WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
If it's good, it'll find success here.
If you're good, it'll find success abroad.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Monday.

I can't wait until it's friday.
author=craze
for the way and legion saga and iron gaia? probably! the way is terrible, the other two are just meh nowadays. while i never cared for ABL, lys's other experimental projects were pretty creative and forward-thinking. of that list, he was easily the most talented.

however, the insular nature of the community and the lack of real critera, as you put it, definitely shaped how we made games. it's very different now. i know that i can't convince myself to make shitty small games any more, because i don't really want to make a game just for RMN. i spend my gam mak time working on my big project with karsuman, because we want to make something for people to play outside of the community -- ABL would be laughed out of town anywhere outside of gamingworld, even, with its shitty menus and weird mess of graphics.

i want to make another epic monster dungeon explore! 2 style game, but I know I'd spend four weeks on it instead of four hours. that's time i could spend playing path of exile working on my proper project, because there are expectations when you want more than 50 people to play your game.

author=Corfaisus
If it's good, it'll find success here.
If you're good, it'll find success abroad.

As a creator though, I need to be more specific than that about my goals with Chronology, however. I know 'if it's good' that helps, but it's much too broad. I want more than just the RM community to play it!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Then there's two roads you need to consider:

1. Don't use rips; people automatically associate them with the source material.
2. Embrace the rips and brand the game Final Fantasy: So and Such.
I feel I'm too far along in my project for that, to be honest. I'm not sure that's really practical at this state in development, but I might consider releasing the game as is, and then re-releasing it with custom assets (and a more powerful program) down the line.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
So, I'm guessing this achievement was totally forgotten about at this point? It's only been a fortnight since McBacon 3's resolution, but, I'm a bit curious/worried about those achievements too.

*Edit: Every so often, I get on RMW, and consider posting this script there.
Ya know...I've seen friendly debate here and there on using ripped graphics and so on, but for me, it's always interesting to see what people do with said graphics; whether they alter them or not.

author=Corfaisus
Then there's two roads you need to consider:

1. Don't use rips; people automatically associate them with the source material.
2. Embrace the rips and brand the game Final Fantasy: So and Such.

I don't know. I can't speak for gamers as a whole. When I see a game use resources from another one (and if it's one I enjoy) it helps immerse me into the story being played out for me - because while it's familiar, it's also not.

It may be that I'm waxing philosophical about rips, but though they aren't original works used by creators, it's what you do that gives the material new life and meaning.

That's the beautiful thing about creation in general - even though we've all had similar ideas, it's the context and implication of what we want to portray that makes the meaning, and subsequent journey, different.

So a game uses FF rips and graphics? Eh, but what can the game do with something being used in a way that may or may not have been used before? What about that character model - is it going to play a similar role or be something different?

Ya know what I mean?

I dunno. Maybe I view games and game creation a little more liberally than I should.
Corfaisus
Trump had a lot to say tonight, mainly self-congratulations and doomsaying. What's his plan for the future? Nobody knows, but money is going to be involved.

Hillary conducted herself fairly, actually answered the questions, and after the debate, went down from the stage to meet the American public, the ones who matter most and who will be voting when the time comes.

I give this debate to Hillary and can only hope that Trump can compose himself professionally and come up with some answers next time. Only time will tell.

author=Punk_Kricket

You make some very valid points that I think reflect more on road 2 of my post. By the usage of rips, you have an initial familiarity with it that allows you to appreciate and even dismiss the graphics being used and this allows you to put more of your focus on what's different in terms of story and graphical usage.

While many of us approach it as brand recognition, I think there's more to it than that as you've just brought up. However, for marketing's sake, I brought up the Final Fantasy brand and its material because people would be more willing to give it the benefit of the doubt over an alien brand.
author=Corfaisus
Trump had a lot to say tonight, mainly self-congratulations and doomsaying. I give this debate to Hillary and can only hope that Trump can compose himself professionally and come up with some answers next time. Only time will tell.
author=Punk_Kricket

I don't buy that false optical illusion not even a little bit.
Trump's speech gave honest answers to real problems.
Corfaisus
author=Davenport
author=Corfaisus
Trump had a lot to say tonight, mainly self-congratulations and doomsaying. I give this debate to Hillary and can only hope that Trump can compose himself professionally and come up with some answers next time. Only time will tell.

