WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=pianotm
I AM HOME!

Yeah, buddy!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Thanks everyone! I feel soooo much better. I didn't realize how awful I felt. I knew I didn't want to do anything, but man. My hemoglobin count was down to 4.8 when I went in. I literally had a third of the blood my body needed. As of this morning, it was at 9.8 and climbing. Doctor Morris tells me it'll be about a month before it's back to normal. They've got me on steroids (prednisone) for the anemia, and warfarin for the clots. I have no idea how long I'll be on the steroids. The warfarin, I'll be on for 6 months to a year. I'll have to have regular lab tests to make sure my blood is thinned at the right level. I have hypertension, but they say it's not bad enough to restrict my salt intake (thank you, all deities in heaven and on Earth). I can't have salads anymore because of the warfarin. No broccoli, either. Two of my favorite things. I can actually have them, but very sparingly.

In other news: I'm getting this makerscore and I have no idea where it's coming from. I don't think I was in the 8000 club when I went into the hospital. Was there something I got from the Just-do-it event? It couldn't have been THAT much.
yay! pianotm i'm happy to hear you are okay! i was actually in a hospital for 8 days, it was not to fun but it gave me some time to calm down...
i have a blood pressure of 160... i really got to get that down!

sorry you can't eat broccoli... it's weird because i got a steamer and have been eating broccoli lately.
pianotm
Oh, get better Xoe. 160 is not a good blood pressure to have.
It's fine I'll live, but ya maybe some good old meditation...
(which i never really have done before)

hope you get better too. 200+ BP is not good! somethings really stressing your body out.

are you sleeping enough?
pianotm
No, I developed an extremely rare form of anemia where my immune system was killing my red blood cells. I was literally bleeding to death. That's what drove my blood pressure up.
author=pianotm
Thanks everyone! I feel soooo much better. I didn't realize how awful I felt. I knew I didn't want to do anything, but man. My hemoglobin count was down to 4.8 when I went in. I literally had a third of the blood my body needed. As of this morning, it was at 9.8 and climbing. Doctor Morris tells me it'll be about a month before it's back to normal. They've got me on steroids (prednisone) for the anemia, and warfarin for the clots. I have no idea how long I'll be on the steroids. The warfarin, I'll be on for 6 months to a year. I'll have to have regular lab tests to make sure my blood is thinned at the right level. I have hypertension, but they say it's not bad enough to restrict my salt intake (thank you, all deities in heaven and on Earth). I can't have salads anymore because of the warfarin. No broccoli, either. Two of my favorite things. I can actually have them, but very sparingly.

In other news: I'm getting this makerscore and I have no idea where it's coming from. I don't think I was in the 8000 club when I went into the hospital. Was there something I got from the Just-do-it event? It couldn't have been THAT much.

Welcome back! Glad they figured out what's going on, and have you on a program for recovery. And you joined the Warfarin club!

author=XoeisCooI
yay! pianotm i'm happy to hear you are okay! i was actually in a hospital for 8 days, it was not to fun but it gave me some time to calm down...
i have a blood pressure of 160... i really got to get that down!

sorry you can't eat broccoli... it's weird because i got a steamer and have been eating broccoli lately.

You're back! Glad you're doing better.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
It's great you're both ok right now. Work on getting even better.

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=alterego
Edit: I think I know what's wrong. The font change needs to be in "Main", and the opacity fix is an edit on Scene_MenuBase.

You're absolutely right about Scene_MenuBase. My bad! Though, as far as I could tell, the font-change that I had worked as-is?

*Edit: Xoe is back!? CooI.

*Edit2, @alterego: To the best of my knowledge, this should work.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=InfectionFiles
author=pianotm
I AM HOME!
Yeah, buddy!
Yeah, man!

8k, you're getting to the top.

author=Marrend
*Edit: Xoe is back!? CooI.

XoeisOk.
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
author=Marrend
Xoe is back!? Cool.

Xoe is back!! YAY!! :D
Welcome back Xoe!
Marrend
author=Cap_H
Xoeis0k.

I'm almost positive you meant this for the sake of the spirit of Xoe's user-name.

*Edit, @Kloe: No-no-no. I did not say "Cool". I said "CooI". Huge difference.

*Edit2, @alterego: On second thought, it's possible I'm being tricked into thinking the font-change that I did works, because the font was absolutely not the default one. Looking at your link to the Gilles' Comic font, it wasn't that either. Though, that font isn't on my computer.

What I think happened on my end that the font became Arial. This might have something to do with the "name" value's default of ["Verdana", "Arial", "Courier New"]. Which seems to suggest that the code for the font-change should probably look more like...
Font.default_name = ["Gilles' Comic"]
Font.default_size = 22
...this?

Sorry, my head's a little achy.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Marrend
author=Cap_H
Xoeis0k.
I'm pretty sure you meant this.

0k then.
Marrend
So, I downloaded a copy of Gilles' Comic for testing purposes, and basically came up with...

Font.default_name = ["Gilles' Comic Font"]
Font.default_size = 22

class Scene_MenuBase < Scene_Base
  def create_background
    @background_sprite = Sprite.new
    @background_sprite.bitmap = SceneManager.background_bitmap
    @background_sprite.color.set(16, 16, 16, 255)
  end
end

...this. The correct font is displaying, and the window opacity is where is should be! I've re-uploaded the resulting script-file as well, as I'm not really sure how possible it is to edit scripts in VX Ace Lite.

Sleep sounds reeeeaaaaaaly good about now.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I've been up all night and it's funny how much gam mak you can get done when sacrificing sleep. not only that but I had stopped for the night and hours later at 6am open up the editor and blast through a side quest.

It's never too late to get some development in! even when you think you might be done for the day
That sounds awful pianoTM I hope your able to cope with it.
How are you doing now that you are back home?

@Kloe: Hello hello :)
@Mirak: I believe I will get better.
Being reassured helps a lot actually...
@InfectionFiles: The meds I'm on seem to give me insomia.
I have only slept 3-6 hours a night lately. I think some naps are in order.

I take what RMNers say, a little to seriously....
'Psychosis'

Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Not sure I could call that interrupting, but it was funny!

So when I think about contentment, I always go back to two scenes. Ironically the comfort of both comes from a respite in the turmoil of a long, sometimes beyond exhausting journey. And they include beds~<3 They're also extremely melancholy, although I guess it was their setting that always conveyed the most contentment. >.<

pianotm
XoeisCooI
That sounds awful pianoTM I hope your able to cope with it.
How are you doing now that you are back home?

I'm doing okay. Shaved with a proper razor. Am working on putting together a forum game (no, not a mafia). One of my legs is a little stiff.
I will be looking out for your forum game pianotm.
Sorry to hear your not doing the best, but I'm glad your still around.

I've been thinking a lot about people claiming they want to kill you, or at least hinting at it.

Idk, I imagine ill get plenty of that... I think it's some what common to threaten people like that online? Perhaps the reaction is enjoyable, maybe they totally do want to for what ever reason and are just expressing it........

Maybe they have had hundreds of people say this to them, and so they enjoy partaking in the threatening too.