WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

author=ivoryjones
...finally got my visa for canada!

Thinking about whether to go after September when I finish the course or till December (after my cousin's wedding). Also still having a gigantic headache on where to make my first stop! Argh!!

My advice is that if you live in the US, leave immediately and move here.

At least you'll be living in a normally shitty first world country and not a comically shitty one lmao
Some of us are still trying to fight the good fight. Also it seems like a lot of work to move to another country, it's already a ton of work just to move within the same country.
Zakariya
Every misdeed has its own punishment, and every good deed has its reward.
Currently, I am puzzled by something; is there an easy way to create a Linux HDD volume that spans multiple drives?

In Windows, it's unbelievably and ridiculously simple, but this is one area where Linux doesn't seem particularly courteous...
author=Roden
author=ivoryjones
...finally got my visa for canada!

Thinking about whether to go after September when I finish the course or till December (after my cousin's wedding). Also still having a gigantic headache on where to make my first stop! Argh!!
My advice is that if you live in the US, leave immediately and move here.

At least you'll be living in a normally shitty first world country and not a comically shitty one lmao

I live in Hong Kong and it's only a 1-year working holiday visa. Given the protests that's been happening for the past couple of weeks, it's kinda tempting to go over there ASAP. Can't wait to try ice hockey, see the northern lights and whatnot :]
yeah what's happening in Hong Kong is kinda terrifying. From an outsider's point of view, it looks like a totalitarian state is trying to exert control and establish dominance on Hong Kong, by whatever means necessary. Like covertly hiring a gang and turning a blind eye to it...
author=kentona
yeah what's happening in Hong Kong is kinda terrifying. From an outsider's point of view, it looks like a totalitarian state is trying to exert control and establish dominance on Hong Kong, by whatever means necessary. Like covertly hiring a gang and turning a blind eye to it...

Someone who was in the metro filmed the white-shirted guys (thugs most likely hired by the gov/police like you said) beating up and throwing shit at the protesters inside (black-shirted people) while the police did nothing even though they saw the whole thing happening in front of their eyes.

Just the other day someone deliberately attacked the protesters using fireworks and a police officer was filmed throwing teargas at a group of reporters unprovoked.

Just type it in google and you'll find a bunch of videos of the cops attacking/shoving the protesters, even expat/elderly unprovoked. Hope Carrie Lam finally has the balls to face us before the deathtoll goes up ffs
author=Zakariya
Currently, I am puzzled by something; is there an easy way to create a Linux HDD partition that spans multiple drives?

I think you are confusing partition with volume.

Usually what you do on Linux is create multiple partitions (even on the same drive), and then set them as mountpoints. For instance, on my main machine /, /boot, and /usr are on my first drive (an SSD), and /home and /usr/local/ are on my second drive.
Zakariya
Every misdeed has its own punishment, and every good deed has its reward.
author=AlaskanEmily

I fixed the post, no need to worry there. XP

Usually what you do on Linux is create multiple partitions (even on the same drive), and then set them as mountpoints. For instance, on my main machine /, /boot, and /usr are on my first drive (an SSD), and /home and /usr/local/ are on my second drive.

Alrighty, and how different would this be for certain distributions?

Currently, I am using Linux Mint 19.1 (a far better choice than SteamOS, tbh).
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I don't think Hong-Kong has much of a chance. China is the most powerful country and consumerism of other countries like the USA directly depends on it. The Chinese government can do whatever they want and most of the world will turn a blind eye to them. And even if it doesn't the country is powerful enough to ignore them.
It's a tragedy.
author=Zakariya
author=AlaskanEmily
I fixed the post, no need to worry there. XP

Alrighty, and how different would this be for certain distributions?

Currently, I am using Linux Mint 19.1 (a far better choice than SteamOS, tbh).

All distros that I know of support manually choosing partitions and drives for mountpoints in their installers. It's a kernel thing, so all distros have it at some level. You can fix this later by manually changing the fstab file, which is what controls the default system mount points. You would also need to format and setup those partitions manually if you weren't using an installer.
Cap_H
I don't think Hong-Kong has much of a chance. China is the most powerful country and consumerism of other countries like the USA directly depends on it. The Chinese government can do whatever they want and most of the world will turn a blind eye to them. And even if it doesn't the country is powerful enough to ignore them.
It's a tragedy.

Hong Kong is probably fucked, yeah, like any modern small democracy or hell, even major democracies with the rise of right-wing extremism and ultranationalism. It's a bad time to want a reasonable government or to want to maintain rights.
I'm already excited for the Halloween event!
Is talking about game dev and theory the enemy of actually developing your game?

Yes, yes it is, dev talk eats up dev time, that was mostly a rhetorical question, the only non-rhetorical part is how much? And I'm only thinking about this because the last 90 minutes I was "working on my game" I was actually theorizing and opining and critiquing on this very webzone.
I'm wondering what's going on with the site name. What happened to rpgmaker.net? I figured it wouldn't be worth it to make an entire thread on it, but I am curious why it's been changed to icbruisers.com instead.
Edit:double post, because of course I have to come back with style. can you delete post? I forget
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Err... I think you may have a redirecting virus on your browser.

Also welcome back! If you feel like jumping right back into a mafia game, one is currently going on and I have a player who's looking for a replacement.
Lmao, that would explain a lot, though this is the first time it's happened and it was only with this site. Maybe it was some freak glitch.

Thanks for the welcome ,Jeroen :) Normally I'd be interested in joining, but I know I'd be too busy with classes to really play. Maybe next time.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Yeah, icbruisers comes up for me from time to time and Chrome won't let me go there. That's definitely a virus.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Oh I see, that martinis guy might be the one who coined that one rmn tagline "Take a hike, learn the hard way, then you can come back and play...my game.". I see why he'd want to delete that turbulent past considering he wants to use the same "word" for his projects in the present.