WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I've been studying story and dialogue lately in a deep way. Considering writing an article about it; but then thinking to myself... How about you utilize the learnings and truly come to grips with it before trying to share with the class.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=Dudesoft
I've been studying story and dialogue lately in a deep way. Considering writing an article about it; but then thinking to myself... How about you utilize the learnings and truly come to grips with it before trying to share with the class.

Actually, forcing yourself to write/say something in a way that understandably teaches others knowledge is one of the best ways to make sure you really understand that knowledge yourself.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
i remember when this thread reached 1000 pages oh my god it's almost at 2000
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
I keep reading phrases like "Parallax Mapping" and "REFMAP" and each time I think "The hell is that? How come I've never tried to do it, what are the benefits of whatever these are? How do you know they even exist!?"

Then I realize I've been reading such phrases for the past 5 years and asking myself these questions and I still don't know what they mean
do I even RPGmaker!?
I was confused by parallax mapping at first too until I realized it was rm dev lingo talking about the technical implementation rather than the final product
parallax mapping is basically using parallaxes and images in addition to tiles in order to add a more detailed aspect to maps. The reason it's called Parallax is because that was the name of the under-tile map backgrounds you could add, and they're usually used as floors in said mapping type. One of the best games to come from Parallax mapping is Sunset Over Imdahl - which used images, tiles and parallaxes to create a visual masterpiece.

Nowdays it is in reference to people using background images and overlay pictures in place of tiles to add clutter and non-grid-bound imagery to their maps. For example, drawing pathing that would not be possible if using grid-bound tiles.

REFMAP is another name for Mack tiles. It has a few names.
Me, fielding unsolicited emails from RMN at least 3 times a week:

"Hi!

We are a hobbyist website for RPG creators run entirely by volunteers. You are completely free to create an account submit articles to your heart's content, but we do not have any paid positions or gigs.

Thanks,
Kenton Anderson"

so many aspiring writers
Dudesoft
I don't want to be a panhandler, however we're in a tight spot... Our big dog attacked our little dog. The whole thing is a nightmare, and came out of nowhere. Needless to say, we are not financially prepared for this sort of thing. My gf is trying to raise money for the situation. Anyone who could help is amazing.

Toshiro's Fund Campaign
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

it seems the campaign is going well. i hope you get what you all need, dudesoft.
author=kentona
Me, fielding unsolicited emails from RMN at least 3 times a week:

"Hi!

We are a hobbyist website for RPG creators run entirely by volunteers. You are completely free to create an account submit articles to your heart's content, but we do not have any paid positions or gigs.

Thanks,
Kenton Anderson"

so many aspiring writers

I've gotten a few like that and I tell them basically the same but they never ended up doing any articles despite getting the go-ahead. What exactly do they want us to say in order for them to do the thing?
Seiromem
author=Liberty
What exactly do they want us to say in order for them to do the thing?

"We'll give you money."
author=Dudesoft
I don't want to be a panhandler, however we're in a tight spot... Our big dog attacked our little dog. The whole thing is a nightmare, and came out of nowhere. Needless to say, we are not financially prepared for this sort of thing. My gf is trying to raise money for the situation. Anyone who could help is amazing.

Toshiro's Fund Campaign

poor puppers!

That really sucks for everybody and I'm glad the campaign is working out so well, I'll throw some in tonight after work. The decision of what to do with Kali couldn't have been easy either :(
author=Seiromem
author=Liberty
What exactly do they want us to say in order for them to do the thing?
"We'll give you money."

exactly.

I ignore them until they send their 3rd or 4th followup email and then like "Yeah, go hard! submit all the articles you want brah! you aint getting paid shit tho"
Seiromem
I've come to realize mafia is just a collective conspiracy to inflate post count.
There is no other possible reason.
None.
Dudesoft
author=GreatRedSpirit
author=Dudesoft

Toshiro's Fund Campaign
poor puppers!

That really sucks for everybody and I'm glad the campaign is working out so well, I'll throw some in tonight after work. The decision of what to do with Kali couldn't have been easy either :(

We love Kali as much as Toshiro. The choice was bleak, but the ending is happy. A guy with an animal sanctuary said he's willing to take Kali in and let her live there. She's going to have a good life, I hope. Much better than the unthinkable.
That's good but still bittersweet, I hope Toshiro recovers quickly and Kali likes the sanctuary.
author=Seiromem
I've come to realize mafia is just a collective conspiracy to inflate post count.
None.

...he posts in the topic that has no purpose other than to inflate post counts
Seiromem
author=kentona
author=Seiromem
None.
...he posts in the topic that has no purpose other than to inflate post counts

I have to counter-attack somehow