WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
It's the only MMO i put time into. It was very popular in high school.
I quit only because my friends stopped playing and i had no one to go questing with, and the game really becomes boring when you're on your own after a while. There are some quests you can do that are very long and have very nice stories but you'll usually stamp on a wall after progressing because the foes become too hard for a 1-man party, even when at the max level possible. I could never complete the thanatos tower quest and that was from vanilla RO without taking into account the expansions and updates.

Satan Morroc was also out of the question.

However i do remember the fun times i had levelling with my friends in the Toy Factory, killing box monsters to get blue boxes that dropped emperiums and other neat shit.

I HATED pvp. I despised it so.

I think i played that game all sorts of ways. From vanilla low-level servers to hyper high servers. When bots were allowed i'd use them. That way i could beat some quests i couldn't otherwise do because lack of party.
Same here. Ragnarok was the only MMO that ever caught my fancy. I tried others, like WOW, FlyFF, etc. but the music and pixel-art of Ragnarok were just awesome. Like in most RPGs I played as a Thief/Assasin. The thing is, I've never been much of a competitive gamer, so I was pretty much dead weight for my friends, specially after they nerfed the daggers. Eventually I stopped playing. In my latter days you could find me playing alone in Labyrinth Forest next to my loyal pet smokie (RIP Bandido T_T).

I should delete the forums
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
author=kentona

#KentonIsWIPconspiricy
khazga
Perpetual Nuisance Machine
author=kentona

WIP was right all along.
That tree.. is beautiful
author=kentona

It would make everyone happier.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Shinan
author=kentona
It would make everyone happier.

Ban Shinan
author=Kaliesto
Well consider a few things about Toriyama & Frieza

1) That was suppose to be his ultimate villain, but the series kept going
2) Toriyama's actual nightmare if such a being existed
3) This is for the new generation, and not ours.

Aye, fair enough. :P Although I thought Super/Kid Buu was second to Frieza, in terms of what he manages to do.

author=Mirak
what are you talking about you crazy kid

Edit: Hey someone deleted the post...

Uh.
Anyone played Ragnarok Online?

I've played it...before it crashed my last laptop. I miss playing it - didn't get very far but I enjoyed walking around and admiring the environments. I tend to do that in my spare time when not grinding on an MMO.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Ahh, the forums aren't the problem! You just need to delete the users.
That would make me happier
RMN would be much easier to manage if none of you were here
Mirak
You're talking about the forum? Because as it is, there is barely any people here.

I remember when i moderated the now defunct snafu forums. When this guy was at the peak of his popularity the forum had an influx of members of at least 50 per day, all of them young people in the 12-17 range, it was crazy. We were 15 moderators and we still struggled to perform our duties correctly. I figure RMN was in such a stage at some point, i'm kinda sad i wasn't here to see it.

Compared to those days, most forums bar main stablished ones became close-knit communities of 20+ active individuals, with that number barely deviating. Partly my fault for always looking for niche congregations.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Someone needs to revitalize the game design forums. Craze and I ran out of topics like three years ago. And I accidentally switched to working on games instead of talking about them, which overall has proven to be a terrible idea.

I could just start reposting the same topics I guess...?
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
I see nothing of note has been happening while I was away. Perfect!

I would like to nominate kentona for the More Helpful Than You Are achievement. Even while playing the role of the defeatist, overworked admin, his constant vigilance and well-measured wielding of the Ban-Hammer of Justice never disappoint. It's shocking he doesn't have one of those achievements already, anyway!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
author=LockeZ
Yeah, it's a problem. One they created while trying to solve other problems. Specifically, the problems were:
1) All the interesting content is at max level and people don't want to have to spend a month on each new alt before they can get there
2) Combat is more fun than preparing for combat
3) There are now over 200 dungeons in this game before you even hit max level

Trying to solve these problems led to Blizzard changing the game to be made much faster and have absolutely no downtime between fights. You don't have to eat or drink any more, you don't have to recast buffs, you don't have to loot all the individual mobs, and you don't have to decide who gets the loot that the boss just dropped. You can just go from one enemy group to the next immediately. And if you die, the run back takes one minute instead of five minutes, so living dangerously feels like a more appealing option. And with 100% of your time spent in combat, there's never a chance to talk.

They removed a lot of the bullshit, and with it also removed some of the magic. Whether this was a worthwhile trade-off or not is debatable. Of course the game is ten years old, and this is everyone's third or sixth or fourteenth character, and they've all memorized Deadmines from doing it so many times, so most of the magic would be gone anyways even if it were the exact same game.

On the plus side: I find that if you just say "Hey I haven't played in about eight years and would like to go a little slower so I can read the quest text and see what this place is like" 95% of people will be like "Oh cool" and they will slow down. I know if someone says that while I'm in a group, I actually appreciate it because it's way more fun. Some of them will be douchebags about it, but they'll do so immediately, so you can just quit the group.

Alternately you can play on one of the unofficial retro servers! Blizzard shut down the biggest one but there are still tons of them.

It really lost a lot of the magic in doing so... I agree that there's less bullshit, but some of that bs is what made WoW such an experience back in the day. Kinda sad.

I might just not run any dungeons anymore since it'll make the solo content more difficult/staying in the same area for longer won't matter as much since I won't out-gear it. Welp. gg blizzard

i mentioned that my first run of ... wailing cave or w/e, and none of the people talked once. sooo. welp. just kept hitting riptide and healing surge a lot throughout the next dungeons

btw what's the best horde starting area? i think iwanna play a rogue after i'm done with draenai shaman. probably not on... kalimdor? is that the continent draenai start on/the one with darnassus? i think so. tauren are my most favorite race in the series but i remember their starting quests being boring as sin
Mirak
Do we have secret santa drawing events here?
LockeZ
The best horde starting area is undead. Absolutely no question. You should also play the worgen starting area, it's the best alliance one, and is even better than the undead zone, and you get to be a werewolf in a top hat and tuxedo. If your trial account will let you, you should also play the Death Knight intro zone, which is only three levels long, but is probably the best solo content in the entire game.

Never running dungeons is totally an option. You get more gold from questing outdoors than from running dungeons, so it works out fine.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=Mirak
Do we have secret santa drawing events here?

Not sure about drawing events specifically (unless by "drawing" you mean picking someone at random rather than making art), but there absolutely are Secret Santa events. Here's the signup thread for last year's.