We were watching the same debate, so I'm going to have to disagree with your position. He had little to no answers and just lost his temper. He often ran away from the questions to ramble on about how good of a businessman he is. He openly denied paying taxes and even resorted to a fallacy to defend himself, saying that he'll release his tax reports (which his lawyers have, time and time again, told him not to; clearly he's still running on that old rebel fuel) after Hillary releases her deleted emails, which he openly admitted were deleted, making such an action impossible.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I heard one of the analysts, right before the US presidential debate, comment something like "I give this crowd about a 70/30 split. I think about 30% of viewers are watching tonight because they think the debate will help inform their vote, and the other 70% are just here for entertainment and want to watch the trainwreck." And I thought to myself, "Yep, that's me in the 70%."

After watching, I must say that Mickey Mouse seems like a promising candidate. I haven't voted since I was 18 but I might vote this year just to vote for Mickey Mouse.
Donald Duck

Make America Gweat again
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
LockeZ
I heard one of the analysts, right before the US presidential debate, comment something like "I give this crowd about a 70/30 split. I think about 30% of viewers are watching tonight because they think the debate will help inform their vote, and the other 70% are just here for entertainment and want to watch the trainwreck." And I thought to myself, "Yep, that's me in the 70%."

Damn, and to think I'm spending all my time on Netflix, these days.
I have been watching political debates well since before I was old enough to vote, and I was pretty ambivalent on both candidates, but I have never, ever, ever seen a politician or a political candidate of any political ideology perform as poorly as Donald Trump did tonight.
author=Marrend
So, I'm guessing this achievement was totally forgotten about at this point? It's only been a fortnight since McBacon 3's resolution, but, I'm a bit curious/worried about those achievements too.

*Edit: Every so often, I get on RMW, and consider posting this script there.

That's on me. I was sick and am getting around to it. I've got an active reminder on my desktop that I see every time I look at it. >.<;
Corfaisus
Sometimes the stupid horseshit that pops up on Facebook between my friends' posts pulls through for me.

Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Kartia for the Playstation is a weird game. Unless I'm missing something, the game doesn't allow you to grind. But, grinding is like absolutely necessary if you don't want to die a horrible death.

See, as far as I can tell from the first several missions, is that the most valuable resource is experience.

You see, on maps you're allowed to summon rock paper scissors enemies - but these are only temporary and steal experience. If you rely solely on these units, your main party gets nada in terms of experience - and the AI knows this and wants to absolutely murder your main characters.

It's just so bizarre because the game is obviously set up in such a way as to MAKE you play using the summoned creatures, but it's actually a much better idea to delete them completely and only use your main characters.
Last night's debate was the story of a cheeto on its quest to jump on every landmine laid by its opponent and then some. Hillary played Donald like a fucking champ and I can't wait for the next one.
author=Davenport

His answers were honest to him in the moment, sure. Unfortunately, they were often objectively untrue. Cutting taxes for the rich isn't going to increase jobs "bigly." Stop and Frisk won't lower crime--which, by the way, is already pretty damn low despite media inflation--but it will be a huge privacy violation and make the poor--especially minorities--feel more like second class citizens and will increase racial tensions instead of magically decrease them as Trump proposed. Renegotiating trade deals would just be another Brexit--a ton of policy work that's already functioning well and will probably result in an unstable market, international ill will, and little gains. Most of his discussion, though, was him saying things that should infuriate you, like he doesn't pay income tax or he would literally bomb an Iranian boat because some of its occupants were taunting Americans.

Say what you want about Hillary's trustworthiness; if half of her policies get through, America would be infinitely better off than being under control of that moronic caricature of a billionaire.