+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

Wondering if one of you quickfix junkies can set me up with the following:

Currently, outside of battle, if you set to play two battle animations without using the "wait until finished" option, only the second one will show. If you do a slight wait between one, the first will play for that .1 seconds before being overwritten by the new one.

In battle, this is not the case, as you can set bchars to be battle animations, and multiple animations will pl;ay at the same time without issue.

It is possible to hotfix it so that multiple battle animations can be played simultaneously outside of battle?
Hey, ummm. Anyone remember the keyboard/mouse plugin? Uhhh, so, I've been wanting that to run a bit differently (it currently stores as the pixel X/Y). What I want it to do, is use the tile X/Y so you can do stuff like click on far away areas. Right now the hit detect is completely horrible because you have to match the exact location.
Can't you just divide the value it returns by 16 and use that as the tile X/Y?

Or if that doesn't quite work, use modulus to get the remainder, subtract that remainder from the original value and THEN divide by 16 to get the tile X/Y.
Uhhh, I was hoping for info about how to change the plugin.

If I can add a few lines of code, and edit, and simply change the config settings so whenever I left click the mouse, it centers on that square (since you know, I want to actually set preconditions around a single XY). Oh, speaking of which, to edit DynRPG plugins, I'd need the download link again (it's buried on like page one or two, and then there's the right link because certain versions don't work) since I got a new computer.

Also, it's not a straight out 16 conversion. The screen size on an average screen is 320 x 240 (20 x 15). Then yay, you have to figure out screens larger than a certain size. I'm trying to get "If X is 12, if Y is 5" so I can simply click on the object in question. If I have to either do...

If X is >= 110, if X<= 125, if Y >=45, if Y<=64

OR

X/16, Y/16
If X =12, if Y=5

then it's probably be too much of a pain to do it beyond a single item on screen (trust me, it sucks).

Not to mention, if you're having a mouse wait until the mouse click, the later division thing can do weird stuff like divide multiple times while you hold down the mouse click (due to parallel processes)
I've found a bug of the plugin "Ragnadyn"
When I enter in a battle its says "Event script referenced a skill that doesn't exist" in the second character of my game,
If I delete the plugin the game work fine.
author=bugmenot
download MenuManipulator
[QuickPatches]
MenuSize(Var_ID)=4A10AC,#3341
MenuOption(Var_ID)=4B4D31,#3342

MenuSize is taken from Var[3341] (if 0, it takes the size from the database or from the last game session / save file).
max. 8, min. 1, crashes if below 0 (blame me if you want).

MenuOption is taken from Var[3342]+ (3342 is Option#1, 3343 is Option#2, ... , 3349 is Option#8 )
The menu option can be assigned for each position / Option#:
0 = default (taken from database)
1 = Item
2 = Skill
3 = Equip
4 = Save
5 = Status
6 = Row
7 = Order
8 = ATB
-1 = empty

Last option is always Quit. MenuSize does not go below 2. (blame me if you want)

This is for... unlocking menu options. Especially when some of those menu options activate a switch that enables new menus or statistics or other things.

Is there no way at all to move the "Quit" option from the last spot?
+disengaging vacation mode+
Awfully quiet here...

author=GhostRider
Is there no way at all to move the "Quit" option from the last spot?

To what position?

Or are you talking about removing?
[QuickPatches]
NoEnd=4A0FE8,90,4A24D9,909090909090

Or replacing it? Pepsi's QuitSwitch Plugin allows for other stuff/menus to be opened up instead.
i actually do have that plugin; i turned the quit command into some sort of option menu, but of course being originally the quit command it sticks to the last position, i wanted to put it second to last position, instead.
You would have to tinker a bit with the names of the menu options/commands and assign the desired choice (of whatever goes after an option menu) to the last position (by use of the MenuManipulator).

[QuickPatches]
IndentEnd=476D9E,7F,4A24D1,50,4A24D6,83E80039C20F840B020000,4A24D8,%1

Quit is at the 1st position (from the bottom) by default. So just change the number after the %
Hello !

It's about PicsInBattle plugin. Actually, the Z position by the variable 5000 is the following :
Backdrop << 0 << Heroes/Monster << Battle animations << 1 << Weather effects << Text boxes (and hero status in RM2k3) << 2 << Timer display

I would like to know if it's possible to put another Z position ? Between Heroes/Monster and Battle animations, more precisely ?
Hey ummm, I don't have C++ anymore (new computer) so it'll be awhile before I can do DynRPG plugins, so in the meantime, some plugin requests (since we have so many quick patches here lately, a nice change of pace).

