games so Euro-centric, blah, blah, blah. (And how many of these things also apply to anyone's games here? Can we call bullshit on those too?) I don't know, that just doesn't seem fair, or productive... Wanting to see change is fine. Who doesn't want to see change somewhere? But we ought to remember that not everybody is nearly as invested about those changes as we are. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Ftr, I'm not against a playable Zelda, or even a female Link. Just that some of the ideas expressed here are not the way to go about it.
Sometimes I think about weighing in on a topic, but if I wait long enough AE comes in and says something close to what I would say :P Guess that makes me a wet blanket, too.
There's a spambot in the General Discussion thread who talks about baseball...
Liberty! What does the scouter say about his power level?
I already did that joke~ ;p

Got him!
Well, your maker score is close to the power level Vegeta had at this point (~15000), so it felt appropriate.