+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

author=Corti
Righ now it seems to work slightly better, at least i get changing numbers.

My guess: RPG::Battler->attributes returns 0,1,2. 1 means standard resistence. 0 = reduced resistence, 2 = increased resistence.

Correct. I made a mistake with that in the documentation, so that's actually the attribute modifier. It's like a pre-calculated modifier that the engine uses somewhere. It's probably not that useful.

What should be done is to get the attribute values themselves from the actor or monster's database counterparts and use them how you see fit. See the references under RPG::DamageMultiplier for the 4 members that use A/B/C/D/E: http://rewking.com/dynrpg/namespace_r_p_g.html#a56b1d727a8cc5152cf3811a93cdd80e9

RPG::Item::attributes and RPG::Skill::attributes (and conditions) are a little more confusing. They're either 1 or 0, and the size of their arrays equals to the highest checked attribute or condition. These are only used to determine which attributes/conditions are checked in the array.

@GhostRider: So with that in mind, you can't set a weapon to A,B,C,D,E because that wouldn't be valid. You can only change whether or not the weapon uses a particular attribute. There are still some constraints, but you could probably code your own method of modifying the strength of a weapon in theory using RPG::Item::str. Store the default value at the start of battle, change it up as you see fit to affect attack strengths, and then change it back to its default at the end of battle.
Pepsi, is there anything these about Miss and Critical manipulation?

• I want a switch to turn on when you critical, allowing custom crit effects
  • I want to set variables to ini for monster miss chance comparing a random number to it (example, I could set the monster speed to a variable, and miss if a roll from 1-400 is greater than the variable amt).

Or maybe just to have it say so when the critical happens. Is there a way for the DString to "speak up" about some of the hidden strings?
author=PepsiOtaku
@GhostRider: So with that in mind, you can't set a weapon to A,B,C,D,E because that wouldn't be valid. You can only change whether or not the weapon uses a particular attribute.

yeah, that's the idea, basically all i need to do is set the weapon to deal (example) Fire damage (having the Fire attribute checked on); besides, weapon don't really have their own attack value that sums up to the attack damage formula, they basically increase the owner's attack power like any other equipment can do (yeah it's pretty much the same thing in the end, what i mean is that i have other means to increase character's power so it's ok, i'd like the idea of changing the attribute (and, if possibile, status inflict and special options) so i don't have to create 30+ copies of each weapon lol.
Btw. GhostRider, i didn't forget you. Hope i'll get things done this weekend.
author=Corti
Btw. GhostRider, i didn't forget you. Hope i'll get things done this weekend.

don't worry man, i can wait :)
@GhostRider: Work almost done. Testing it all will take the time.

author=bulmabriefs144

• I want to set variables to ini for monster miss chance comparing a random number to it (example, I could set the monster speed to a variable, and miss if a roll from 1-400 is greater than the variable amt).

Or maybe just to have it say so when the critical happens. Is there a way for the DString to "speak up" about some of the hidden strings?

I created of plugin for custom crit using the int-stat or a hero constant. It does not use internal crit, it adds invisible attackpoints to increase the damage.

My own game contains a plugin that allows doing the miss-calculation myelf. I replace the attack with a "no damage"-skill. It works fine for me, but it requires certain technical constraints in the ordner of the eventpage execution and atb timing. I don't see others recreate that and that's why i never released it as a plugin.
author=GhostRider

(LINK) Job's done! *imitates Warcraft peasant voice*

I didn't have the time to do a complete test of all item settings, so i only did set/get-tests on boolean and number values and the checkbox-arrays.

"Hero/class useable" is not supported yet. Do you need that? If you need something more or if you encounter a bug, just scream, okay?
author=Corti
author=GhostRider
(LINK) Job's done! *imitates Warcraft peasant voice*

I didn't have the time to do a complete test of all item settings, so i only did set/get-tests on boolean and number values and the checkbox-arrays.

"Hero/class useable" is not supported yet. Do you need that? If you need something more or if you encounter a bug, just scream, okay?

thanks man, i really apreciate it :)
i'll test it ASAP.

ps: i don't really need hero/class useable since every character has is own set of weapons that are "locked" (cannot be changed normally) :)
Any word on if dynrpg will be updated to work with the new official English translation? After switching over I noticed that if you try to open a project that has been updated with a 1.08 rpg_rt it errors and force closes so that means that the current patcher can't work.

