WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
a e s t h e t i c - 1:20am

author=kentona
What font is the '2' in this logo? Or a similar free font to this?
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=alterego
http://www.dafont.com/glitter-font.font?text=2:D

You know with some photo editing, you could get that "2" to look just the way you want it.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
It looks like Bauhaus to me. A classic seen in older MS Office packs.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Bauhaus 93, to be specific.

Great sleuthing, everyone
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i've been busy as fuck
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I seriously don't understand when people share graphics they made for their own game. Like if someone makes an rpg maker 2003 game with 100% custom resources and then share them like??????? Why would you share something you made to use in your game it completely defeats the purpose of using custom tiles >.>
Because they like being nice and allowing people to use their stuff? Nothing wrong with that.
Frogge
It is indeed a nice act, but to give away something you made for your own game is a little weird >.> I would understand if they made the resources with the thought of sharing it beforehand and not entirely for their game- ok you know what the more I talk about this the more I start to convince myself that giving away resources you made for your game is not bad
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
IMO, if you don't share resources you make, it defeats the purpose of making them. The purpose of making them is because you think they'll improve one or more games. The more games are improved by them, the better. Whether the games that get improved are yours or someone else's is completely irrelevant.
Frogge
author=LockeZ
IMO, if you don't share resources you make, it defeats the purpose of making them

Actually, why would it? Imagine some game you are working on and you make your own graphics for it but don't share those graphics online. It still has a purpose, it's there to make your own game look good and stand out >.> If you share those online and they start getting used a lot in others' games then it wouldn't feel unique to just your own game.
It's not about that for some people - as long as their project is the first to use those graphics that's all that matters. Besides, if it's not a commercial project, it doesn't really matter as long as everyone knows the graphics are yours initially, correct?

I mean, take your mapping thread for example - even though the creators of those graphics shared them, everyone knows who they belong to. They don't think that they're yours, after all, so it's not doing any harm to the 'name' of the graphics to be used by other people.

Another example - JoSeraph's faces and resources are in a style that you can tell straight away that they're his, but they're still a shared resource. If he feels happy to share them, then that's fine. It's all about the style and name attached to them. That's all that really matters. And for the most part people are good about citing their resources in credits and recognising the styles of different artists in the community.
Frogge
You do have a point. I've been trying to avoid mentioning Joseph as I do not want to call out any names, and I absolutely love his art. But I've been trying to avoid using it if he was planning to use it for his own games. I don't know really, that's just my opinion on the whole case. I don't exactly understand why people would so freely want to give away resources they made for their own games, but I respect when they do or some one else uses that in their game, I just try to avoid using them as much as possible >.<
Honestly? As someone who has given resources away, they were often ones I had no attachment to or felt weren't a big deal to hoard. Some I don't give out for use because I'm fond of them, but for the most part if it helps someone else get more out of their game, good.

Besides, there's a feeling of accomplishment when you see your stuff used in a game. Like "Wow, people actually like my work and are using it? Aw, geez!" >///<

For an artist of any kind, seeing your work used in the way you intended for it to be (as long as it's work you've given permission for others to use, of course) is a huge boost to the morale and fires you up more about doing more.

Take it as they don't mind sharing that stuff because they're wanting to see it used and don't care that they're not the ones exclusively using it, BUT that they probably kept some stuff back that they are wanting to use just for themselves.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I've got a question - If I draw fanart of Mario, can I sell it, legally?

From what I know about copyright law, the answer seems to be no - but that doesn't seem to stop literally everyone - so I'm confused.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
author=Hexatona
I've got a question - If I draw fanart of Mario, can I sell it, legally?

From what I know about copyright law, the answer seems to be no - but that doesn't seem to stop literally everyone - so I'm confused.

I went to a panel last year where a couple of attorneys were explaining why a lot of people are getting away with copyright infringement. Essentially, the argument boils down to: yes, you are in the wrong, but it just isn't worth the company's time to come after you. The costs of taking these cases to court are way, way higher than the benefits.

Did you know that even cosplay is copyright infringement? That's how strict the laws are. But companies don't go after cosplayers because all they're doing is expressing their love for the works, and they're not undercutting sales of the products. Quite the opposite, in fact.

No, you can't sell it legally, but it hasn't stopped people because there are simply too many small instances for companies to really care about. It'd be like trying to keep track of how many times you breathed. Eventually, you just don't bother anymore.

If your Mario fan art sales get big enough to the point where you become a blip on Nintendo's radar, then they can come after you, and there's nothing you can do. It just boils down to the fact that there are so many small cases of people selling their fanart that most companies just don't bother and accept the free advertising.

Your Mario fan art most likely isn't going to stop a person from buying a Mario game.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Frogge
It still has a purpose, it's there to make your own game look good and stand out.

This is pure selfishness IMO. Your own game isn't any more important than anyone else's. By hoarding the game-making tools to yourself, you are making gaming as a whole worse, just for the sake of boosting your own ego and renown.

I'm on record as being one of RMN's most vocal people in the "game making is the fucking human instrumentality project" camp; your mileage may vary. I don't encourage anyone to steal resources without permission, but I'll argue to my last breath trying to convince people to give that permission.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Awesome - thanks for that, Red!

That totally makes sense.