author=Mirak
I like my current ms number.

But theres a much better number than 24
42 is the answer to life
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
...and everything?
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
author=Phantasmi
author=Mirak
But i like mine because it's mine.

Now that i think about it, a slight variant of that previous sentence was my reply everytime my friends or family would tell me that i could find someone prettier than my ex gf.
Vandriette
"The purpose of life is to end." -Agent Smith
author=Mirak
author=Phantasmi
author=Mirak
But i like mine because it's mine.

Now that i think about it, a slight variant of that previous sentence was my reply everytime my friends or family would tell me that i could find someone prettier than my ex gf.

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
So, my dad had a stroke.
author=Corfaisus
I'm ashamed of this community. It's no wonder people are leaving. Roden, I don't blame you. Luchino, I agree with you. Blindmind, you're my brother.

Amen brotha

I never agreed with most of what Corf posted (lol) and I don't wanna beat a dead horse/rehash anything, but it's a bit disappointing to see him leave RMN...over, what exactly? Why was this situation handled so badly?

Are members here not allowed to discuss the merits of Indie Projects or RPGMaker Games without developers or moderators taking the criticisms to be a personal attack? Is that not why we're here? Nothing he said was actually directly at Me-Patra... last time I checked, verbalizing a criteria of quality wasn't against the rules. Compared to how harsh people were in the community ten years ago, this is negligable.

Quite frankly I don't think he's the only one who felt like it was an insult to the more serious developers on this site that POM continues to rule the front page for what's been...now years and years at this point.
Except he didn't leave. He was banned for bad behaviour. I'm sure he'll be back in January when the ban expires.
Oh, shoot. I hope he forgets my evil doppleganger comment by then.

author=Blindmind
Quite frankly I don't think he's the only one who felt like it was an insult to the more serious developers on this site that POM continues to rule the front page for what's been...now years and years at this point.
Yeah, I agree with this too.
I think that after a certain point, admins (just admin?) have to step in and say "enough is enough" and just flag it as ineligible.

As I say this, Pom isn't buzzing. Oh, the irony.

author=pianotm
So, my dad had a stroke.
That sucks. I hope he comes out of it okay :|
Makes sense. I never would of guessed it though given one of his earlier comments here saying that he was leaving. I don't know why he got so defensive but at least he'll have time to calm down and think things through now.

@piano: I'm sure he'll recover. My own dad is far worse off as he has been cursed by bad luck. He's had a stroke in the past, has heart problems and is on blood thinners and other various medications, back problems, several wrecks (none being his fault, and one of those being dragged along the interstate by one of those giant delivery trucks because he was in their blind spot), being crushed by a 10 ton tanker years ago when he worked at purity and possibly other things I can't remember. Despite all that, he's still able to get around fine even if tasks often leave him hurt. Point is, given my dads horrible luck and the fact he's not near as bad off as he should be...I think your dad will be fine. He probably won't be the same, but he'll recover.

Edit: Actually the 10 ton tanker doesn't make sense. Thinking about it further I think it was actually something to do with milk crates given the company.
To give a idea of what FT3 was like (at the time I played it years ago)..it's game play is what made up some of the hours because you're constantly grinding just to get past some of the difficult bosses in the game, I especially didn't like how he handled the elemental powers in the game since it was a grindfest just to power something up. The story itself had a good idea, but the endless questionable dialogue really hurt it. At the time I should not have praised it for certain things, but that was my younger self, and I didn't know better when it came to game design.

Since then he has supposedly done a incredible amount of changes to FT3, and his other projects. I'm quite surprised he has been this dedicated for as long as he has been.

If I remember correctly, I stopped at the point where I got to the Throne Room of this big baddie, but the game screwed up on me by giving me a game-breaking bug, I got so pissed off that I dropped the game. So many hours wasted, and the game decided to take a shit on me..oh man I was not happy that day.
Yo! How's everyone tonight/today/whatever-the-hell time it is where you are?

Man, I've a lot on my mind but nothing too amazing. Had a buddy of mine in the UK propose that he and I start a YouTube gaming channel where we do co-op games from the PS4 and Steam, and apparently we have the same style of humor (which...is...hard to describe)

So, hopefully going to get started on that come the new year. Might be fun. Other than that?

Kinda just wanting to throw a huge e-hug at all you glorious bastards for no other reason than because why not? :P

So. Take muh hug. TAKE IT. (or not, that's cool. Coffee and donuts are in the back of the room - help yourself.)
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
if you don't want pom on the front page because it's an "insult," make something and advertise it enough to get it buzzing. rmn isn't garnering enough outside attention on its own, obviously, so go out there and throw your game at people. it's how i got thousands of downloads, as did dark gaia, calunio, me-patra, ronove, harmonic, salierus, etc. =|
Vandriette
"The purpose of life is to end." -Agent Smith
author=Sated
Craze is right. I don't like the game, but it is popular and that's what the "Buzzing" section is for.

That said, I've always thought that "Highly Rated" should have more prominence than "Buzzing", but that's a completely different issue and has little to do with one specific game dominating the "Buzzing" section.

Whats wrong with pom buzzing? o:
That game has been around ever since I first joined RMN xD
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
People are jealous, that's all.

Which is dumb because it's not a competition. People who come to the site to play Pom also find out that the site has other games and play some of those.
^
Yup. And it's not that bad a game, frankly. Especially for a first game (it's actually really well done for a first game!) It has a very interesting and bright, cheery graphical style which is why it draws in a large crowd (and dogs. Cute dogs. Cute dogs who talk smack.)

I should finish my LP of it.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=pianotm
So, my dad had a stroke.

Just saw this, and somewhat being reminded of my own father who passed away, what, two years ago?

My thoughts are with you.