EDIT: I guess going to Cherry's site would have helped explain my question - apparently there's a gray area on whether patches are okay. Nevermind, then.
author=Corti
@GhostRider: Work almost done. Testing it all will take the time.

author=bulmabriefs144

I created of plugin for custom crit using the int-stat or a hero constant. It does not use internal crit, it adds invisible attackpoints to increase the damage.

My own game contains a plugin that allows doing the miss-calculation myelf. I replace the attack with a "no damage"-skill. It works fine for me, but it requires certain technical constraints in the ordner of the eventpage execution and atb timing. I don't see others recreate that and that's why i never released it as a plugin.

Go ahead and release it. You're talking to someone who has done a number of insanely redundant codes, including something that currently goes through every item in a store and checks price and quantity to buy something.

Do not worry about what others think about your plugin. Your plugin is for you. If it's of service to others great, but don't keep work to yourself on account that people might not use it.

I will check it out.
The crit-plugin is released, but compiled for v0.17, so it won't work with v0.20 and v0.30 because a callback signature changed.

I am not very happy with the way i implemented the miss-feature in my plugin. For a public release, it just lacks robustness. Pepsi's DynRPG v0.30 would allow me to create a better version of it.

I was just upgrading my project and another project i'm working on to v0.20/0.30 when the announcement hit, that 2k3 gets an official translation. The future of patches and projects is in a state of uncertainty while its unclear whether and how DynRPG and Patches will be implemented for the legal version 1.1.

The miss-feature will be added to the crit-plugin, as soon as i know where the journey is heading.
Cherry said there was "hopeful news" whatever that is.

I think there may be a 0.40 which abides the terms of the EULA. Probably not right away, but after all the updates and testing is done.
Just a small update:

download DirectMenuPatch(fix)
Fixes some issues with using a Skill on the party and not returning into the proper skill menu.

download 32bit(fix)
There were visual glitches when showing the screen with 'FadeIn'. Emphasis on were.
edit: no, still no compatibility with stuff that expects the application to run with a 15bit image buffer.
here's a small request (this one is tough, dunno if it's possible at all) but is it possibile to make that a certain status disable the attack command on one character? oddly enough rm2k3 status creation does not have "disable attack" option, you can only stop him from acting at all but what i would like to have is basically a status which blocks standard attack but still allows to use skills/items/whatever
Millenim or I can give you code for this, it's doable. My code doesn't use switches.

Short version, make an event that either "If Hero uses Attack" or "If Enemy can act". Make a common event. Given a certain condition (for instance, if the hero has a certain wrong weapon or a certain armor), add a status that adds no action for like a turn, and stuff.
author=GhostRider
here's a small request (this one is tough, dunno if it's possible at all) but is it possibile to make that a certain status disable the attack command on one character? oddly enough rm2k3 status creation does not have "disable attack" option, you can only stop him from acting at all but what i would like to have is basically a status which blocks standard attack but still allows to use skills/items/whatever

You could probably do this real easily by just having a status condition set your attack accuracy to 0. Not exactly the same since the player could then waste a turn, but it has just about the same effect.
author=bulmabriefs144
Millenim or I can give you code for this, it's doable. My code doesn't use switches.

Short version, make an event that either "If Hero uses Attack" or "If Enemy can act". Make a common event. Given a certain condition (for instance, if the hero has a certain wrong weapon or a certain armor), add a status that adds no action for like a turn, and stuff.

yeah that's pretty much what i've been doing so far, to work around the problem; 'tho disabling the attack for good would be ideal since, like shoobinator said, player could then waste a turn.
In easyrpg they're adding support to music in soundfont,
we need something :p
author=gadesx
In easyrpg they're adding support to music in soundfont,
we need something :p

There's online midi to mp3 converters using soundfonts. I use this one:
http://solmire.com/

Using an in-game solution would have too many problems IMO. You'd have a situation like the PC version of Final Fantasy VII (It had a separate install for some yamaha sound engine).
author=GhostRider
here's a small request (this one is tough, dunno if it's possible at all) but is it possibile to make that a certain status disable the attack command on one character?

It would be possible, but: This could change the command menu while it is drawn.

Two possibilities:
a) the creators of rm2k3 where expecting this and wrote code that can deal with a situation that only happens, when crazy people hack the software.
b) crash boom bang!