WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Sometimes, I wonder if it was a smart idea to volunteer my services to redwall10 to re-do the dialog for his latest game, Dragon Cult. What if the game suffers the same fate as his others? What certainty do I have that the project will stick, and that my efforts will not be in vain? Am I just being gullible?

*is a worry-wart to a fault*
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Marrend
Sometimes, I wonder if it was a smart idea to volunteer my services to redwall10 to re-do the dialog for his latest game, Dragon Cult. What if the game suffers the same fate as his others? What certainty do I have that the project will stick, and that my efforts will not be in vain? Am I just being gullible?

*is a worry-wart to a fault*

What exactly happened to his other games?
author=Mirak
@gourd: Do they handle the pedophile character realistically/well? As in, do they portray him as a troubled human being or as the cliche'd monster in human skin?
I think it's realistic in a one case scenario type thing? It definitely doesn't try to portray what a normal pedophile would be like. Spoilers in case you intend to watch the movie at some point:
Ah, I'm not sure! He's definitely human - the movie never makes him out to be a monster. At some points he seems self-aware, even stating that he has a psychosexual disorder and subtly suggests that finding love/sex with an older person (ie not a child) will not fix him (that's what his mother suggests).

The entirety of the cast is against him and afraid of him and some even suggest that he should be castrated. Apparently, he's only ever exposed himself to a child, but not gone any farther (tho I'm sure that doesn't make it a whole lot less traumatic).

The movie has this one part where I was rooting for him having a good date, but, well, erp. He learns that his date was raped as a child, and is intrigued. He ends up exposing himself to her, and she just cries while he warns, "You better not tell on me..."

He kind of acts like he has a mental problem, but I believe the reveal is supposed to suggest that his mind is just child-like. This might explain his pedophilia - he thinks he's a kid. In a twist of irony, he does literally castrate himself so that he can't ever do anything to a child again (or for the first time I guess). He probably would've died from this, but he's saved by the character who disliked him the most who I presume realized how painfully human the pedophile was. He also probably felt bad because he caused the pedophile's mother to have a stroke. >.<

He has an interesting scene where another character asks him if he's okay while he's crying on a swing set and he reminds me a lot of a child being checked on by a concerned mother in that scene.

His mother is his best advocate.
So it dawned on me, but anyone feel that most job requirements these days have become overbearingly bureaucratic, and it's affect people's own personal lives? I can't help, but think that Bureaucratic America is trying to copy Japan on how to drive people to suicide. I don't see how this is sustainable else America is going to have a lot more Mental Health problems at some point within a decade or so. People don't talk about it, but depression has become really common now, and the job requirements just add to the stress.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
You know something is wrong when you start to see rpg maker games using sample maps on the steam store

http://store.steampowered.com/app/502140/

Edit: And it's by Back to Basics Gaming. OFCOURSE it's by Back to Basics Gaming. This is the same guy who used rips in his steam game and deleted any posts pointing out that was illegal, published an unfinished game and is trying to get this crap greenlit. But somehow this guy has the skills to make THIS?
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Don't even tell me about it, everyday i feel like i'm missing the opportunistic buck
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
@Liberty Invalid YouTube URLhttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082883/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_23Love may be a flick you are looking for. It seemingly answers why there are always beautiful women in films.
The other question is why do we want to see plain men? I think I like normal persons in films in general. Other tips:
Hahaha a Korean flick. Sang-soo Hong may have more of these. The Korean new wave may be quite a interesting one in this regard.
Girls seem to be a pretty popular soap which is kind of Sex and The City for real. I plan to find time to watch this one.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Playing some Dwarf Fortress. Using the Randomized Raws utility, I now have, among things like Torcheye Cats and Sneaking Night Hounds, a Depressing Carp.

Sneaking Night Hound: A small and swift canine animal. It's skin is colored creamy. This creature has creamy hair and bronze eyes. It is domesticated and can be trained for the hunt or for war. It savors the taste of flesh and bone. It can see perfectly in the dark. It dwells in the depths of the world. It can live up to 46 years.

Torcheye Cat: A tiny and swift feline animal. It's skin is colored olive. This creature has olive hair, white glowing eyes, and a light-generating ability. It is domesticated. It savors the taste of flesh. It is never found in the wilds. It is at peace with many sorts of wildlife. It chooses it's owner for itself. Despite it's body shape, it can climb. It can live up to 33 years. It's parts are worth twice as much as normal creatures.

Dang, I want to see a depressing carp and see what their description is...
Manhua are Korean manga, and they tend to go interesting places, though they aren't as well known as their Japanese counterparts.
Mirak
Unfortunately the only manwha i've read have had very bad art.

Still, God of Bath was funny to read in a lol wtf kind of way even though the scanlation suddenly stopped.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs

SHUT UP AND LET ME EAT

TOO BAD NO BON APPETIT

SHUT UP AND LET ME EAT

YOU KNOW MY LOVE IS SWEET
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Re: Manhwa - Actually, a good chunk of the Graphic Novels me and my wife have read happened to be Korean in origin. Especially the webtoons I followed for a long time.

