WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I know I finished it very recently (like, in the past couple of days), but, I cannot get Suikoden 2's intro out of my head.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
Both cats and dogs are awesome.

Animals are awesome.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=iddalai
Both cats and dogs are awesome.

Animals are awesome.

^^^^^^^^
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Cats are better. I should know, I've spent my whole life around them and have become enslaved to them seen the light.
Frogge
author=Corfaisus
Cats are better. I should know, I've spent my whole life around them and have become enslaved to them seen the light.

I guess even the ''I know you are awake'' monster is a prisoner to those majestic animals
author=Marrend
I know I finished it very recently (like, in the past couple of days), but, I cannot get Suikoden 2's intro out of my head.

:DDD

The music for the Suikoden series is really nice, but Reminiscence is especially good. One of my most prized possessions is the CDs of the music of Suikoden that my brother got me one year. It was actually a surprisingly thoughtful gift.

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Funny how things work out. My dad and I go to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. I decide it's time to go and we start our drive home. I bring up that I might want to go to the store later tonight, but we decide that it'd be best to go home and check the weather first. At the last minute, my dad decides to turn into the grocery store down the road from where we live to pick up a few things (mine included). There we bump into my brother who swung by to pick up something for dinner. Being at the same place at the same time, we're able to tell him that we've already got dinner waiting on the stove (made it before we left) so that he doesn't have to spend some extra money on that.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
@Infectionfiles: No worries. No hard feelings.

Hey i am very bored, so i'll type out a story about the room i'm in right now, feel free to ignore it i just want to type something out to pass the time. I'm using my phone.

My rooftop has a small set of rooms that used to be an extra appartment that somehow got fused with my own, but my family used to use these rooms as dumping grounds for all objects we didn't want to see anymore but that mom didn't want to throw away. It's like our attic, if we had one.

Around 6 to 7 years ago when i started smoking and needed a place to do it in secret i went up. The place was a horrible mess. Everything was dirty, boxes and trash bags full of old clothes and broken/incomplete toys littered the small space, and there were roaches and similar bugs everywhere. I started to go up there frequently, sometimes i used the excuse of making my homework, or playing DS, or talking with my friends on the phone, but soon enough these rooms became my habitual hangout place. I started using it as a thinking room for all of my projects. Since my internet connection doesn't reach the roof, it was a perfect place to disconnect and think. A bit of time passed and i started feeling weary and bothered by all the mess and dirt around me. Not only was it killing my vibe, but being in a messy place goes against my very nature, so i started fixing the problem.

Started clearing the room of boxes and bags first, then i fumigated the entire space(or at least i tried my best doing it i basically grabbed three cans of insecticide, wore a gas mask and started covering every inch of the room with it, then i ventilated the room for two days and cleared it out of bodies afterwards). Cleaned the bed which was used as table for the boxes, and overall returned the room to an habitable state. Now there were no more unnecesary objects in the room, but somehow, i still did not feel welcome in it. There was something about the atmosphere that didn't promote a creative environment, the walls were old, gray, and dusty. Too much light entered the room from the only large plain marbled glass window in the room and people could see me through the small crystal in the door.

So I started painting the windows. Each window pane was painted a different color (except for one at the center since i ran out of paint). I also covered the door's crystal with paint except for a circle in the bottom center that my sis and i called the 'voyeuristic eye' that i use to check that no one is outside the room when i go down (because if i went down when people were around they'd probably notice the smell if i walked right next to them, and the space when going down is cramped). Now the room had some colored light which produced some really cool multicolor stained glass effect, but it wasn't enough. I needed ALL the colors.

I decided to start doodling on the walls. I made two "paintings". I asked a more talented friend to come do another, and she did, and it was very colorful. Since then a few years have passed without me buying more paint to finish the walls that were left gray. However disaster struck recently, as an errant ember lit the mattress on fire and we had to get rid of it, so now there's a large spot of burnt floor that smells acrid, and three of our five cushions were lost to the flames.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I'm so bad at naming things.
Right now I'm trembling over a brand name.
This is to encompass my books and comics in the coming years. Part of me is saying 'Black Dot' as the piratey Black Spot alternate name. But, the universe I've been working on is not focused on assassins anymore. It's vast, infinite, and spanning multiple planes of existence in time and space.

