+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

Amazing see a new update! thanks!
author=Cherry
Version 0.20 with a few new features, but most importantly a pile of bugfixes, would be ready... who would like to test it for me before I release it?
http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-12489/dynrpg.rar
Please just read the changelog in dynrpg.chm.

I loaded this up and got two plugin errors: DynMode7 and my auto switches plugin. Are you able to look at the source for the latter plugin and find out what caused it not to load?
It seems to be a problem with the new patch itself.
I've opened a new project in an attempt to test it out, and old plugins does not work with the new version, and neither do plugins compiled with the new version ( along with the correctly upgraded compiler ).
I don't think you'll find problems in your plugin source code
Fair enough! I wasn't sure if I should be updating my source code.
I tried the new update but my rpg_rt.exe make a crash,
maybe the reason is that I use a spanish project.
Seems like there was an old loader in the download, please patch again: http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-12494/dynrpg.rar

Thank you!
Thank YOU! Works great so far! It's great seeing the transparency working again! The DynPatches feature is super useful too. I had no issues adding the ips patches I compiled here.

Thoughts after trying out some of the new stuff:

The firstTry parameter is perfect. It definitely helps in defining how the onBattlerAction callback should be handled, but the battler->retrying member is not really useful (yet, anyway). It's kind of like a The big problem is that the onDoBattlerAction callback can be called anywhere from 0 to 30+ times after the first time it's called, and that number varies between party members.

Also, it seems like the onBattlerActionDone command acts differently now than the previous version. Any time i use battler->executeAction from that callback, the action won't happen until the next turn if a party member is waiting to act. It also seems like battler->retrying and battler->executeAction basically do the same thing (at least on the surface).

Still trying to create a counter-attack/reflect type of situation.

I also experimented with updateBattleEvents and events that are activated by switch and noticed 2 similar things. If you use BEUM_BEFORE_ACTION, the switch event will activate before the battle animation plays, while BEUM_AFTER_ACTION has the similar scenario as above where other actions can interfere. I've asked for something similar in the past, but is it possible for a "BEUM_MID_ACTION" type of update that occurs before the damage popup displays? I guess the bottom line is there needs to be some way of intercepting an action before it finishes in order for multiple actions in one turn to work.

Edit:
Adding some frame logic seems to be the answer I was looking for. More shortly!

Edit 2: Nope. :( Here's a pastbin of what I was trying to do. It works, but it breaks horribly after so many counters.
this is the rpg_rt that I use with lufia and
crash with the last update (last link too)
rpgrt_lufia
author=Cherry
Seems like there was an old loader in the download, please patch again: http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-12494/dynrpg.rar

Thank you!

Ahem. It doesn't appear to work with BetterAEP. Or any of the custom patches. But especially not BetterAEP. In order to run, it reinstalled 1.08 over BetterAEP, screwing up the entire opening screen.
Try this:
http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/40/locker/RPG_RT_betteraep.ips

Put it in your "DynPatches" folder. The new version should have created this if you didn't have one already. You no longer need to patch the RPG_RT.exe (thank god).
Random question; is it currently possible to do something similar to this: http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/utility-scripts/base-troop-events/

...Which is to say, have one or several different monster groups, and then have every other group reference the events in one of those base group(s) instead of copying and pasting 500 monster groups and then tweaking all the little things over and over and over?

Like, maybe use a comment to tell the monster group to reference the base troop, and then after that comment, you could still change switches in stuff not needed in that group. Or something akin to that anyway.

I remembered that this existed, so I wanted to at least ask. I don't desperately need it, but may as well throw it out there!
(Except for the save switch 1001, which needs to patch internally, and overwrites whatever you've set it to, if left on the system).

I don't remember. Is there a turn-based.ips?

Also, what about PicsInBattle? It's hpa only, and it's a really useful patch.
@Skie: You have access to battle events, but only on that specific battle group. I don't think you can access the database of monster groups yet.
@bulmabriefs144: Just create an IPS with Lunar IPS (compare before and after patching the HPA). However I am quite sure PicsInBattle is not compatible with DynRPG anyway...
(Yea, that's what I did, just seems a shame that I have to patch and then delete the ips because having it around in DynPatches interferes with the save_switch_changer.exe)

It is. I patched it on Oracle of Tao, and Tales From The Reaper. The game works fine, and has battles with stuff in them.

