+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

I don't remember if it's already been asked but... is there a way to make heroes equip a second Accessory by "sacrificing" the Helmet slot?
[QuickPatches]
Accessory(Slot#4)=49EF72,28,4B7AAA,05,4B8107,44,4B814A,09,4B819D,C5,4B81CA,06,4B829F,DC,4B82E2,09,4B8335,5D,4B8362,06
Do not replace any of those numbers.

edit
Well... hats are accessories, too. (in case someone notices...)

edit²
What I mean is, 'helmet' type equipment fits into Slot#5 as well. As there is currently no way to test for the ItemType (yet), there's no practical use for using both 'helmet' type accessories and 'accessory' type accessories. They are just effectively interpreted as the same (in all regards and types) by the game.

edit³
Well... keep in mind that the <ChangeEquipment> command will de-equip Slot#4 on "unequip helmet" and de-equip Slot#5 on "unequip accessory". And put the item into Slot#4 on "equip Item" if the item is of the type 'helmet' and put the item into Slot#5 if the item type is "accessory"
author=bugmenot
edit
Well... hats are accessories, too. (in case someone notices...)

Good point... *lol*

thanks again :)
author=Shoobinator
author=bugmenot
Oh, I remembered why people mainly deleted the row command. Because it wastes time.

download QuickRow

This allows for a row command and any other command to be executed in the same turn. (Can also be combined with the RowSwap[+] patch)

...though, the [Hero] uses [BattleCommand] battle event trigger won't go off on a row command anymore.
Oh, this would be interesting for adding versatility to row formations. However, adding this straight to the default system has issues: there would be no reason NOT to always defend and use magic in the back row. Currently, I give a small HP/MP restoration if the player ever defends which doubles as a sort of charge. Now considering this patch, I could add the patch and then make it so you only get the heal if you defend in the front row, while defending in the back row gives no extra heal but you are a little more protected. Likewise, using magic in the front row could heal some MP back after using the spell, making staying in the front row actually more offensive, while the back row retains its defensive properties.

Now, to actually implement this, I would need to be able to track the current row position of each party member in battle. Is there a quick way to determine this maybe with comment commands, having DynRPG? Or would I need a separate plug-in?

Reposting this because I think my actual question was missed. I would actually be interested in using QuickRow, but by itself, I think it would be overpowered in my game.
author=bugmenot
edit²
What I mean is, 'helmet' type equipment fits into Slot#5 as well. As there is currently no way to test for the ItemType (yet), there's no practical use for using both 'helmet' type accessories and 'accessory' type accessories. They are just effectively interpreted as the same (in all regards and types) by the game.

oh, so basically to unequip both accessories via event i have to unequip helmet and accessory?

edit:

doh!
Well... keep in mind that the <ChangeEquipment> command will de-equip Slot#4 on "unequip helmet" and de-equip Slot#5 on "unequip accessory". And put the item into Slot#4 on "equip Item" if the item is of the type 'helmet' and put the item into Slot#5 if the item type is "accessory"

you already pointed that out lol
and here i am with another of my weird requests lol

i have no longer use for the ATB Mode option in the standard menu system as i will control atb via a switch (battle_overhaul plugin), but i could use that slot for some other menu, hence the request, is there a way to make so that that command turns on a certain switch when used, just like it was made (by pepsiotaku I believe) with the quit and order commands? (there is also a ips patch that does it for the Save command, if i recall)
Would there be a way to use Quickpatch to change the order of the graphic layers? So you could, say, put the bottom layer over the top, weather above pictures, etc.?
Is it anything like this had been made ​​by someone?

Move Event Pointer
The event's ID in move event command can be controlled dynamicaly using dynplugin.
-1 Is for this event, 0 is for Hero and 1 is for event with such ID.

Example:
Comment: @DynMovePointer 0
Move event: up up down down
This will move the event with ID 0 (hero) up, up, down and down.

Comment: @DynMovePointer -1
This will move the event with ID -1 (this event) up, up, down and down.

Comment: @DynMovePointer 27
This will move the event with ID 27 up, up, down and down.

Comment: @DynMovePointer V1
This will move the event with ID stored in the variable 1 up, up, down and down.

If this has not been made before, someone should make this. I think something like this could easily be done if you understand programming.
This would be useful if you want to move specific event with same move event using variable, instead of using lot of conditional branch for each move event command.

Thanks
@GhostRider
download A Switch
[QuickPatches]
ATBSwitch_ID=4A26B7,#1008

The game will crash if a plugin relies on the menu option "active/wait" being pressed (not the change of the active/wait mode, just the interaction in the menu)
If the #numbers are not working again, you would have to convert the decimal number to a HexValue: HexConverter
Put the number into the rightmost box next to the 'big-endian' and take the left box next to the 'little-endian' and put that number behind the #

P.S.
It may help knowing which menu options you are not using as well. I've got, like, 3 Patches affiliated with menu options, just lying around.

@LizardKing
Might take a while. Request noted.

