WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
People don't think anymore. Just sit on a commuter train scrolling down various feeds full of short silly dances and pictures of food and pets.

Gentle online activity like posting letters is mostly dead.

On a more serious note, I've been pondering about starting writing again. But I don't really know where to start. I don't feel super inspired or overflowing with interesting situations and characters. Maybe I can finish some older stuff or start with something lighter and by lighter I mean aliens.
Yeah, that's the problem I'm having as well. I'd like to practise more writing and character design but I find it hard to break out of that mindset where it needs to be part of a "project" or it needs to represent "progress" on something. I find it hard to just make things in a vacuum.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Agreed, it's hard for me as well to just write something short that is standalone and isn't part of a bigger project. I usually tend to want to attach it to any of the plethora of different projects I got going.

As for what I'm thinking about, I need a haircut. My hair falls out a lot once I have longer hair.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I'm thinking about why the heck a lot of games from 2008 are suddenly buzzing and were updated all at the same time. Is there some background server maintanence shenanigans stuff happening on the site?
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Are there around any Welsch rmners or people who've been to Wales? I've been considering going to Wales for an active vacation. The Cambrian Way peeked my attention, but it might take too long to walk it. I def want to visit Snowdonia and some post-industrial landscape. Gower and the Swansea area also look interesting, but maybe a little bit less distinctly Cambrian than some other parts of the Cantry. Anyway I would be happy to hear any tips.
Vietnam is out of reach both financially and time-wise, so this might be an alternative.
I'm thinking about how I'm gonna have my 3rd Japan trip since last month. :O
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Right now I'm thinking about, you guessed it: GAM MAK
Why am I so weak . . .
Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
Thinking about doing stuff again, mostly just to not look at social media.

Also gam mak. My sweet, sweet release.
Not looking at social media is always the correct decision
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Social media was a mistake.
author=Red_Nova
Social media was a mistake.

Forums are where it's at.

RMN 4ever.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
RMN 4ever.

Social media is temporary, gam mak is forever.
Right now I'm thinking about how I've just made this account in an effort to recapture that feeling I had of limitless possibilities when I was active on GamingW circa 2001-2003. I'm thinking about how the "communities" I've been using are nothing but toxic cesspits of terribleness and that this one seems pretty chill in comparison. I'm also thinking about making a peanut butter sandwich.
Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
author=Harusp3x
Right now I'm thinking about how I've just made this account in an effort to recapture that feeling I had of limitless possibilities when I was active on GamingW circa 2001-2003. I'm thinking about how the "communities" I've been using are nothing but toxic cesspits of terribleness and that this one seems pretty chill in comparison. I'm also thinking about making a peanut butter sandwich.

Discord and locked information communities: their effects on society.

If anything, recently, it feels like I'm better off just using forums or small interest group servers in general because having to deal with people who have no clue on how internet etiquette works feels like a pain in general. I just had a recent (still not yet exploded) disagreement with an associate in my organization and that alone alienated me that it's now wracking my brain. I'm an overthinker, so I tend to think of scenarios that are out of reach, and it ends up with me distancing for either a while or forever.

Plus, that organization has no one that shares the same interests as me. I thought that going into that org, I'd find a few more people that may have played more games. Turns out they're just players who'd trudge on gacha, competitive, or 'popular' games. I may have found a few kindred souls (outside of games), but it never extended to deep talks or what not. That, and one of my pet peeves is people flaunting their real-life money bought in-game skins as if it's a social status in their gaming communities. Generally haunting to see that kind of behavior becoming rampant.

Other than my long rant, I would also want a chocolate sandwich and a salted caramel macchiato in my desk. Even if I already ate said sandwich earlier.

P.S. Also welcome to the forums. I didn't notice you were a newcomer xd.
RMN hasn't changed much in a decade (my fault! I haven't dedicated time to revamping things like i should have). So uh i hope you find what you're looking for
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Government