WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Are Reviews the highest makerscore you can get outside of special events?
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Well, according to this, it gives 50, so apart from events and making a gam, reviews are the highest earning makerscore wise. (by making a gam I mean uploading, getting it featured, getting a good rating for it, ect)
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.

Looking at kamen rider has me thinking; imagine there's like a power ranger / kamen rider series where there's a group of cool outfits. Like they have cool biker helmets and awesome visors and then they last guy has like this stupid head of a horse with a big neck and everything. He is so stupid looking but turns out to be seriously awesome despite his weird japanese sense of humour.
All his moves are killer, total powerhouse badass, but looks so stupid haha
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.

Here is my stupid image. I have very stupid images, but this was one of the most modest stupid images i could find right now.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=GreatRedSpirit

This needs to be on this page too.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I think the problem with criticism today for video games is how we viewed games in the 90s, and how we view them now. Back in those days making games had a lot less restraint, and allowed ideas to flow, but nowadays companies & gaming communities alike try to restrict things, and play it safe (Nintendo is a good example of that). Another good example is the fanworks of megaman games, you will be surprised how pissed off they get when it is not like the official games, and this kills any experimental work that could be done.

Besides video games, it is reassuring there is experimental anime like One-Punch Man that tries to break the mundane despite the criticism I'm sure it got back when it was just stick figure drawings.

Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
thank you dudes
author=Kaliesto
I think the problem with criticism today for video games is how we viewed games in the 90s, and how we view them now. Back in those days making games had a lot less restraint, and allowed ideas to flow, but nowadays companies & gaming communities alike try to restrict things, and play it safe (Nintendo is a good example of that). Another good example is the fanworks of megaman games, you will be surprised how pissed off they get when it is not like the official games, and this kills any experimental work that could be done.

Besides video games, it is reassuring there is experimental anime like One-Punch Man that tries to break the mundane despite the criticism I'm sure it got back when it was just stick figure drawings.

I totally agree with this. I have a hypothesis as to why this is the case.

Nowadays, most people tend to like it when a game,tv show, or story immediately grabs his or her attention for being unique,and also like when something immediately and repeatedly appeals to his or her personal preference, so much so that if a work doesn't do one or both of these things; he or she won't buy,try,or look anymore at that product or anything related to it.In response to these tastes, popular entertainment tends to be event-driven, as opposed to character or setting-driven. what I mean by this is that any given game company or anime studio or corporate production or what have you will just take a random premise and/or tropes proven to be popular, write a sequence(or sequences, for open-world games) of over-the-top dramatic events in order to get an arbitrary end-goal, and then slap characters and a setting on to it, without determining who or what the story or game is truly about.This typically results in a game or show wherein shit just happens in-world without any logic or reason and characters do and get things without any type of natural motivation or reasoning behind them. But the peoples don't care, unfortunately. They get enjoyment from the surface-level aspects of the game,show or book, and that's all they need.

"Wow, this dude's badass!"
"OMG, the hottest characters just kissed!"
"So many exciting things have happened. I love it!"
"That sorceress is so awesome for doing that for the MC!"

Media en masse has been trying to curtail the length of the creative process to meet higher demand, but they've curtailed the depth and personality of their output en masse as a result.

That's probably why you like one-punch man Kaliesto, because the story isn't driven by events, but rather by the characters and the setting behind it. Spectacle is nice, but It's better when a character with actual motivations, dreams, tribulations, and inner turmoil is responsible for it.

Mirak
As long as cheap, "turn-brain-off" entertainment keeps the masses content, less and less true intellectual works will surface, this is like, the main reason why call of duty games are still being sold by the thousands despite all of them being the same bloody thing over and over.

The real, meaningful works of art in any sort of media are always niche. You need an acquired taste in order to appreciate them, and they never thrive to the same sort of status the numbed titans enjoy. When such works do reach that sort of popularity, they become cashcows and everything of value in the material stagnates and becomes just another AAA, soulless franchise that exists to follow a formula that works repeatedly until people get tired of it, and the current state humanity is in, with people being complacent as fuck, means that these franchises might go on forever.
Mirak
I feel like shit.

I just lost three of our most valuable clients.

The reason? They found out i'm Mexican. It slipped mid-conversation. Big mistake.

These guys used to give me so much work over the year.
I thought they were satisfied with the quality of my work.
And yet, for such a stupid fucking reason that i have no control over, they decided to cut ties with me, suddenly and unceremoniously.

They even PM'd my Argentinian colleague to get him to work for them.
He told them that when they hired our services they were hiring both of us, that it was either both of us or neither. So they simply went on their way, taking our prospects for November-December's batch of work with them.

My morale is on the fucking floor. This always happens. Every time.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
That's racist and terrible. Here's hoping for the best, Mirak!
Mirak
I feel almost as bad as that time they refused my visa because i have arabic names.

Hang in there. That just really sucks.

And you thought they were satisfied with your work? You know it, don't you? 'tis still true.
Your work is still good and worth it. Only they do not want your work regardless of how good it is, unrelated to it.
What you have in your control is going well, so leave the responsibility for being cut off to those racist guys as they deserve.
Jesus christ thats horrible. Wtf is wrong with people?
Holy shit that's really fucking disgusting, I'm sorry to hear that Mirak
You've got a good colleague there who stuck with you though! I hope everything works out and you get some new clients who aren't human shitbags.
Aww, that sucks Mirak. Why do people have to do shitty things like that?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Oh, Mirak. I'm so sorry to hear that. May they experience twice the medical problems I've had.
Would it be okay for me lighten up the mood with silly images I had on my comp?

And the full version of my profile pic:

For the times when poeple suck

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I got slapped for having an opinion. I feel bad.

My mom wants for me to join the military. I don't want to get sexually assaulted during hazing so I told her no.