IF YOUR GAME HAS THESE WORDS IN ITS TITLE, IT'S A BIG RED FLAG

slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
This is pretty damn accurate, in another way. If you have one of those yellow or red flags in your game's title, I'll probably skip over it in the games list. Even if it is really, really good game - I'll never know.

Let's be honest, this site has a shit-ton of games to play and I can't play them all. In order of importance, this is how I find games on this site:

• Referred (from main page, forum topic, other)
  • Rating (# of stars)
  • Title & Screenshots
  • Description

I'm guilty of this as much as anyone else. If you have a very bland title, I won't jump at your game. On the flip side, the other day someone mentioned "Three the Hard Way" and I want to play it based on title alone. Sorry :P

In this world of fast-paced decisions, you have 5 seconds max to grab someone's attention, and it's gonna come down to your rating, your title and your screenshot.
author=iishenron
If your game has these words in its title, it's a big red flag that it probably sucks:

Title is marketing. Nothing to do with the quality of the game.

your op should be...

"If your game has these words in its title, it's a big red flag that nobody will try it."
This world has always been a place of fast-paced decisions!

"In this world of humans, you have 5 seconds max to grab someone's attention, and it's gonna come down to your rating, your title and your screenshot."

For me, 2 main things influence my awareness of a game: how much it's buzzing and if it is making waves in IRC. The other things are discussion in the Featured Game thread or Gamespot suggestions thread, and cool stuff I see in the submission queue before I accept it.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=Marrend
Ironically, the only game on RMN I've had qualms with getting, where the sole basis of my qualms was the title, was Three the Hard Way. I did get around to playing that game, but didn't get very far with it.

Saying that, I got Three the Hard Way it from Home of the Underdogs, not from RMN. But that's a different story.

That's like one of my favorite RM games and I still have like no idea what the fuck the title was supposed to even mean. It is a pretty stupid fucking title. (Sorry, Iish. Love the game, though!)
I guess I have to play that; funny, its title is precisely what is making me avoid it like the plague. I guess my dirty mind associates it with Threesomes and Hardcore, and Three-ways; I don't know. I'll download tonight.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=Large
I guess I have to play that; funny, its title is precisely what is making me avoid it like the plague. I guess my dirty mind associates it with Threesomes and Hardcore, and Three-ways; I don't know. I'll download tonight.

Probably the same Freudian reason I want to play it :P It does definitely stand out from the generic Heroes Of The Element: The Last Saga of Jyabuukan sort of title.

(damn i know my next game title now)
(fuck no not really)
my next game is going to be called Big Red Flag.
author=kentona

lol i was thinkin the same damn thing, but i was at work an couldnt post it.
author=Jparker1984
author=kentona
That didn't stop me.
Well god dammit, there goes my Ultimate Dragon Fantasy of Time: The Chrono Warrior of Light and Darkness Crystal Destiny.
author=kentona

I'd play that.
author=kentona

If it's a spoof of everything RPG, I'm in.

slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=Sauce
author=kentona
If it's a spoof of everything RPG, I'm in.

Oh, you mean like all kentona's games? hooooooooo
Haven't played them.

Hardly played anything, really.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Yea they're actually pretty good, I got my friend to try Hero's Realm and he was determined to hate it because it was an RM game, but he couldn't stop playing.
Yeah well so much for Super Final Magic Monkey Ninja Dragon Baller: The Divine Cosmic Pimp Quest of Destiny.
Most of my games have "Dragon" and "Fantasy" in the title, usually very close together, too. Hahaha. I am now one sad panda. =(((((

See my many chins of sadness!
This thread is really inspiring me to make a game with as many of those words in the title as possible.
author=kentona
author=Jparker1984
author=kentona
That didn't stop me.

OFF TOPIC: Well, I had an android but i dropped it in the toilet. I was really angry, now I'm stuck with some ancient crap phone.

ON TOPIC: Look at a damn good RPG that has a crap name, Legend Of Dragoon. Very blah title, yet a great game. Blue Dragon, another blah name and that is also a good game. There are plenty of games with dumb names that are good.

EDIT: I realize that we are talking about RPG Maker games, but I just wanted to touch on this "Rule" with commercial games.
My new game -

The Ultimate Final Dragon Warrior's Fantasy Revenge Saga Quest for the Legendary Demon Sword of Light and Darkness Part III:
Destiny Legacy of the Hero's Eternal Rune

It'll have fewer words in the dialogue than it does in the title.