WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I'm thinking about the City of the Ancients. Dammit... I knew the end of part 1 was coming, and it still hit me like a truck because I've never actually played FFVII until now.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
When i first came here i thought most of the taglines were funny or fine but there were a couple that made me feel like i shouldn't even bother making games because they'd be seen as shit anyway. Like if people here had unreasonable high standards or something. But i quickly realized i was wrong.
replace the taglines with autoplaying chiptunes imo
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Mirak
When i first came here i thought most of the taglines were funny or fine but there were a couple that made me feel like i shouldn't even bother making games because they'd be seen as shit anyway. Like if people here had unreasonable high standards or something. But i quickly realized i was wrong.

Which ones, can I ask? Do you remember?

Like I can maybe see someone getting the wrong first impression if they visit the site as a new developer and the very first tagline they get is "This site is not a game dump. Sorry."

But that's the only "off-putting" one I can think of, and it's outnumbered fifty to one by gems like "Yes, we have over 20,000 games. Some of them are even playable."
author=Sated
Apparently Lemmy from Motorhead has just died. RIP.

What!?
author=Jeroen_Sol
I'm thinking about the City of the Ancients. Dammit... I knew the end of part 1 was coming, and it still hit me like a truck because I've never actually played FFVII until now.

Yeah, I was watching someone play FF7 blind and they knew that Aeris died at some point - I mean, everyone knows that - BUT they had no idea it was so soon into the plot so it really caught them off-guard. They'd expected it to happen near the end of the game, and they certainly didn't expect how the scene went down, either.

Just goes to show that just because you know a spoiler, even a big one, that doesn't mean you know how it plays out and can still be emotionally effected by it. Putting her death near the start of the game really offset the fact of spoilers, if you think about it. A pretty good design choice - long enough in that you've gotten to know her and build her up a bit, but not where you'd expect someone to die.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
author=LockeZ
Which ones, can I ask? Do you remember?
No i don't, sorry.

author=Liberty
A pretty good design choice - long enough in that you've gotten to know her and build her up a bit, but not where you'd expect someone to die.
What i liked about that is that they at least waited for the gold saucer to happen so that you could opt for choosing her over the other girls on the date and build up what new players might think is the game-long love interest sidequest.
I always forget there's a whole romance system in FF7... I kind of just go with the flow and wind up with Aeris, even though I'd choose Barrett over the three mobodies you get any day of the week.

Speaking of which, I hope they not only keep that in, but ket you do the play with Barrett too. "You two aren't a couple!" Always seemed like a hugd jip to me instead of what would be a fucking hilarious play scene. Hell, let us do it with ANY of the party members.

Also, I watched Fury Road tonight for the first time, finally. It not only met all the hype, but completely exceeded it. It's one of the best movies I've seen in a LONG time, and frankly, it might just be up on my top 10 favourites of all time.

So it was a good night.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Alichains
Kind of hard to believe. RIP.

You win some, you lose some. I was literally singing that song last night. RIP.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i want to date cid
I want blood!
author=Craze
i want to date cid tseng sephiroth rufus don corneo everyone

(don corneo was a joke. I don't think anyone ever wants to date that guy)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I would totally date Don Corneo. Don't judge me!!!

Other characters I would like Cloud to be able to go on a date with in the Gold Saucer:
  • Cait Sith
  • Aeris's Mom
  • Zack's Ghost
  • Jenova
  • The dolphin in Lower Junon
  • Choco/Mog
  • Marlene
  • Guard Scorpion
  • Cloud's Id
  • Balthier
I would love it if you had the chance to take Marlene on a 'date' with Barret and they could just be daughter/father bonding time (then Dyne pops his head in and that shit goes down).

I always thought it a bit of a shame that Marlene and Aerith's mother just got stuck sitting around doing jack shit story-wise. Why couldn't you at least visit them and have little scenes between Barret and Marlene and have them take the both of them on an airship ride and let Aerith's mum visit the place where she was buried and....
author=mawk

I can't look at him the same way again after what I saw on youtube.
LockeZ
Liberty, do you really want Aerith's mom's house to be the Kame House from Dragon Ball Z