WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Probably because Aveyond is a boring-ass game with very little in the way of polish and interesting ideas. I watched an LP of one of them just the other week and... I'd have expected that someone who has been making games as long as they have to have, idk, upped their game and skill a bit more? They haven't. If that's your idea of successful, that's cool, but it's not the kind of game make design I'd recommend adhering too because, frankly, it's lazy.

Again, it's cool that they are making money hand over fist, but it's also kinda sad to see that people really will buy any old piece of 'meat'. We should really push to get some better games up on Steam.

That said, I'm happy for you. I didn't enjoy Skyborn that much, but I did buy it to support a fellow RMN dev and I gave it a good hour spin. Granted, I played it way ages ago. Maybe I could try it again. I've got an RM stream owed so I might play it again then, since I did only get an hour into it.

So, I'm babysitting today. I love my niece and all but holy moly do I see a lot of her, especially in the past week. XD
And she'll want to watch that terrible Dirt Girl World and Peppa Pig (almost wrote Peppe Pig - the rarest Pepe). I'm gonna try get her onto something a bit more bearable like MLP:FIM or something. Wish me luck!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Harmonic, it's hard to be happy for you when every single post you've made in the past year is either an attack on this website, a list of things that make you great, or thanking someone for commenting on your game pages. You don't seem to need or want anyone else to be happy for you, you've got that covered all on your own and would rather hunt down your enemies to fight with them.

(Not denying that Corfaisus was being a dickweed to you, though.)

I don't know what you used to post about here in the past, but personally my entire impression of you doesn't go beyond "person who used to be a member a long time ago, but now passionately hates everything about the RPG Maker community."
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Yay! I used to love that show. Good luck Libby! (Psst, maybe watch Pokémon Anime with her?)

#dogges

Yes I haven't slept and I'm still hyper and it's like 3:30am! Yay!
(= ̄ ρ ̄=) ..zzZZ
(^∇^)
☆〜(ゝ。∂)

Kloe no sleep time! Woooooo!
LET'S HAVE A PARTY!! Yay!
(Damn I should really eat less sweets before bed jeez >.<)

I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight, haha! Go Kloe!
(=´∀`)人(´∀`=)
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Ratty524
Yeah you're right, harmonic. I personally can't stand to see others succeed particularly when the person succeeding a closet-bigot who craps out a slew of average games and responds to any criticism with paragraphs worth of disdain with the sole goal of reaffirming their ill-founded complacency as a creative. It's quite an embarrassment to the RPG Maker community at large, as if the community wasn't embarrassing enough.

Does that remind you of someone, by the way?

I've never succeeded and you know it.

author=harmonic
"Average" - 520,000 Skyborn installs on Steam alone.

Let's be fair, at least half of those installs were handed out for free. Sounds pretty middle-of-the-road (or "average", if you will) if you ask me.

Proof, proof, and more proof (and comments, if that's your thing).

"One of the best RPGMaker games i've ever played" says Mr_3raqi.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=harmonic
author=Ratty524
typical RMN garbage post #5billion
"Slew" - 4 games in 7 years.
"Creative complacency" - Entire soundtracks, one for each game, by me. First game's entire battle system evented by me. Every game most pixel art by me. Professional artists recruited and paid by me. Professional relationships developed and fostered by me.

Can't you just be happy for me? :D

Let's not forget two developers who have made way more games than I have for even longer than I have - Amaranth and Aldorlea. Praised and respected by myself and most everyone outside of RMN. Yet, they get shit on here. I remember how much flak this community was giving Aveyond - oh how much you could have learned from Amanda's success.

ROFL you are so full of it!

fyi did you know that I've recently taken to distancing myself from this community? My words come from someone "outside of RMN" in that regard, sir.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
When you feel confident uploading a game only to watch someone play it and discover a potentially experience-ruining oversight and the realization sets in that it's been gathering downloads for weeks now.

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
harmonic
Let's not forget two developers who have made way more games than I have for even longer than I have - Amaranth and Aldorlea. Praised and respected by myself and most everyone outside of RMN. Yet, they get shit on here. I remember how much flak this community was giving Aveyond - oh how much you could have learned from Amanda's success.

we have expectations
unity
You're magical to me.
author=harmonic
"Creative complacency" - Entire soundtracks, one for each game, by me. First game's entire battle system evented by me. Every game most pixel art by me. Professional artists recruited and paid by me. Professional relationships developed and fostered by me.

