IT'S HARD TO BE ORIGINAL IN THE INTRO FORUM...

Pages: 1
This is Gavaroc, stepping in to say hello. I'm not really a game maker of any kind, to be perfectly honest, nor have I the intention of trying it. The question then, and a fair one at that, would be 'Why the (expletive of your choice) are you here?' Well thank you for asking, kind imaginary figure!

First and foremost, I am someone who loves RPGs. Obviously. Were I someone who hated them, I'd have to be a pretty damn dedicated troll to sign up to a website just to spread hate. Thankfully, I'm not (Hoorah!). I'm here to play your wonderful games, and some of your less-than-wonderful ones if I should happen to make any poor download choices. I shall probably write reviews, as well, though from a consumer perspective rather than a fellow developer one.

Secondly, aaaand this is the main reason, I'm a Let's Player. You people are probably more likely to know that phrase than most people I talk to, but in case you don't - video playthroughs with audio commentary. I LP'ed from 2008-2010, theeen I stopped due to lack of willpower. The willpower's back! Sort of. It fluctuated for a while, I ALMOST started again in March last year but technical difficulties got too frustrating - (apologies, by the way, to Kentona. I'd told him via Youtube PM nearly a year ago that I was going to LP Hero's Realm but never managed to push past the recording problems and sooo never did.) As it stands, I'm firing it up again - though I do need to take care of some technical issues first. This time, however, I'm more dedicated so once it's all sorted, I would love to start with an LP of Hero's Realm, unless of course the good developer objects since I vanished on him last time. XD After that, I'd hope to LP quite a number of games from this site. If you guys find that you like what I'm doing, feel free to suggest games to me. If you're not fond of what I'm doing, then I shall certainly never LP a game without the developer's permission.

Other than that, what else is there to say of me? Well, I'm an aspiring writer, hence the RPG-love. Stories are the most appealing part to me in a game, and I've several stories of my own that I'll hopefully one day turn into something. Though not a game, since, well, tech-skills? Me? Ahaha. Ahaha. Ahahaha. No. My other passion is entertaining people, hence the LP'ing. I try to make the commentary funny, though I'm not going to judge my own work. When I get started again I shall inform this forum so you can see for yourself, if anyone in it happens to care. XD You don't have to, of course.

Now. That was probably far, far too long-winded to be healthy. This is why I commentate my videos. If I didn't, the subtitles would overtake the damn screen.
:o

I don't even really remember, sorry! I vaguely recall a few people saying that they'd LP Hero's Realm, but so far only 2 have followed through and 1 completed! The game is pretty damn long.

Anywho, welcome to RMN!
Good. :P I'd rather not be remembered for saying something and not doing it. XD

But better to be cautious and acknowledge than ignore it and result in annoying you. xD
Welcome to the forums! It's nice to have more Let's Players <3
We need more reviews and I bet the community would love to have feedback <:3c
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Welcome! like you I am no game maker but am fond of (good) rpgs (happened to have played some really interesting creative games that got me hooked), have a good time on rmn, as for reviews, they're extremely wanted here!
author=Gavaroc Fevinor
The question then, and a fair one at that, would be 'Why the (expletive of your choice) are you here?'
It is not so much like that, many people join the community for other reasons than creating games, This time I join to create stories and because I like the community, not because I wanted to create a game (although I have been thinking in creating one lately), take a look to chana, one of the most important users in our community due to his good participation in he forum (most of time very helpfull or supportive or even both) So feel free to do whatever you want, except of being a dedicated troll ;). Welcome to the community
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
(Thank you MrChearlie!)
Hiya, Gavarok! You...use the word "hence" alot. I'll probably love your lps! Well, as long as your voice and any other reoccuring sounds in them don't grate on me.
Thanks for the welcomes, good people! And it is excellent to see not -everyone- here is a developer. XD I'm the type to have an opinion on everything he does, so expect a lot of reviews every time I finish with a game. XD
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Hello Gavarok, I'm the forum's creepy douchebag, and welcome to RMN.
It's really nice to have more people willing to review our shitty and good games because there's an insane list of them.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Hey, reviews give you makerscore are helpful too! Bring 'em, Gavaroc!
Pages: 1