WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=ivoryjones
Long time no see peeps. Back to reality after a year of working holiday in Australia. :( I miss Straya so much. Uluru, Queensland, Cairns, Darwin, NT...so many places to see, so little time! :'(

Tasmania still remains as my favorite road trip out of all the ones I did when I was there! The Great Ocean Road was fun too and the Grampians was the best hiking we did e-vah~

Oh and FUCK DO I MISS MELBOURNE T____T

Next time, maybe... Canada?? :D

Welcome back, stranger...Melbourne is pretty rad. I miss it too, although I didn't spend as much time there as I liked...

I'm trying to decide whether to stay in London working a job I hate in an city I like, versus moving to Manchester working a job I COULD like in a city I don't like.

Basically work-to-live versus live-to-work....
Playing FFXIV I've come to realize I have a love/hate relationship with this game, I do love some of the hardcore gaming as much as the casual to it...but

Sometimes I think Yoshi P. needs to chill with the masochist shit, one in particular being Heaven on High.

Seriously, he thought it was a good idea to have that kind of setup for a solo run? There is a good reason very few people ever completed Palace of the Dead and Heaven on High. Sometimes I really think Yoshi P. is a total hack of a Developer that takes the Masochist way out for most of his content and especially Savage Raids which can be ridiculous at times.
author=ivoryjones
Long time no see peeps. Back to reality after a year of working holiday in Australia. :( I miss Straya so much. Uluru, Queensland, Cairns, Darwin, NT...so many places to see, so little time! :'(

Tasmania still remains as my favorite road trip out of all the ones I did when I was there! The Great Ocean Road was fun too and the Grampians was the best hiking we did e-vah~

Oh and FUCK DO I MISS MELBOURNE T____T

Next time, maybe... Canada?? :D

I'll wave to you as you drive by!
When you spend an hour mopping and vacuuming only for doge to get in mud and track it everywhere

;;;.;;;
kentona
hey wanna be super depressed?
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/01/magazine/climate-change-losing-earth.html

It's hard to be depressed reading this, mostly cause I've read it before, I know it, and I've gotten used to seeing nothing done about it.

The good news is that when our species destroys itself, the world will almost certainly live on without us. Better that it does, for if this is the best we can do then we never deserved it at all.

EDIT:

I should take a moment to say something personal regarding the scary, hopeless feeling of how quickly its beginning to show itself, too. This Summer in NFLD has been brutal, but it barely even started until July. We couldn't hold on to snow during the winter months, either. The entire year has been weird.

But now, in the depths of Summer, its gotten startlingly weird, fast. There's too many completely cloudless, baking in the sun type days. Too much humidity, not enough rain. No thunder. Temperatures are always around 25-35, when back as a child 27 would have been considered a really hot day.

I don't want to lose the Earth. I don't want to see my home province get screwed up by this either. But I feel like I can't do anything, if even the most powerful countries on Earth don't care about saving the planet they live on.
author=kentona
hey wanna be super depressed?
already am, thanks.

Cloned from the other What are you thinking about? thread:

More people should comment on reviews. I know they are the givers of feedback, but reviewers want to get feedback too.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
The only feedback I want in my reviews is the one from the dev who made the game I did the review for.
Mirak
The only feedback I want in my reviews is the one from the dev who made the game I did the review for.

Essentially this. On a site this small with this type of focus, the reviewer-dev dialogue is basically the entire point of the comment section on reviews.
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
I mean yeah, after all this is a site for developers and reviews should be more useful for devs, but it's actually a good thing to see other people interested in any sort of news, review, media that is going to be uploaded for your game.

Also, as we are all devs (most of us anyway), confronting each other is what this community should be all about. So, discussing in the comment section of a review, whether is just reviewer-dev or reviewer-multiple devs, could prove useful and give more than one point of view on certain matters.
ESBY
extreme disappointment
i'm going to leave feedback on the review of the review
Mirak
When I said I only want the dev of the game to give feedback to my review, I was addressing stormcrow's claim that all reviewers want feedback on their reviews, and That is something I personally don't get.

