WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Why is Microsoft's DirectSound documentation so abysmally bad?
I'm thinking both "Humans are a bunch of pigs swimming in their own shit" and "Man, I should probably just lay off reading the news for a while" simultaneously. The reasons shouldn't be surprising.
most of my best friends are humans
Mine too!

On another, potentially lighter note, it's sad to see Snap Lake's Diamond Mine and all these other Alberta sites closing down lately. My Dad helped build a lot of those places, and they've provided basically everything for my family over the last 14 years. Hopefully he can hold on to work somewhere in the country for the last few years he has left before retirement.

Also sad to see people trying to shift the entirety of the blame for closure onto environmentalism, but hey, the "pigs" thing holds up in this case.
I don't think anyone can really pretend environmentalists have that kind of sway when most of the province is coal or gas-powered, but maybe the secret environmentalist cabal is just really selective about its targets
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=mawk
most of my best friends are humans

Most of my friends are cats nowadays.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Sated
author=Pizza
I'm thinking both "Humans are a bunch of pigs swimming in their own shit" and "Man, I should probably just lay off reading the news for a while" simultaneously. The reasons shouldn't be surprising.
Unfortunately, the small, innumerous joys that make life worth living usually aren't that interesting or news-worthy. People are more interesting in knowing what is going wrong because that will have a perceived greater effect on them, I guess?

Speak of the Devil.
author=Sated
author=Pizza
Unfortunately, the small, innumerous joys that make life worth living usually aren't that interesting or news-worthy. People are more interesting in knowing what is going wrong because that will have a perceived greater effect on them, I guess?

News corporations are more interested in spreading the bad news and exaggerating the negatives/making negative speculations because the world is driven by making people miserable and then trying to sell them products that will "make it all better". That and the fact that the more negative a headline is, the more clicks your site will get. Especially if the headline includes something fucking preposterous like "Russia ready for NUCLEAR WAR with NATO" or "MUSLIM terrorists vow REVENGE" or some fucking bullshit.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm thinking that, sometime after Konae's Investigations is done-done, I should play some RM games! Like, I know IGMC 2015 happened, but, I am totally unaware of what games came out of it, and what-not.

A review-thread was briefly considered as well. I dunno. I think I need to change how I do them, at any rate.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Pizza
Sated
Pizza
News corporations are more interested in spreading the bad news and exaggerating the negatives/making negative speculations because the world is driven by making people miserable and then trying to sell them products that will "make it all better". That and the fact that the more negative a headline is, the more clicks your site will get. Especially if the headline includes something fucking preposterous like "Russia ready for NUCLEAR WAR with NATO" or "MUSLIM terrorists vow REVENGE" or some fucking bullshit.

Smh

If it bleeds, it leads. Putin's not a maniac, but making him look like one will sell papers. That's entirely why we on this side of the planet hate him, right now: because clicks, views, and paper sales.
Corfaisus
This is snow time for parking lots.
See, I knew there was a reason I stopped watching television!

We had an argument over where to put the Christmas tree last night. Mum wants it in one spot, but to put it there we have to move the microwave and the table it's on. She then wanted it on the kitchen table instead. Then got huffy about not having it in the one room in which it would fit comfortably because then it would require an extension cord to have the lights work. >.<;

Ended up putting it in the first spot and moving the microwave to the kitchen sideboard - which she complained about since it took up room there... even though it's going to be there just for Christmas. She wanted to get rid of the microwave altogether - which led to many complaints from the people who actually use the damn thing (like myself and my brothers).

So, Christmas complaints have started already. Also, the candy canes she bought taste like toothpaste - overpowering peppermint. ;.;
Yakuza Zero is getting localized to English! Finally there's an actual reason to look into getting a PS4. Also walkin', talkin', driving a cab Like a Dragon this Tuesday. I'm super fucking stoked for it.