WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Well I got to watch Star Wars Episode VIII last night. For those who were saying "it's going to be a rehash of Empire Strikes Back", have no fear, it is nothing at all like it.

Also, this was probably the first big blockbuster movie I've seen in years that the internet has not somehow spoiled for me ahead of time. I pretty much stayed off of most every website ever since premiere night. EP VII got spoiled for me from admins from a random message board (they changed every topic title to spoilers... jerks). So yeah, that's my new method: go offline until I actually see the movie.

For those who haven't seen it, better to go watch it sooner than later. I started browsing through a lot of YouTube videos about it yesterday and there's tons of videos where the commentator is like, "Okay guys, just a warning there's some spoilers here and MASSIVE PLOT BOMB DROP OH SORRY WAS THAT TOO QUICK?". So yeah, stay away from videos about it.
@Gredge109 Stah Wahs spoilers of course:
The structure and point of the movie is very similar to Empire in that the good guys are losing and there's a lot of story splitting between 2 or 3 moments of the story. There's an apprentice going to a remote planet to get training from an unwilling teacher (doesn't quite go as planned though). You have a neutral Lando equivalent that ends up helping the bad guys. At some point though, it actually felt like Return of the Jedi which veered it it off from the formula and then it started to feel like its own thing. I see a lot of people saying the movie is taking risks? But the staples are pretty much still there, it just makes a lot of adjustments. But yeah it's not as mouldy as I thought it would be.

I think Kylo Ren is still one of the most interesting aspects of the newer movies but my main problem is I don't really see the underdog aspect of the resistance now that Snopes is dead and Rey clearly defeated Kylo Ren in 7 and he's still just as reckless and irrational as ever. 9 really has to convince me that Rey is unable to defeat Kylo unless she does a drastic change or there's something more complicated going on between them to make it interesting. But 8 did it's job in making me look forward to 9 so there's that I guess.
@Darken MASSIVE STAR WARS SPOILERS!!! DO NOT CLICK!!!

I felt Rian Johnson's approach was a lot different than I thought it would be. I can see allusions to Empire Strikes Back, nowhere in the movie did I feel like, "Yeah this is totally Episode 5", whereas in The Force Awakens, I couldn't shake the feeling I was watching A New Hope. I feel JJ Abrahms played it way safe, whereas Rian Johnson... didn't play it safe at all. In fact he almost seems to poke fun at the viewers over and over again.

Rian almost seems to take fan-fiction from TFA, throw it at the viewers, then laugh in their faces (e.g., Reylo "force-texting", allusions to Darth Revan and the grey jedi logo, Rey supposedly glimpsing into the dark side, etc.). Some stuff Rian did made me shrug. The heck was up with that gaping hole in Atch-to (sp?)? What did it lead to? What was down there? Rey enters that crystal dimension which revealed... absolutely nothing? And then Rey starts narrating her experience down there as if she's in the future looking back... where in the world is she speaking from, chronologically? Some of Rian's decisions left me confused.

I do see Rey and Kylo as evenly matched at this point (with the whole struggle over Vader's saber). Rey's really cool, one of my favorite characters in fact... but I feel Rian used her mainly to build up Kylo in this movie. Kylo is, hands down, my favorite character in the movie development-wise. He has the most growth and the story firmly plants him in the dark side.

Rian does tie it up all nice and neat, leaving the next director to take it where ever he pleases, which I'm guessing will start with a six-month time gap for the First Order and Rebellion to catch their breath again (a 'la Return of the Jedi).

I really liked it. I think it's a spectacular movie, but as a Star Wars movie, this didn't scratch the itch. I'm definitely looking forward to part 9, and to be honest, I'm rather excited JJ Abrahms will be taking the reins again.

Star Wars is boring, let's talk about the new Harry Potter book leak instead:

it's text generated by a bot that was fed all of the harry potter books
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
God damn was that stupid.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
I have to wonder if those who hated SW8 can be satisfied with anything. Good flick.
I am waiting for the full release of The Last Jedi but let us quite not talk about it too much i also saw Force Awakens and i wanted to get Jedi Training Rey so bad in Galaxy of Heroes

I am still by the same name on that game and when i have time for Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes i will post my clan here
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I think I have to mess with my UGE module for Heroes 3 again. More specifically, hero data. I don't want to get into too many details (unless you really want me to), but, suffice to say, I've UGEd heroes to have Armageddon, and use it for who-knows-how-long, yet, I've seen instances of the spellbook wiping itself. I can't quite determine why this occurs (I suspect it has something to do with visiting a Mage Guild), only that I know that the data is in two places, and I'd probably be better off setting both data points to "true" to save myself the headache of needing to re-UGE heroes when it's already a headache to UGE Heroes 3 to begin with.

Though, by doing so, hero data would expand from 233 lines (which is enough for one module file to contain the data for four heroes), to 303 lines (which is not ;_;).
My clan was Endarkened of the Force something like that in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes you can find me as a Level 85 Person i am also currently playing Fire Emblem Heroes

Who Plays Fire Emblem Heroes? I start a new game again and my ID Number is:

Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Listening to the megaman x soundtracks in early anticipation for the X games coming to pc in 2018
Marrend
Something that's been bugging me for a while is where are all the downloads and views of Heartache come from that it's getting such near-constant buzz? I mean, it's not Pom levels of buzz where it's in the #1 slot for ages on end, but, it's still a mystery to me. I'm vaguely aware that flowerthief posted the game in multiple RPG Maker sites, and it has an entry on VNDB. However, the last known activity on those sites seen to be back when the game was still in the demo-phase?
@Marrend Maybe it's just getting a large number of visitors that don't say anything? I think Buzz is affected by that!

I have finished my first semester of college! That's... something! I didn't expect it to end so quickly so I'm eyeing the rest of my time in college suspicously. It's not slipping away on my watch.

My only complaint is I'm still the same. What gives where's my personality glo up
Marrend
I'm aware it has to be getting either a lot of downloads, views, or a combination of the two, since I'm not receiving notices. The question I'm asking is where they are all coming from? How do they learn of it's existence in the first place? Though, I suppose the article kentona wrote explains that a little bit.
@Marrend Yeah, I had just read kentona's article when I replied. XD I think that explains it!
Happy Nude Year, folks! :o

I'm thinkin that I hope this year is a lot more productive for me than the last one or two or three.
Anyways, I'm gonna go back to productively watching 80s/90s anime schlock OVAs.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Wondering when the last review jam was...
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
In the process of getting off my ass and working on my game. I haven't finished an area I started planning years ago while I was still employed.
You know how newbs complain about waiting for a game page to be accepted? I get it :/ I reeeealy want to start posting blogs and stuff!

But for now I'll just hang out in my Starfleet issue hot tub.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
You can always join us on Discord and show off some screenshots.

Coming soon...

....The next Kids Design The Darndest Things event