+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

Mmmmm. Yeah, I'm not sure either. Here is where I got the tutorials from, I think. On the off-chance having more background on how stuff fits together gives you ideas.

http://www.opengl-tutorial.org/download/
Don't remember if it's already been asked, but... is there a way to make so that Hit% penalty caused by status (such as the infamous "Blind" condition) can affect some skills too? dunno... maybe adding a special attribute kinda like the RSP+ does?
Eh? You're still using RSP+? Wasn't that thing bugged with specific things like Items and the like? o.o??
I pretty much have to use RPS+ because of the whole deal with not otherwise having 1 minimum damage. And the Immune thing letting you know the difference between 0% (Immune) and damage reduced by defense.
author=Xenomic
Eh? You're still using RSP+? Wasn't that thing bugged with specific things like Items and the like? o.o??

dunno, haven't encountered huge issues so far
So, I'm just wondering if anyone's used the MonSca plugin at all? Because I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong with it or not.

From the ReadMe:

"This patch alters monster parameters during runtime to BaseValue*[Variable]/1000. And Item_IDs to BaseValue+Var[1009].

Var[1001] = max.HP
Var[1002] = max.MP
Var[1003] = Str
Var[1004] = Def
Var[1005] = Int
Var[1006] = Agi
Var[1007] = Exp
Var[1008] = Gold
Var[1009] = Item_ID (Please don't let Item_IDs result that are above the highest ID in the database!)
Var[1010] = Item Drop%

Swi[1001] = LevelScaling
Linear scaling of monster parameters by the average level of the heroes in the party to BaseValue*Level*[Variable]/1000."

Which I would assume putting in "200" for the variable would work. I was using this to test money, and the monster I'm testing with has 1000 yen to drop, so I would've assumed that this would've made it 2000. However, it does not and it's still 1000 dropped. Even setting the variable to 2000 doesn't change it so...just wondering if I'm just...doing something wrong and if all that. Yeah...of note yes, I changed the variables appropriately to the right ones, and yes, the thing that does the double money coding is supposed to be fine from what I see. So...yeah!
Still need to know if anyone else has tried that plugin or not. But on top of that, I actually have a plugin request for anyone interested. You see, I was originally going to give a couple characters abilities revolving around battle formations (i.e. increased chance of First Strikes, reducing chances of Back Attacks/Pincer Attacks), but that would've required having to do a massive workaround that just wouldn't work no matter how I tried it. I was wondering if there wouldn't be a way of doing a plugin that allows the user to manipulate these values, whether it be via having a character in the party, using an item/skill, being equipped with a piece of equipment, etc.?
I don't know if there is any plugin or patch for the issue in rpg maker 2003 related to games that use pixel movement and scroll.
So I wanna ask about if someone know something or know a way to make a solution.

If you make a pixel movement system, it can really works fine with effort,
but the camera movement only change of positions based 16x16, not pixel based, so you can't fix the camera to the character, like for a normal rpg without pixel movement.
Any word yet on enabling use of DynRPG with the Steam version of Rm2k3? After using the new GDI renderer with the improved fullscreen that the Steam release has, I can't go back to 1.08. It would be great to have that feature and DynRPG at the same time. It should be fully legal now thanks to the Steam version's patch EULA. If we had Cherry's source code for DynRPG it would probably be simple, maybe.
Unfortunately it's not simple. See this area of the thread a while back for reasons why. Still holding out hope it'll come eventually, but if it does it'll be after they're completely finished (which in software development means given up because it's no longer worth the effort) with tweaking the Steam version.
author=bugmenot
@dnasman2
download MoveEventPointer

author=bugmenot(05/18/2014)
Put the MoveEventPointer.ips into the DynPatches folder. The used variable can be changed by pasting the following under the [QuickPatches] section in the DynRPG.ini and changing the number after the #
MEPVar=4AFC06,#3330

So what does this thing do? The patch allows you to assign the Event_ID for a <MoveEvent> command by putting the to-be-moved Event_ID into Var[3330].
1 to 1000 are the events, 10001 = Hero, 10002 = boat, 10003 = ship, 10004 = airship, 10005 = this event

If Var[3330] has a value of zero or below, the event that was assigned by the <MoveEvent> command will be moved instead.

I realize this post is ancient, but does anybody have any idea why this isn't working for me? I have moved the .ips into the Patches folder and added the following in the DynRPG.ini:

[QuickPatches]
MEPVar=4AFC06,#1140
; Paste quickpatches here

In the project I then set variable no. 1140 to "14" for example, if the event ID that I want to move is 14. It still moves the event indicated in the move command, though, instead of the event with ID no. 14.

Any ideas?

Never mind, figured out another way to do what I want...
If its possible make that CRT filter in rpg maker, I wanna try it with my resident evil demake
author=gadesx
If its possible make that CRT filter in rpg maker, I wanna try it with my resident evil demake

Like this? 0:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auqBuH24P6c
Ask to PepsiOtaku.
Small update to DynBattleDisplay: Added capability to set the alpha values (transparency) of gauge and icon displays.
Hey, I've been out of the loop for a long time. Is DynRPG in any way compatible with the latest English version of Rm2k3 (v1.11)?
Hello everyone, long time user... even plugin developer, but real life got in the way a few years ago and now I'm returning. A couple of ideas popped up recently and I was wondering if they were possible using DynRPG:

1. Using DynRPG, can I somehow generate events on map during runtime? Let me elaborate.

In my project, I'm using a Caterpillar Party System, so as to show the party members during the regular maps, following the hero. I accomplished this by having some events pre-generated in each map, and through conditionals, determine who's the party member, assigning the corresponding character graphic.

So I was wondering if I could remove this events from the maps, and just have code in C++ to do this, inserting events each time the hero enters a map.
Would it be possible?

2. Pepsi's plugin for overhauling the speed of the ATB with the RM2k3 default battle system.... I was wondering, in the DBS, I think I've noticed some behavior that I wanted to change: when I have a character use a skill, and I have another character with their ATB filled up already, if I select an action for the 2nd Actor, that Actor WAITS for the 1st Actor to finish their animation/action, before executing their action.

I'm assuming that this is sort of a "WAIT" setting during the battle. I was reading about the plugin and it seems it can turn this into "ACTIVE" since the engine does not have an option for this setting.

Am I correct?

Thanks in advance!