MY GAME'S IDENTITY HAS BEEN STOLEN

Pages: first prev 12 last
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Page has been removed. Problem solved, I guess?

I find it extremely ultra weird that he would pretend to be you and post your game. I mean, the internet is anonymous, and the only thing he's taking from you is recognition... but you're still getting the recognition because people think he's you. You see what I mean, right? He gets nothing out of it, it's just weird. If not for the deleted comment, it would make me wonder if you submitted the game to the site yourself at some point in the past and then forgot about it. Because I can't imagine what the fuck would have to go through someone's head for them to steal your identity and then do nothing with that identity except advertise for you.
...he is stupid or he is a pretty good man, but that's pretty awesome (and akward at the same time), never heard of that before.
u.u edit: FUUUUUUUCKKK!!!! DAMN YOU DOUBLE POST, DAMN YOU IN HELL, I HOPE YOU SUFFER DOUBLE POST, NO ONE WILL EVER LOVE YOU. seriously why do this happens? D=
author=LockeZ
Page has been removed. Problem solved, I guess?

I find it extremely ultra weird that he would pretend to be you and post your game. I mean, the internet is anonymous, and the only thing he's taking from you is recognition... but you're still getting the recognition because people think he's you. You see what I mean, right? He gets nothing out of it, it's just weird. If not for the deleted comment, it would make me wonder if you submitted the game to the site yourself at some point in the past and then forgot about it. Because I can't imagine what the fuck would have to go through someone's head for them to steal your identity and then do nothing with that identity except advertise for you.

Huh? They didn't pretend to be hima. The game was posted by a user named Vanslipper(unless that is hima's alias).

But anyways, Mission Complete! Good to see that.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well, if I saw it, I'd assume it was another username of the same person. I mean, the internet is anonymous, no one actually knows the face of the person behind the username anyway, you see what I'm saying?

I'm not saying it's okay - it's definitely not. It's just fucking weird. It makes me wonder what the hell they planned to get out of it. What was the point?
author=LockeZ
I'm not saying it's okay - it's definitely not. It's just fucking weird. It makes me wonder what the hell they planned to get out of it. What was the point?

On Desura you can sell your game for money. Perhaps that was the pirate's intention?
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
"you see what I'm saying?" : not really, on the internet people are known by their username, nobody knows who they are, but that's the reference (between us, do you know who Michelangelo or Picasso ARE?).
author=LockeZ
Well, if I saw it, I'd assume it was another username of the same person. I mean, the internet is anonymous, no one actually knows the face of the person behind the username anyway, you see what I'm saying?

Flash back to 2001 with the release of A Blurred Line by Lys86. Less then one week after that, anouther topic from a user Killroy2098 claimed ownership over the game, post release. Naturally, as he was trying to steal it from Lys86, people on gamingw just looked at the time dates and banned him, thanks to his many other infamous claims over classics such as Bob's big adventure, Dragon's Centerium and as such.

Basically, this is not the first time people have stolen each others games, and because of that, we in the rpg maker community have a obligation to keeping watch over each other. So whenever another claims anouther's project, it is best to look at what release was first; That will always reveal the true culprit.

They do it to make themselves have a boosted ego, era, for the fame.
author=LockeZ

I know what you mean, there is no way for us to know. But hima saw it and knew it wasn't hima.

If hima posted the game on Desura months ago under a different username with the intention of coming here to report it as fraud, just to get attention. Then yes, that would be weird. I'm not going to assume that like some conspiracy theorist haha :P If that was the goal, then it didn't work on me. I have no intention of playing this game now because it's "controversial".
Wow, thank you so much! The images got removed, and hopefully the game page too. Thank you RMN! :)

I googled this Vanslipper guy and kinda surprised that he's hardly related to RM community. Most of the stuffs I found are game profiles, etc... Kinda make you wonder what's got into his head when he started all this. I doubt my obscure game would give him his 5 minutes of fame or whatever :/
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Reminds me of the time some chump at Charas-Project tried to steal Pokémon Hunter and Paradise Blue. The former backfired horribly on them! It was simultaneously wondrous and depressing.
Pages: first prev 12 last