That yin-yang is not a background. It's a picture.
Cherry: I think I found a minor bug with 0.20. In this line within Character.h:

void move(const char* data, int length, bool repeatPattern = false, bool ignoreImpossible = true, int frequency = 8);

repeatPattern & ignoreImpossible somehow got swapped, so it should be:

void move(const char* data, int length, bool ignoreImpossible = true, bool repeatPattern = false, int frequency = 8);

I have a plugin that used hero->move() that worked fine in the previous version, but when I tried recompiling with this one, the move patterns always repeated (and presumably, impossible movements were not ignored). When I swapped move parameters 3&4, it worked as it should.
A while back, Cherry posted code to pull the vocabulary from the Strings tabs, so I decided to make an .h file for it (there was also a small error I had to fix):
http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/40/locker/Vocabulary.h

Either add it to your project or /include/DynRPG/ and add this to line 77 of DynRPG.h:

#include "Vocabulary.h"

Use RPG::vocabulary[] (0-87) in your code. Each vocab value is documented in that file, but here it is again for the lazy:

// Usage: vocabulary

// indexes are:
// String Page 1
// 0: Message at the Beginning of Each Battle
// 1: Initiative Message
// 2: Escape Failure Message
// 3: Victory Message
// 4: Defeat Message
// 5: Experience Gain Message (Field 2)
// 6: Money Aquisition Message (Field 1)
// 7: Money Aquisition Message (Field 3)
// 8: Item Discovery Message

// The following are not in the Strings tab...
// 9: attacks
// 10: A critical hit!
// 11: A critical hit!
// 12: defends.
// 13: is waiting and watching.
// 14: is building strength.
// 15: pounces.
// 16: runs away!
// 17: transformed
// 18: HP is lost
// 19: Dodged
// 20: HP is lost
// 21: dodged
// 22: got out of the way
// 23: needs more practice
// 24: was not affected
// 25: dodged
// 26: used
// 27: recovered!
// 28: raises!
// 29: drops
// 30: is taken!
// 31: is taken!
// 32: Defense increases!
// 33: Defense Decreases!

// Strings Page 2
// 34: Level Up (Field 2)
// 35: Skill Learned (Field 2)
// 36: ??
// 37: ??
// 38: ??
// 39: ??
// 40: ??

// Strings Page 4
// 41: Items Possessed
// 42: Item Equipped
// 43: Currency

// Strings Page 5
// 44: Fight
// 45: Auto-Fight
// 46: Escape

// ????
// 47: "Attack"
// 48: "Defend"

// Strings Page 5 (continued)
// 49: Item
// 50: Skill
// 51: Equipment
// 52: Save
// 53: Quit
// 54: New Game
// 55: Load Game
// 56: Quit Game
// 57: Level
// 58: HP
// 59: MP
// 60: Normal Status
// 61: Experience
// 62: Level (Short Form)
// 63: HP (Short Form)
// 64: MP (Short Form)
// 65: MP Consumed
// 66: Attack
// 67: Defense
// 68: Intelligence
// 69: Agility
// 70: Weapon
// 71: Shield
// 72: Armor
// 73: Helmet
// 74: Accessory
// 75: Choosing a Save Slot
// 76: Choosing Which Slot to Load
// 77: Confirm Quit
// 78: File
// 79: Yes
// 80: No
// 81: Status
// 82: Order
// 83: Row
// 84: Wait ON
// 85: Wait OFF

// ????
// 86: ??

// String Page 1 (continued
// 87: "Miss" Message
Awesome a new version of DynRPG! It's so good! I gonna go to install immediately!

A few questions after installation:

1- I can install new version in a project patched with old version of DynRPG? How?
2- Lost my old plugins and dynrpg.ini instructions for plugins works?

Thanks to cherry for still working in DynRPG!
And thanks to all user make's plugins!

EDIT: I pached with a backup of my project, and happens the same like gadesx, the RPG_RT don't work, can't execute it! Nothing appears with click RPG_RT.
Patch on a fresh version 1.08 RPG_RT.exe instead of your old one and then add any .ips patches you use to the newly added "DynPatches" folder. You don't need to apply them directly to the exe anymore.

Old plugin dll files should still work with the new version if I'm not mistaken, so I'm not sure what happened in your scenario. Your dynrpg.ini shouldn't change after you update either.