WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=pianotm
Frogge
Peeplz hu share R stoopit.

I think you are missing the point piano >.< Sharing resources is nice, my point was that I did not understand sharing when it was made to be for YOUR OWN game.
And no, I wouldn't call those people stoopit. It's nice, just strange.

BUT ANYWAY

Moving on. What are your thoughts on refmap in rpgs are they okey or have they been used too much
My opinion is to infuse any mapping with your own style and character and the graphics used doesn't matter. Use RTP, use REFMAP, use rips, use MS Paint stick figures. Who cares? Just make sure it has your style and it'll be fine.
Porkate42
Goes inactive at least every 2 weeks
I actually like the default graphics (then again I haven't seen 2k3's). They're simple and easy to use.
Although I think they should be only used in non-commercial RPG's, using them in commercial games gives them a bad image.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Yeah seriously - who cares how you make a game. I don't think I have or will ever hear someone looking down on another game maker on the grounds of things like "Oh, my, you're still making REFMAP RPGs? O hohoho, welcome to 2002, pleb."

There are so many better things to look down upon Game Makers for.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Hexatona

I want examples.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Porkate42
I actually like the default graphics (then again I haven't seen 2k3's).

REFMAP isn't actually default. I also like most RTPs so far, with the exception of Xp's. I'm actually ok with them being used in commercial games, as long as they are used well.

author=Ratty524
I want examples.

Their response to criticism maybe. Like getting all mad when someone points out an issue with their game. Or the dev's behaviour. Or for making a lazy game and then assuming they spent a lot of effort on it.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
author=Ratty524
author=Hexatona
I want examples.

- Making lame ass lazy games with no creativity or originality, stealing stuff from others, and selling them.

- Not testing their games and releasing them broken.

- Making yet more Final Fantasy fan games :P

- Shoehorning characters to please the masses.

- Not giving credit where credit is due.

- Stealing stuff and passing it as theirs.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I would share graphics from my successful game. It only can get me more fame. Fame matters. And I wouldn't be called Phil Selfish.
I get people can feel like throwing out invested time of theirs. The truth is that outcomes are usually positive for both sides. Giving a proper credit is important, tho.
You can even sell them. Check out Always Sometimes Monsters.

Edit:
author=Idda
- The Nottestingtheirgamesandreleasingthembroken Canoe.

When I was living among Lakota, they gave me this name.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I'd share resources of freeware games i make, but i don't know if i'd feel comfortable sharing resources of commercial projects.
Mmmm, stealing, not crediting and being un-receptive to criticism is about all I'd give someone flak for. Even then, I wouldn't look down upon them per se - that suggests I feel some superiority over them which is a dangerous (and silly) way to be thinking.

Stealing and not crediting can definitely make me dislike someone though. (Also I may think they're a dirt bag. XD)

This is all assuming they don't fix their error. In which case I'm fine with them.
iddalai
author=Cap_H
author=Idda
- The Nottestingtheirgamesandreleasingthembroken Canoe.
When I was living among Lakota, they gave me this name.

I was known and feared as "Shalashaska".

author=Gourd_Clae
Mmmm, stealing, not crediting and being un-receptive to criticism is about all I'd give someone flak for. Even then, I wouldn't look down upon them per se - that suggests I feel some superiority over them which is a dangerous (and silly) way to be thinking.

Not for me though. I already feel superior to all of you! :P :P :P

Man, you really got to be careful with what words you use in 2016.
Mirak
Let's engage in competitive whining i think i'd have a good chance of victory.
author=Mirak

You're looking for the Slack vs IRC thread
iddalai
author=Mirak

Hahahahaha! You poor fool! Have you no idea where you are!?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I'd like to add fishing minigames to that list.
iddalai
I LIKE good fishing mini-games.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Frogge
author=Ratty524
I want examples.
Their response to criticism maybe. Like getting all mad when someone points out an issue with their game. Or the dev's behaviour. Or for making a lazy game and then assuming they spent a lot of effort on it.
author=iddalai
author=Ratty524
author=Hexatona
I want examples.
- Making lame ass lazy games with no creativity or originality, stealing stuff from others, and selling them.

- Not testing their games and releasing them broken.

- Making yet more Final Fantasy fan games :P

- Shoehorning characters to please the masses.

- Not giving credit where credit is due.

- Stealing stuff and passing it as theirs.

These all come from the exceptions, and I wouldn't say they are the norm (speaking beyond the RPG Maker community, here).
Mirak
#notallgamemakers
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I feel good about the conversation I started here today.
iddalai
author=Ratty524
These all come from the exceptions, and I wouldn't say they are the norm (speaking beyond the RPG Maker community, here).

Hey, you wanted examples and I gave you examples! :P

Here's one from around here: trying to please everyone ;)

EDIT: It just hit me we're replying to a thread started by someone no longer here :/