MY GAME'S IDENTITY HAS BEEN STOLEN

Pages: first 12 next last
Hi, everyone! Hima's here. Long time no see!
I've been away for so long. Been working and trying this and that. Anyway, a few months ago, I've decided to quit from being a research student and go full time indie game developer. Couldn't be any happier!

So I was thinking about remaking USG, the good old rmxp shmup game of mine. The thoughts of remaking it made me googled the game to collect review and thoughts of players that play the game. But then found this

Click Here

Apparently, someone submit the game to Desura's Indie Database. I was shocked and confused, because this is the first time something like this happen to me. I mean, I've heard of Art Theif, but not Game Theif!

I tired reporting the game as well as the user, but seems like report system would work only if the report count is high enough. I've also sent a message to the staff, but nothing happen yet. I posted a nice comment talking about how this is my game, but the guy deleted it(the one who stole my game's identity)

So I'd like to ask for help and suggestion. What should I do? Or if anyone has a Desura account, could you please help me reporting this game and this guy so that the staff will start some investigations?

Thank you
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Wow, really bad:/ I thought of putting in a word : weird site I'd say, to register you have to give your real name, age and gender?? Sorry, can't see how I can help...
How are we to know you're not attacking an innocent game?!
In all seriousness, I can't help, sorry...
author=Gourd_Clae

If you click my username, there should be a link to the list of the games I've made. Anyway, here it is : Game List
author=Gourd_Clae

He's legit guys. Hima use to be a regular on gamingw.net/saltw.net.
He definitely made this game. I suggest we all help him out in whatever way we can.
We should all report it D: poor hima!

EDIT: It seems that the game is archived now!
author=hima
author=Gourd_Clae
If you click my username, there should be a link to the list of the games I've made. Anyway, here it is : Game List

I was just kidding. Don't think I doubted you. Also, good to hear it's archived!
Thanks guys! It means. Lot to me :)

Though, I wonder what does archive mean in that website. If it means saving it like that with his name as a developer, then it'd keep that false information, which is not a good thing :/
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
It has been archived from before as far as I've seen. But yeah, I hate how people stoop to doing this just for... recognition? Good luck hima!
Well, apparently it is possible to report the images even without a registration. (That guy didn't even bother to take his own screenshots.) And if there are enough reports, that site's staff may take the hint... I'm real sorry to hear this kind of thing happen, but that's all I can do atm.

Edit: I guess it is also possible to report both the game profile and the user. I got an 'error reporting' message a couple of times after pressing that little ( ! ) icon, so that threw me off at first. I was expecting a confirmation window or something...
Okay! Now I reported it as well.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Wow I'm really sorry your work was stolen. I mean I've seen a few sprites lifted from games but wow... seriously has guts to claim an entire project as his own >< Reported
I like how he pretends like he's working on it.
reported and sent them a message, though I kept it short since I strongly questioned whether or not he/she/they'd even care:

"I just wanted to let you know, assuming you give anything resembling a damn, that your theft of hima's game is stooping to the lowest of low. I'm left to question if you really are a team, or just some desperate teenager/attention whore willing to go as far as stealing someone's FREEWARE and claiming it as your own work just to get a little recognition is pretty ridiculous. Either way this is disgusting, and the least you could is take it down, as it is not your work anyways."
Woah! Hey Hima, long time no see! Yeah, game theft was much MUCH more common 12 years ago, but I think we can keep it under raps as soon as we can. Don't worry about it, I'll see what I can do to help get it removed.
Wow seriously!? as if Art theft isn't bad they go to steal a game too?! some people...and i mean Some people have the guts to do the most stupid things, i wish you best of luck!

Lol, as I kept clicking the report button, more and more of the page content was going down. Now the only thing left of it is the game profile itself.

VIVA RMN! Nobody messes with our homies!
Reported the shit outta that.

Thieves of intellectual property are among the lowest of the low. >B|
Pages: first 12 next last