I have never extracted any sort of useful information from randos coming in to reviews not written for them to inform me that my own subjective opinion of a game is wrong... Somehow. I've also never found any usefulness in people coming to praise the review because they agreed with it.

I mean, cool that you took the time to expose your own opinion of the game in someone else's review, but if you were going to do that, you might as well have submitted a review yourself. After all, for the purpose of the review (as in, the point of writing a review in the first place, which is to give your own personal take on what the game made you feel), I don't personally care if someone enjoyed the game when I didn't, or if they had a different interpretation of the events in the game, or anything like that, and people informing me that my review made them think so and so and so matters little since I will certainly not re-review the game, or modify the review that I already submitted, since when I wrote it I was putting the feelings and thoughts I felt while playing the game with no outside influence to tint my thoughts. Modifying it afterwards is soiling that very valuable first experience.

Or maybe I'm getting it wrong and just can't see the appeal of discussing a review you made of someone else's game. I can sort of see some very isolated cases where it could prove fruitful, and in the case of the Dev, looking at people discuss the points might even prove valuable, but FOR THE REVIEWER there is little to take from that. In most instances the only valuable reply to a review I wrote comes from the dev themselves and very rarely, if ever, out of the fingers of someone who has nothing to do with the project.

Must be fault of writing reviews based on enjoyment and emotion rather than based on technical aspects that i don't really care about.
Mirak
https://www.pluralist.com/posts/1824-millennial-couple-bikes-through-isis-territory-to-prove-humans-are-kind-and-gets-killed/partners/44450

I wonder why whoever wrote the article felt it was necessary to point out that they were vegan and vegetarian.
author=Mirak
https://www.pluralist.com/posts/1824-millennial-couple-bikes-through-isis-territory-to-prove-humans-are-kind-and-gets-killed/partners/44450I wonder why whoever wrote the article felt it was necessary to point out that they were vegan and vegetarian.

I mean the site seems like a big bunch of garbage, but even despite that I imagine its just to try and paint them as being more liberal/naieve/stupid etc

You know how it is. You gotta get all your hits in there.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
"An idealistic"

I'm done reading. I'll now dissect everything wrong with what I read.

Millennial
While not necessarily indicative of intellect, it just so happens that this happened to the newer set.

Couple
More than one? Oh God...

Bikes
No protection

Near ISIS Territory
Violent extremists?

to Prove
Always a bad M.O.

‘Humans Are Kind’
Hypothesis

and Gets Killed
Result

"Evil is a make-believe concept we've invented
We've invented a lot of useful things, us humans.

to deal with the complexities of fellow humans."
If you're wearing a shirt telling the world what you are, it's no longer complex.

And isn't it strange that it's the vegan/vegetarian group that doesn't seem to understand that humans are just more socially sophisticated animals and that animals are ruthless killing machines who exist solely to survive and reproduce? Trust me, if we had hostile plants (oh wait, we do), nobody would think twice about sparing them, because for some reason ignoring the danger makes the world a better place. Case in point.

"The way we treat animals like cows and chickens in order to eat them is inhumane!" You know, because stalking someone and when they get up to go away, you chase after them, take them to the ground and let them watch you while you eat them alive is so much better. I just described "the hunt", a behavior that happens every day in NATURE.

EDIT: Actually, I'll continue reading because I'm sure there are other things worth mentioning...

“I’ve missed too many sunsets while my back was turned.
It's pretty easy to calculate the average time of a sun set given the positioning of the Earth's surface relative to the Sun (relative also to you). Besides, have you ever actually sat around long enough to watch a sunset or sunrise? It takes forever and it's totally not worth it.

Too many thunderstorms went unwatched, too many gentle breezes unnoticed.”
I'm sure you heard them, though, and noticed them when the power went out. You didn't see lightning tear across the sky? There's Google for that.