Last Damage (may be doable with a quickpatch) - basically, save the last damage each party member received in a variable. I can imagine this might be handy for stuff like

SkipTurns - an on-comment turn break. I plan to use this for a Guard ability, to stop one turn of monster attacks and then have the target in question take no damage while another character takes damage. But this could also be handy to further control battle flow.

CastSkill - on-comment use skill/command for hero or monster. Basically, so you can make a command that uses a four-choice (Pokémon-Style) magic system.

FinalFantasy1Casting - Spells are divided into tiers, and rather than casting a spell from MP, uses a spell from a tier. I have no idea if this is possible, but if this can be done by plugin/patch, that would be awesome!

MultipleMaps - I can see people doing stuff like calling up a custom menu using one map, and having another map underneath where the hero was.

ClearTiles - Wipes the tileset to transparent color. You could use the screen transitions to do something like Kingdom hearts fade into darkness, or transfer into parallax mapping. Or, you could have a spell that targets a mount and "blows a hole" into the mountain, showing the background below.

Yay! Have fun! The only ones I care about are LastDamage, ClearTiles, and maybe CastSkill.

CastSkill - What do you mean by "four-choice?" Skill subsets?

FinalFantasy1Casting - Not sure what you mean. I thought FF1 had a simple class system (which 2k3 is capable of). To be honest though, every time I've attempted FF1, I've had to rage-quit because it's balls hard.

MultipleMaps - Interesting idea, although I don't totally get what you're trying to achieve. You could probably fake that effect easily enough by creating a picture of the map you want on top... or a panorama of the map you want below.

ClearTiles - This could be accomplished very easily with a tileset swap. Create a blank tileset and use the "Change Map Tileset" command.
I would like to know if it's possible to make a delay time for skills by plugin.
Could you elaborate on where the delay would be? There's a patch I think that makes the spell name display a little longer, but it kind of messes up the timing of battle events (or something like that) if I remember correctly.
download AnimationBugFix

Skill animations are displayed correctly when using SkillScroll and InvokeSkill. Before, damage was displayed when the animation was still playing or the enemy could die at the same time.
author=bugmenot
download AnimationBugFixSkill animations are displayed correctly when using SkillScroll and InvokeSkill. Before, damage was displayed when the animation was still playing or the enemy could die at the same time.

Oh hell yes. <3 Thank you!!
Hmmm... I'll get back to you on that. You can do something like it with battle event commands, but it'd be possible to make it easier with a plugin. To start with, you would need a condition set to "No Action Allowed" because that's going to be what disables actions during the turns where your character is away. You could create a "blank" animation and set your condition to that to hide the hero. From there, you'd have a variable used to count down the number of turns the hero is gone, and then when it reaches 0, run a battle event command to do the damage and make the hero return. DynRPG could do most of that, but I gotta think about it a little more. I'll attempt it over the weekend.
Blue blue.

author=PepsiOtaku
CastSkill - What do you mean by "four-choice?" Skill
subsets?

As in, I use the Show Choices thing. Similar to how Pokemon only has four abilities. I choose Fire Blast, and it casts Fire Blast (skill #14) as though using a skill scroll.

FinalFantasy1Casting - Not sure what you mean. I thought FF1 had a simple class system (which 2k3 is capable of). To be honest though, every time I've attempted FF1, I've had to rage-quit because it's balls hard.

You're thinking of Final Fantasy 3J or Final Fantasy 5. Final Fantasy 1 used a tier system. As in, you have 3 level-1 spells, 1 level-2 spells. You can cast any combo of level-1 spells 3 times, and any combination of level-2 spells 1 time. But you can't use up level 1 spells by overcasting level-2 or vice versa. Think most of the D&D games and you have a fair idea what I mean. It's even harder (in fact, I think that'd need a patch, and a new rpg2003.exe, if it's even possible)

MultipleMaps - Interesting idea, although I don't totally get what you're trying to achieve. You could probably fake that effect easily enough by creating a picture of the map you want on top... or a panorama of the map you want below.

Something like, the transparent layer of map 1 is map 2. You've seen how some video games have greyed out backgrounds when calling shops/menus,/etc. A good is the seiken-densetsu menu. Or custom battles that use the same background as you had. Basically, being able to call graphics/events from one screen to another, by acting as if they are the same screen.

ClearTiles - This could be accomplished very easily with a tileset swap. Create a blank tileset and use the "Change Map Tileset" command.

Some of it. But the selective map tileset (using "parallax" pictures), not as much.

Oh right, I had one more. A patch HideItems. I think unusable by character items are greyed out. Instead, I want them hidden, so it looks more like the skill subset menu (I've been wanting to do an Alchemy concept). Also, anyone can be targeted by items, they just can't use them themselves.