WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Hexatona
You cannot tell me with a straight face that these books are not literally aping the formula outlined by Twilight.

Twilight wasn't anywhere near the first one to do this, however.

Haven't you ever seen a romantic comedy? While not "a picture perfect life", My Big Fat Greek Wedding has "handsome male stranger" written all over it. Hell, it even originated in Canada, so you really have no excuse.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
These are not romantic comedy books - they're all books about waifs (who sometimes start with weird powers or not) who go through a life changing experience when some random hunk saves them from a thing, with his own weird mysterious powers, and then stuff happens.

You can only see so many random hunks with mysterious powers and not get frustrated at the lack of creativity.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
I would argue nowdays, specially lately, there's lack of creativity in everything: music, books, movies, series, videogames, etc.

~90% are following a tested formula to sell as much as possible, independently of content quality.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Hexatona
These are not romantic comedy books - they're all books about waifs (who sometimes start with weird powers or not) who go through a life changing experience when some random hunk saves them from a thing, with his own weird mysterious powers, and then stuff happens.

You can only see so many random hunks with mysterious powers and not get frustrated at the lack of creativity.

You're stating your disapproval of this trope among a sea of RPG Maker enthusiasts. Not to mention, reinforcing your stance by limiting it to books (of which I'm not even positive "romantic comedy" can apply) when movies are moreless books in motion - just as some video games are visual novels - seems silly.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=LockeZ
Sharing your graphics fulfills the purpose of the graphics; their purpose is to allow art to be created.

How did you decide that was the purpose in the first place? Sure, that applies to resources. However the purpose of making graphics for your games is to make them stand out or give them your unique own look.
Another example, imagine a game where you design your character. People can upload custom character parts and make their own. You can use other people's character parts, but you don't have to share YOURS. Because you created that for your OWN character to make it stand out, not for others to use it.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=GreatRedSpirit

PFFFFFTTT HAHAHA, nice.
That's the thing Frogge - intention and decision. If someone makes stuff for their game and decide to let others use it, that's their choice. They feel okay doing that.

It's like someone making a pack of character parts that they used in this theoretical game you're talking about, but don't care about sharing with other people. They're okay with others using that thing they made - and it could be for many various reasons. Maybe they moved on to using a different character, maybe they no longer play the game, maybe they just don't give two fucks about being a precious little snowflake.

It's the same - maybe they've decided to go another direction with their custom design, maybe they are no longer making the game, maybe they just don't give two fucks about their game being a precious little snowflake. It's up to them. You might not understand that kind of apathy, but you don't have to - it's their choice to do with the resources what they want.

Some people just don't care about making their game preciously protected like some newborn angel. And some people have different aspects of their games that they're protective of instead of the graphical areas - I mean, I don't mind people using most of my resources that I've made for my games as long as proper credit is given and it's resources I've flagged as okay for free use, but if I saw someone using my characters or stories, that would be another thing. (Yes, I am talking about that one person who tried to steal Emi and change her into some weird emo kid. Don't touch my fucking characters! >:O )

People put precedence over different aspects of a game.

(speaking of people who are protective of their characters, I've got a feeling Marrend might shank someone who tried to steal his Askigaga character. I'd put money on that, in fact.)
Frogge
author=Liberty
You might not understand that kind of apathy, but you don't have to - it's their choice to do with the resources what they want.

That's completely fine, and I'm over that already. The reason I asked why they shared resources from their games was because I didn't understand the logic. After your explanation, I did.

The main problem for me now is how LockeZ is saying that you SHOULD share the resources you make for your game or else you will be considered selfish.
Oh, yeah, don't fret about that too much. LockeZ already said that he knows people will disagree with him on this point - it's his own personal belief that art of any kind should be free for anyone to use and that no-one owns art. He's not saying you should do this, just that it's what he believes.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Are we still arguing about the fair use of resources? Everyone just shut up and look at this awesome dinosaur with a smile on its face:

Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
author=Ratty524
Are we still arguing about the fair use of resources?
Everyone just shut up and look at this awesome dinosaur with a smile on its face:

Exactly what I was thinking... + Dinosaurs
Frogge
author=Ratty524
Are we still arguing about the fair use of resources? Everyone just shut up and look at this awesome dinosaur with a smile on its face:

DUDE

:,)
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Hexatona
URGH - Writers of Earth - have you no shame?

Do you know how many books I have just sorted through that follow this whole thing in the description?

"-Artsy Female Name- led a picture-perfect life — until -something-. But then, When a handsome stranger shows up, -Artsy Female Name- will find out -Something-"

Like, Jesus Christ, people. Twilight died eons ago. Let it go.

Shamela (and Pamela)

Edit: Is that smiling Rex compared to Churchill's silhouette?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Liberty
(speaking of people who are protective of their characters, I've got a feeling Marrend might shank someone who tried to steal his Askigaga character. I'd put money on that, in fact.)

Wait, what? I mean, I've been known to put Masako cameos in every freaking place I can. I know I threw around some Okiku cameos for a while after that game got made. So, I can understand if somebody tried to steal either of those. I can accept that, though I'd probably be less happy about Masako. The Oracle of Askigaga, though? Could it be because of the Heartache custom content that makes a reference to that game (among others)?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Frogge
Peeplz hu share R stoopit.

LockeZ
Peeplz hu no meke stuffs free R selfish.

Liberty
Peeplz no haff to agreez!

Ratty524
Peeplz luk et happy dinosaur!

pianotm
Share's resources made for fangames.

Share's music on Summoner of Sounds.

Is making a music pack to sell.

Gets gun; shoots dinosaur...you can never trust a smiling dinosaur. That dinosaur is smiling because he sees his dinner. I just saved that man's life.
Zakariya
Every misdeed has its own punishment, and every good deed has its reward.
@Liberty

I see nothing wrong with people using others' characters as long as the person gives credit, and makes them act the way they would in their material of origin. :P

author=Marrend
I've been known to put Masako cameos in every freaking place I can.

That doesn't sound...right. o_o

From a certain point of view. XP
Corfaisus
author=pianotm
Peeplz

pee plz

#1361fetishtalk

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Zakariya
author=Marrend
I've been known to put Masako cameos in every freaking place I can.
That doesn't sound...right. o_o

From a certain point of view. XP

I guess it depends on which point of view? I know I threw her into Hall of Lost Souls, and, Darigaaz, I think it was Apon the Brow of Tomorrow, Clear?
No, I mean if someone took her and changed her but it was that character. Like, say, they took Masako, named her Masako and then had her be the same character but changed some things about her - like, say, made her a snooty bitch who hated everyone and everything... but it was the same 'person'. You using her in stuff is a bit different than someone else taking your character and using her in their stuff, especially without permission.