WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

C'mon Ratty, BREAK THE DAMAGE LIMIT!!!!
You know that feeling when a song really got you pumped up when you were young, but then you hear it again as an adult and it sounds really sluggish? And then you speed it up and you're like: "Yeah, that's the stuff!" even though the singers now sound like chipmunks? ...I wonder why that is. And I wonder how that perception may change again as you grow old.

o_o
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
That has to do with the change of our perception of time as we grow old.
I think in particular about "Down with the Sickness". I remember when it sounded like the hardest of the hard core. And now it's almost laughable that I ever thought that.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Except the change of our perception of time as we grow old makes things seem quicker, not slower.
I used to like Papa Roach...and now I just can't. (what was I thinking!?)
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
You weren't thinking: You were 12.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Yellow Magic
You weren't thinking: You were 12.

lmao

ZING!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Today's been a hell of a day. It starts with us having to make the hard decision to put our still-very-much-young-and-lively cat Oreo to sleep due to not being able to care for him physically or financially and ends with the good news that it won't be necessary as he'll be getting the expensive care he needs (surgery) and he'll be an office pet instead (or at least I'm pretty sure that's going to be the case; maybe he'll be adopted into a rich family and be pampered like royalty (that'd be sweet)), but the big take away from this is: he's alive. He doesn't have to die.

We're gonna miss having him around here, but we're relieved he's going to have a happier and longer life yet. I personally don't have any good pictures of him, but here's one of his breed from the internet.

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
FlyingJester
I think in particular about "Down with the Sickness". I remember when it sounded like the hardest of the hard core. And now it's almost laughable that I ever thought that.

I'm just sitting over here, by myself, listening to Judas Priest's Painkiller...

Kaliesto
I used to like Papa Roach...and now I just can't. (what was I thinking!?)

I didn't know people were capable of liking him. I thought he was one of those terrible musicians who people are afraid to say they hate because he sounds "artsy".

@Corf. Aww...he's beautiful.

Second Edit: Oh! It's not a picture of him. Still, he's probably beautiful. All cats are.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Between Angels and Insects is still pretty good.

But if you want something hard, try Angel of Death by Slayer.

EDIT: I'm bored.

TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
I never thought I could be in a love/hate relationship with a programming language, but Swift (iOS/OS X) is currently doing that much to me

I'm fairly certain all of my classes towards my major are weed-out classes this semester; Computer Architecture straight up seems to not give a shit (it's to the point we rely on a/the TA(s) to give us an actual decent review before a test)

I also never thought someone would be able to smash my trust and have me despise them, but that was a thing to happen

This site still exists and that pleases me =3=
Swift is odd. I for one do not care much about it, since it does not offer much that was not available before, and I do not much care about developing for iOS in particular. It reminds me a lot of Ruby, Python, and JavaScript. While it is compiled, I'm not sure how much that really adds. I am already quite comfortable with C and somewhat with Objective-C, so the performance benefits are of dubious value to me.

Really sadly, OS X doesn't have much of a future, so even in that regard Swift doesn't matter much to me. It's not that it's bad, I just don't care.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
NUUUUUUUUUUUU I didn't know posting blogs gave you MS! Now my amazing MS is ruined. ;________;
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
On the plus side you're now part of the +10k ms group.
Corfaisus
and thus i became a bus/bike person once more.
on a bus you don't need to pay attention to the road. which is nice actually.
one day our cars will drive us for us...
and then i can forever be a bus person.

ie. sleep/other activity or look out window...

she pasted away on Wednesday. in a lot of ways i feel relived.
i feel that she found peace.
i try to get my head wrapped around it, but i cant. but im fine

i've read that it's common for people to be 'stubborn' when they have glioblastoma.
my grandpa had both his wife and his daughter die to this exact illness.
will it show up again o-o

my sister was there when it happened. she said she left the room as some doctors were having a look at her. she then supposedly had a seizure a few min later.
my sister said.

"i wasn't sure if she was alive or dead when i saw her. her eyes were open and her face was moving a bit."

it seems my sister was relived too. the hospital could no longer do anything for her.
she wanted to go back home though, and not a care home.
and no one in my family was going to tell her no.
this would have been very very complicated in her condition.

with all this in mind. i wonder what the doctors were doing.
most likely not euthanasia and that's just when it happened.
i just wonder if doctors do euthanise people in certain situations...
"lets just give her some of this to make her sleep"
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I'm sorry for your loss, fearful.
I just wasted two hours trying to fight a nemesis guy in Grim Dawn. I feel like I picked the wrong class for ultimate difficulty. Even with maximum resistances and high damage output, ugh. The only spell that's dangerous is the one you can't dodge, and the rest comes down to luck.
I tried. I tried. It was impossible for me.

.. *sigh* Gearing up in order to maybe gear up more sounds no fun.
I'd like my two hours back.

.. welp, great timing to whine about stuff like that.
Sorry to hear that fearful. *hugs*