@dnasman2
download MoveEventPointer

author=bugmenot(05/18/2014)
Put the MoveEventPointer.ips into the DynPatches folder. The used variable can be changed by pasting the following under the [QuickPatches] section in the DynRPG.ini and changing the number after the #
MEPVar=4AFC06,#3330

So what does this thing do? The patch allows you to assign the Event_ID for a <MoveEvent> command by putting the to-be-moved Event_ID into Var[3330].
1 to 1000 are the events, 10001 = Hero, 10002 = boat, 10003 = ship, 10004 = airship, 10005 = this event

If Var[3330] has a value of zero or below, the event that was assigned by the <MoveEvent> command will be moved instead.

author=dnasman2
could easily be done if you understand programming
Meh, I don't understand programming and still got things to work.
Of course it would be advantageous if someone makes a plugin that does the same thing and more.
author=bugmenot
@GhostRiderdownload A Switch
[QuickPatches]

The game will crash if a plugin relies on the menu option "active/wait" being pressed (not the change of the active/wait mode, just the interaction in the menu)
If the #numbers are not working again, you would have to convert the decimal number to a HexValue: HexConverter
Put the number into the rightmost box next to the 'big-endian' and take the left box next to the 'little-endian' and put that number behind the #

P.S.
It may help knowing which menu options you are not using as well. I've got, like, 3 Patches affiliated with menu options, just lying around.

thanks again, man. it worked first shot :3

anyway i don't use the Save option, because save is customized and happens when you hit a save-point during the game, i turned it into an ability chart (some sort of levelup/learning skills, i used the save option because it can be disabled, since i wanted the ability chart to be unavaliable early in the game); also i have turned the Quit Game command in the option menu with a plugin, and the Order command i turned into some sort of game statistics menu, and now the atb switch i think i'll turn it into some other custom menu yet TBD, since the atb mode will be determined by a switch.
Nevermind then.

In case someone else needs one of those:
download SA Switch
[QuickPatches]
StatusSwitch_ID=4A26A2,#1009

download SOA Switch
[QuickPatches]
OrderSwitch_ID=4A26B0,#1010

download SROA Switch
[QuickPatches]
RowSwitch_ID=4A26A9,#1007
OrderSwitch_ID=4A26B0,#1010

download RowVar
[QuickPatches]
RowVar(ID)=4A2843,#3340

Not compatible with the SROA Switch.
Outputs the Hero_ID of a selected hero into a variable when using the [Row] menu option and closes the menu. Useful for creating sub menus for party members.

download RowVar[2+]
[QuickPatches]
RowSwitch_ID=4A282E,#1007
RowVar_ID=4A2834,#3340
OrderSwitch_ID=4A283C,#1008
OrderVar_ID=4A2842,#3337

Not compatible with the SROA Switch and SOA Switch.
Optional for RowVar[2+] (no switches set on Row/Order):
[QuickPatches]
ROSwitches=4A2873,EB03

download MenuManipulator
[QuickPatches]
MenuSize(Var_ID)=4A10AC,#3341
MenuOption(Var_ID)=4B4D31,#3342

MenuSize is taken from Var[3341] (if 0, it takes the size from the database or from the last game session / save file).
max. 8, min. 1, crashes if below 0 (blame me if you want).

MenuOption is taken from Var[3342]+ (3342 is Option#1, 3343 is Option#2, ... , 3349 is Option#8 )
The menu option can be assigned for each position / Option#:
0 = default (taken from database)
1 = Item
2 = Skill
3 = Equip
4 = Save
5 = Status
6 = Row
7 = Order
8 = ATB
-1 = empty

Last option is always Quit. MenuSize does not go below 2. (blame me if you want)

This is for... unlocking menu options. Especially when some of those menu options activate a switch that enables new menus or statistics or other things.
Awesome.

Is there a quickpatch like that for the Save command as well? i'm asking just because for some reason the "switch changer" i used untill now, doesn't work anymore.

Basically i had a ips patch that turned the save command into activating switch #1005, since that switch is used for another event, too deep radicated into the game now to just change it, i had used a small program called "switch changer" to change that switch into another free switch (#999), now that switch changer does not recognize my rpg_rt file anymore... so i figured maybe there was a quickpatch for that too.
If it's the SaveSwitch from here, try:
[QuickPatches]
SaveSwitch_ID=4A261D,#999

...or if the #number is not recognised (seems to be a Windows thing... either the # / % functions are broken / needs to be converted to hexdecimal internally / before applying it... or # / % is swapped again):
[QuickPatches]
SaveSwitch_ID=4A261D,E7030000
yeah it's that save_switch linked by pepsi otaku,
quickpatch worked, there was no need to convert in hexdecimal :)
@bugmenot
Whoa thanks alot! I thought that kind of patches never existed.
Do you have any other patches/plugins you created? Maybe i can find something useful for my project.

2 more patches/plugins request:
1. Display the specific Picture ID stored in variable to be appear in the same layer as hero. Or you can configure which picture IDs to be affected by the patches inside the DynRPG.ini.
2. Battle Animation Pointer. Basically same as that Move Event Pointer thing, but this one is for battle animation.

Thanks alot.
author=dnasman2
Do you have any other patches/plugins
Here's my ever-growing (more or less) directory of patches:
stuff

All the readmes should be translated now and... there... somewhere.

edit
VisuGauge explanation

author=dnasman2
Display the specific Picture ID stored in variable to be appear in the same layer as hero
This coincides with LizardKing's request. Just needs a few callbacks between all 10 graphic layers... to do stuff like drawing a picture on the panorama before drawing the rest of the map. Will take a while

author=dnasman2
Battle Animation Pointer
@PepsiOtaku
Is that possible already with a plugin? (setting the Animation_ID and target / Event_ID / Battler)

I would like to be working on other stuff first... getting sidetracked all the time.
author=bugmenot
author=dnasman2
Battle Animation Pointer
@PepsiOtaku
Is that possible already with a plugin? (setting the Animation_ID and target / Event_ID / Battler)

I would like to be working on other stuff first... getting sidetracked all the time.

Sure is. @dnasman2, see this thread: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/15612/

Download the plugin, and use those comment commands in your battle event scripts.
He meant battle animations. Not battler sprites.

Something like this:
download BattleAnimationPointer
What about a pointer for items and skills? Something like setting the variable, turning a switch on, and then the game behaves as if you just selected the item/skill.

Possible?
I updated my game to use the latest version of DynRPG and now it won't load at all. I've tried it through test play and by clicking on the executable. What gives? Am I forgetting something?