So, I like Black Dot, but it just isn't working.
Any suggestions on how to come up with names? I'm not asking for a name, but ideas about how you all name things.
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
I think of random words, put them together then yay!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Once a work is nearly done, I can usually point to a few individual things within it that are so important that they're worth naming the entire project after. However, it sounds like that's not the case for you.

Another method I've used is to think of major themes/aspects of whatever it is I'm working on, and look at titles of works that heavily inspired me, and try to combine any two of them into some sort of wordplay. I can usually come up with anywhere from two to five major themes/aspects of whatever the project is. A major advantage of naming something this way is that it tells the audience exactly what to expect, while a name like Black Dot doesn't.

My best-named project that was named this way is Wild Thunder, a wild west shooter game starring a black-furred Pikachu in a trenchcoat and sunglasses wielding a pair of 8mm pistols, who can use Lightning Time to slow down combat. Name partially inspired by the SNES game Wild Guns.

That's also what I've primarily been doing to name the games in the RMNverse Arcade forum game, since each one consists of multiple very incongruent ideas and it's difficult to point to any one idea as being the most important part of the game.

Here's an idea. Try describing your universe in about eight or so short snippets that each very briefly describe or expand upon an important aspect of the series, exactly like an RMNverse Arcade game. You don't have to post it here, but by doing that, I think you might inspire yourself. You might even surprise yourself with which things make the list.

(Black Dot is a good name though. Catchy. If you want to indicate a focus on multiple "points" in spacetime, maybe it could be Black Ellipsis.)
Frogge
author=Kloe
I think of random words, put them together then yay!

Strawberry bats?! Beach ball being killed by Voldemort!
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
LockeZ, you're the third person to like Black Dot. Which is concerning when talking myself out of something lol

Well, I'll try the description idea. See where that takes me, and come back with results.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well I like it with the almost-no-context that you've given. It's a good name, in general, but I don't know if it's a good name for your project or not. You say pirates aren't really a major part of the story any more, but apparently they're still your first thought of what to name it after, so I'm not sure whether to believe that or not.

On the other hand, I have a game named "Iniquity and Vindication" that's mostly about punching lava sharks, so you might be better off ignoring any advice I have about naming things.
Splock? Splack? Block Spat? Blat Spock? How about a colour that is an integral part of theme and dot/spot/splat.

Black splat? Spot Black?

I usually come up with names at the start of a project and stick with them. It can end in ridiculous stuff like having one game named All the Ponies because I had a nursery rhyme in my head at the time. (Yeah, the game has nothing to do with nursery rhymes, ponies or the like.)

How about just Dot or Spot. Spotted? Dotted?
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Dudesoft
I'm so bad at naming things.
Right now I'm trembling over a brand name.
This is to encompass my books and comics in the coming years. Part of me is saying 'Black Dot' as the piratey Black Spot alternate name. But, the universe I've been working on is not focused on assassins anymore. It's vast, infinite, and spanning multiple planes of existence in time and space.

So, I like Black Dot, but it just isn't working.
Any suggestions on how to come up with names? I'm not asking for a name, but ideas about how you all name things.

Just from those few things you mentioned about how big the universe is between vast, infinite, spanning. I'd go with something like "Infinite Span" because I think I pretty much work like LockeZ in the naming department.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Do your works share any common features? If the content your company produces is varied you can use terminology that nods to that.

Black dot universe, for example.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Dots in space or points of inerest in an universe are usually bright. Black can remind us of inking. Dot can be related to story-driven content (its not a mere illustration). So, Black Dot would work with any comics.
Dot is not an interesting word to play around typography-wise. D and O combination is kind of limiting. Black is overused in brands of all kinds.
The one thing which always works and makes a catchy name catchier is to switch noun and adjective. Liberty already pointed it out. Dot Black makes it sound more original. The other thing is that the assumptions are changed slightly.

I would suggest something with X in it.
How about Dot=Black or Dot; Black or Dot: Black (the last one has two dots in it!!!)