You're yet another helpful example of "popular" and "quality" failing to overlap. You're the 50 Shades of Grey of RPG Maker. The fact that you can't take criticism, constantly sing your own praise and treat others like garbage makes it impossible to "just be happy for you."
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
eating seeds as a pastime activity

the toxicity of our community
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Wow, I've never heard Unity say anything bad about ANYONE. When she's telling you to unfuck your shit, that's gotta be when you really know you've fucked some shit up.
I came here because I heard people were pissing and moaning none-too-subtly about my existence on slack (which, Infection, before you act all aggrieved at me please remember that my big issue with you was when you kept doing transphobic shit because you didn't like what I was saying), but stayed because of yet another big self-important speech from a shovelware developer with more gossamer-thin pride than his work could possibly merit

it is the easiest and laziest thing in the world to meet criticism or disagreement and just go 'oh well obviously that other person is just crazy'

this applies to both the subjects I am addressing in this post
anyway suffice it to say that I could not be happier that the slack does not reflect this community like it used to

and if it does indeed become the big critical trans jamboree you all seem to be fearing then all the better, because in spite of your increasingly shaky assertions that all problems are in the eye of the beholder, there's a reason this forum has been losing members of marginalized groups left and right and holding onto an intensely conservative core

e: also pom gets wifi was made nearly three years ago and you all still get mad about it? and wonder why people like the creator, who made a quick weird game for fun and got made a pariah for its popularity, don't show up as much anymore?
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
author=harmonic
author=Ratty524
typical RMN garbage post #5billion

Ratty did in fact leave basically, and I wont go into thew implications of him posting despite that. Needless to say though, by using that number here and now, you're saying that every single post on this site is garbage, even your own past posts! (Yes I know what hyperbole is and I think I'm well within reason to make use of it myself).

Uses hyperbole but doesn't understand when someone else uses it. Figures.

"Number of installs" is a shitty metric. I'd rather hear you brag about the wealth its brought you.

"Creative complacency" - Entire soundtracks, one for each game, by me. First game's entire battle system evented by me. Every game most pixel art by me.
Post a link to your resume then. No one wants to hear your bragging.

Professional artists recruited and paid by me. Professional relationships developed and fostered by me.
Was it desperate and faustian deals that drew them in? Do they know about the shit you do here? Are we and have we always been you toilet to shit in so to speak?

To quote Geese Howard; "You're not worth my disgust."

Let's not forget two developers who have made way more games than I have for even longer than I have - Amaranth and Aldorlea.
Didn't Amaranth go under? Aldorlea has a rep for shovelware among other things.

Praised and respected by myself and most everyone outside of RMN.
Writing this off as yet more hyperbole.

Yet, they get shit on here.
And for good reason! Though to be fair, I can think of a certain team that deserves the combined flak those 2 have received (kisareth anyone?).

I remember how much flak this community was giving Aveyond - oh how much you could have learned from Amanda's success.

Define "success".
Kloe
Ummmss... how about instead of fighting about it we just talk about cute dogs and how I kinda fell on my face at school... that's what I'm thinking about! :D
But what if you fall on your face because a cute dog tripped you? ;-;

@ harmonic gangbang

We can all agree that harmonic's not the James Cameron of the RM presence on Steam, but isn't his success exactly what many of you are trying to emulate? Surpass, certainly, but without the right stuff at the right time, his position is kind of it.
Particularly you, Corf, with your recent transition of ToZ from freeware to commercial.
Kloe
I didn't, I wish there were cute dogges at school though!
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Dyhalto
@ harmonic gangbang
We can all agree that harmonic's not the James Cameron of the RM presence on Steam, but isn't his success exactly what many of you are trying to emulate? Surpass, certainly, but without the right stuff at the right time, his position is kind of it.
Particularly you, Corf, with your recent transition of ToZ from freeware to commercial.

Having a measure of success doesn't give anyone carte blanche privilege to act like an asshole, nor does it mean they deserve respect they haven't earned. One can be a huge success on Steam but still a poor developer if they cannot even take constructive crisism (and has to respond to such with petty insults).
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
What did ya trip over, Kloe? lol