Also no amount of working a day job is going to numb you to the point of not being able to feel wind on your face.

“People, the narrative goes, are not to be trusted. People are bad. People are evil."

“I don’t buy it," he continued.
And now you're dead. Because people.

Generous and wonderful and kind.”
Those generous, wonderful and kind terrorists.

Two days later, ISIS released a video showing the same men sitting in front of the group's black flag. They looked at the camera and vowed to kill "disbelievers," ​according to The New York Times.
Look, they use Instagram just like us! They must be good people.

Some liberals, for their part, view Austin and Geoghegan as simply unfortunate.

No, inadvertently stubbing your toe because of a lapse of judgment on how far away you are from any given object is unfortunate. A bird swooping down and taking your sandwich after you stepped out for your lunch break is unfortunate. Having said bird shit on your shirt before swooping down and taking your sandwich is unfortunate.

Getting yourself killed by skirting the line with armed, bloodthirsty people because you think "maybe they won't hurt me" isn't unfortunate, it's stupid. Did they deserve it? No, but you need to take precaution when approaching or dealing with dangerous situations/substances. If there's a label that very clearly says that a substance will cause irritation if it comes in contact with skin and you squarely place your hand in it, I'm not going to feel sorry for you. The Darwin Award only goes to those who have truly earned it, and misfortune is never earned.

You'd still be alive today if you heeded the very obvious warning that I'm sure at least 98% of people in the world have written on their hearts. If you know that stove can equal hot, you'd be careful.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
author=Corfaisus
There's Google for that.

A Google image or even a video is absolutely not an equal replacement for actually standing outside, hearing the pouring rain yourself- Feeling the boom of the thunder as the lightning streaks across the sky- the entire freaking sky, not just the length of your video player- is something no youtube video or stock footage can replicate.
For the same reason you bother going to a concert, in a crowd of people packed like sardines and maybe smelling just as bad. You don't just listen to the music, you feel the energy of the performers and the audience that bring the experience far above what your speakers can replicate.

otherwise yeah, bright-eyes naivety is literally stabbed to death by reality.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I dunno, man... I've tried sleeping while being surrounded by the booming of thunder and the unevenness is something I'm not keen on reliving. I know right when I get nice and comfy, BOOM, and I jump. And I'm not talking that rumbling thunder, I mean the loud, popping kind. Makes me want to wrap my pillow around my head.

I've never gone to a legit concert (I don't include the weak performance at this anime convention I went to), though I have gone to see an orchestra perform at least twice in my life. I was most certainly there for the music, not the crowd.
Besides, have you ever actually sat around long enough to watch a sunset or sunrise? It takes forever and it's totally not worth it.

I have! And it's worth it!

Of course, the sunsets and sunrises are pretty spectacular here in Saskatchewan. It's like the one thing we got going for us. The thunderstorms and windstorms can be pretty epic too.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
author=Corfaisus
I dunno, man... I've tried sleeping while being surrounded by the booming of thunder and the unevenness is something I'm not keen on reliving. I know right when I get nice and comfy, BOOM, and I jump. And I'm not talking that rumbling thunder, I mean the loud, popping kind. Makes me want to wrap my pillow around my head.

Well, you don't get that same feeling from a video of a thunderstorm, do you?

I've never gone to a legit concert (I don't include the weak performance at this anime convention I went to), though I have gone to see an orchestra perform at least twice in my life. I was most certainly there for the music, not the crowd.

And I bet it sounded great, what with the acoustics of the theatre enhancing the orchestra's sound.

Point is, most things just offer more when seen/done in real life, whether what it offers is good or bad. It's something that should be appreciated, or at least acknowledged, not dismissed and assumed that you could get basically the same experience from a Simple Rick's Wafer Cookie.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
IT'S 6:37 AM AND IM HUNGRY BUT WERE OUT OF CUP NOODLES GOD FUCK ME