Girls of the Wilds

Tower of God

Hellper

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Ratty524
SHUT UP AND LET ME EAT

TOO BAD NO BON APPETIT

SHUT UP AND LET ME EAT

YOU KNOW MY LOVE IS SWEET

Happy Birthday! Have a cake.
Mirak
It's raining! Just in time for my nap! Woooooo!
author=Kaliesto
So it dawned on me, but anyone feel that most job requirements these days have become overbearingly bureaucratic, and it's affect people's own personal lives? I can't help, but think that Bureaucratic America is trying to copy Japan on how to drive people to suicide. I don't see how this is sustainable else America is going to have a lot more Mental Health problems at some point within a decade or so. People don't talk about it, but depression has become really common now, and the job requirements just add to the stress.
I do.

POLITICALLY CHARGED RANT INCOMING:SKIP SHOW BUTTON TO AVOID SRS BIZNIZZ

America's weird ass socioeconomic structure and polarizing bipartisan political ideologies is probably to blame for that.It's kinda silly how college costs like 4 years of minimum wage; that means in order to get education for a decent job you have to work for years at a shit one; it makes no sense. I could easily see why people get discouraged from because shit like that. guess that's the consequence of only 2% of the federal budget being spent on education.

I mean, the congress is such a mess that, instead of reaching a compromise between their beliefs like sensible people, the god ol' R's and D's try to brute force their policies into approval via majority rule or obfuscatory wording; essentially turning U.S. legislation into a endless game of tic-tac-toe, wherein different states uphold hilariously contradictory laws.

"you can only have a handgun after paying for a $400 application and 8 months of waiting and showing us your birth certificate, state id , passport, driver license, letters from people who've known you for years, fingerprints, et cetera, et cetera..."

"sure buy your assault rifle that's easily modded to be full-auto online, just pay $100 for a license"

"you pay double food tax, you can't use too many coupons either"

"reduced food tax, also take couple hundred bucks worth of grocery vouchers"

Here are some fun facts(with a tinge of personal bias... sorry, I'm human) relating to financial climate, budget & economy:

-40% of U.S. taxes is set aside for people over the age of 65; although they account for only 15% percent of the population

-16% of U.S. taxes go to "defense" which is the metaphorical equivalent of dumping 16% of our taxes into a hole. It's even stupider when you realize the 16% doesn't even help our veterans or active armed forces any way, shape, or form financially.

-Since businesses have minimal checks imposed on them by the government (yay crony capitalism),most sizeable businesses, and even some small ones, have several consistent method of loop-holing their way out of loads of taxes. this is probably what has caused to be at a deficit for a majority of the last 50 years, in spite of having a HUGE GDP.

-We routinely borrow money from other countries because we spend far more than we earn...somehow in spite of, again, our GDP being the highest in the world,higher than the entire EU,in fact. I'm sure the fact that they let us do so multiple times a year is COMPLETELY UNRELATED to us outsourcing jobs to some of the countries we borrow from /s

-Speaking of that debt, we've raised its ceiling over 140 times since 1917 because fuck having a plan to pay debts.god forbid we suffer through the great depression 2.0 once we actually hit it. I forecast it happening around early-mid 22nd century. good luck great great grandchildren[

- *insert miscellaneous disappointing information here*

"So why ddon't we convert over to a social democratic economy?"

Good question: we can't. We're so deep down the rabbit hole that anything change would make the U.S. economy fall unto itself like Jenga tower. In summation, a complete free market with socioeconomic benefits just does not work: it just ends up as a bunch of shitty half-measure programs that are ultimately spread too thin to help anybody.There's reason why we're the only true capitalist country in the world.Hint: it's not because it works well. that's why we have so many mental health issues, our social and economic problems are so looming and overwhelmingly large in scale, you can't but be stressed,depressed, and everything in between when you think about them and how you've gotta personally deal with it, willingly or not.
glad that's off my chest. anyway:

101% smart idea, obviously.
"Ever wanted your bed to be your premature coffin in case of a sudden earthquake? Dahir Insaat has you covered"

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
This Lv.107 dude was talking himself up and everyone else down and just acting like an overall douche (he even has a douche name; D00med420) in Runescape's Grand Exchange, annoying everyone. So I came along with my Lv.100 main (Zilmurik, of course) and boxed him (no armor, no weapon, no prayer, no food, no potions) and won. I followed it up by spamming this:

"Oor oor oor" ~ Seal of Approval

The others who came to watch (the ones he was annoying) did likewise. The guy I boxed blames it on lag, even though all you do is click "Attack" and wait. Shut him up quick, he logged out after a few minutes and I'm still laughing my ass off.

RNG tends to favor the not-douche.
Runescape. I had so much fun in that game.

___

I am so freaking burned out on sprites right now. Working on a tileset, got some good things going on, but wow. I hate spriting so much that I don't even feel like finishing the ones I have right now.

I'm so burned out from how exhausting it all is that I don't want to touch my computer. Pls send help

Here, hop on. I'll roll you to bed :p