WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Vacation Into Terror: A Mirak Mystery
author=turkeyDawg
e: Liberty what's with your avatar? Is that the look the remake is going for? I'd buy it.

No offense to char who made this awesome avatar for me for a Secret Santa gift, but I would not want the remake to look like this. I am 100% looking forward to next gen graphics for the remake - I want to see some Fallout 4/Tomb Raider/AC: Syndicate level design going on.

The pre-rendered backgrounds in the original were so pretty, I want to see them brought to life. Anything less would be stupid, imo. I'm not a big graphic person, but I fell in love with that world and I want to see it realistic-ish, goddamnit.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Mirak
I'm just about done with this terrible vacation.

I wish I could afford a vacation.

I don't understand why anyone would take offence at the taglines on the site. Some guy just PM'd me saying they piss him off for some reason.

If that's all it takes to piss them off, I don't think they'll last around here too long. Especially since they sum up some of the tone that is part of the experience of posting here. Most of them were made by people just shooting the shit back and forth, after all.

Hell, a whole bunch were made by kentona, so...
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
If two vegans are arguing, do they have a beef with each other?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.

Mirak, I hope you feel better by listening to this song about someone else's lousy trip.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
mawk
how's rent on a pale blue dot

i suggest you stay on the moon

also wow link idk what happened to you i thought you were chill

liberty: i mean some of the taglines are REALLY weird and kinda offputting. i dunno if there's a way to do this, but maybe wait to show some of them until the user has been a member for 30 days or something?

Red_Nova
If two vegans are arguing, do they have a beef with each other?

i'm gonna have to try this one at work. most of my students think i'm vegan (i'm not, although i am waaay closer to vegetarian than most people), something that my boss continues to propogate because we both find it inexplicably hilarious? idk kids are fun to mess with. one of them thought i had a radioactive beard for months because it turns red in summer (i'm dirty blonde)
author=Liberty
I don't understand why anyone would take offence at the taglines on the site. Some guy just PM'd me saying they piss him off for some reason.

If that's all it takes to piss them off, I don't think they'll last around here too long. Especially since they sum up some of the tone that is part of the experience of posting here. Most of them were made by people just shooting the shit back and forth, after all.

Hell, a whole bunch were made by kentona, so...

our taglines aren't that bad. Besides, one look in the forums and you'll find something worse :/
The person didn't say it was off-putting, though - but that it pissed them off (their words, not mine). Like... why? They're not aimed at you (this comment - the 'they piss me off' one - was made after I explained that they were jokes and not aimed at anyone, that they were just a bit of silliness from stuff people have said that was pithy, funny or just weird.)

It's not like they stand out much - you kinda just gloss over them most of the time. And they don't call people out or anything like that.

That said, this is the second time during my time as a mod (not manager, mod) that someone has had issue (and the last time was over one particular one, not the whole lot in general) so I'd say we're fine as it is.

It just seemed really weird that they got so angry about them after their purpose had been explained and not before, when they didn't know what they were and were more likely to take some kind of offence (if any). XD
People will take offence to anything.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
How did I know you'd say that?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I can sort of understand someone being legitimately offended by the implications of "this site is filled with pompous, incompetent jerks who make crummy games." I mean, I might be, if I didn't understand what humor was.

But it doesn't actually sound like he's offended, just pissed off. I can respect that. "Pissed off" is basically my personality. It's not like anyone really needs a good reason to be pissed off, sometimes the pissiness is its own reward.
author=Corfaisus

I guess you know what my opinion on people being offended by non-offensive things is.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
SnowOwl
Corfaisus
I guess you know what my opinion on people being offended by non-offensive things is.

don't start that here
'maybe I should piss into the wind about this subject for the third time this week, it seemed to work out great for the other people'
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I understand why someone new or a stiff outsider wouldn't like some taglines, it makes us look unprofessional? (lol, we are but)
Until hopefully they realize how badass RMN and gamepages are. They are missing out if that bothers them.

Some people will be offended because some of the taglines probably apply to them and it hits home
I rarely look at the taglines, but I can understand how coming off as too self-referential could turn people away, or make the community look a little bit tough to get into.
Quite frankly, I always liked taglines on forum sites. They show that the site isn't afraid to make fun of itself or the people in the forums, pointing out their silliness. If that gets you pissed... well, I don't think RMN is a good fit because there's gonna be a lot more where they came from. XD

It'd be a bit different if, like, he pointed out one or two in particular that rubbed him the wrong way, but just the whole lot in general? :shakes head: