+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

Damage over own Time
download DooT(2k3)

Conditions that in-/decrease HP/MP each turn don't take effect after each turn done by anyone in battle anymore, but rather after a turn done by the hero/monster that is afflicted with said condition.

edit:
When someone is blocking an attack and is still getting damaged... then that someone is doing a terrible job at blocking.

download GuardRevamp
author=bugmenot
Damage over own Timedownload DooT(2k3)

Conditions that in-/decrease HP/MP each turn don't take effect after each turn done by anyone in battle anymore, but rather after a turn done by the hero/monster that is afflicted with said condition.

Badass! I never even thought of fixing that, but that makes a hell of a lot more sense.

That reminds me though. Over the weekend I came across a little bug that has always annoyed me. So if you set the windows to transparent mode, and then finish a battle with the spell or item menu open, you'll see the victory messages overlap the descriptions of the spell/items making both text boxes unreadable. It's kind of annoying. The description window should just go away in favor of the victory window.

Would that be an easy fix? I can send you a screenshot if you're not sure what I mean.
You're right. None of the windows got terminated (whether transparent or not).
This also gets rid of that cursor pointing to a Hero that's ready. Some plugins might have to be updated to clear additional HUD elements.

download BattleEndBugFix
author=bugmenot
You're right. None of the windows got terminated (whether transparent or not).
This also gets rid of that cursor pointing to a Hero that's ready. Some plugins might have to be updated to clear additional HUD elements.

download BattleEndBugFix

Nice solution! Thanks!
Can we make a plugin that lets you set the ATB switch? Having that choose where you can store the ON/OFF might actually allow you to control whether you have ATB or not with a bit of programming. Not to mention having a toggle switch could be handy for alot of features.

Or does this already exist? ^_^;
Are you referring to the Active/Wait (or whatever it's called by default) option in the main menu? If so, there's already a plugin for that.

This was something in the old RagnaDyn plugin which I took out and made this from:
http://rpgmaker.net/engines/rm2k3/utilities/29/

BUT there might be a bug in that. When you load a save file, it doesn't check the switch to make sure either Wait or Active should be set... this may or may not be an issue. I'm not sure, but you can test it.

I added the active/wait switch again in my ATB Overhaul plugin:
http://rpgmaker.net/engines/rm2k3/utilities/30/

...but you may not want the other features in that, so here's some source code of just that functionality:
// ATB Switch

#include <DynRPG/DynRPG.h>

std::map<std::string, std::string> configuration;

int confAtbModeSwitch;

bool onStartup (char *pluginName) {
configuration = RPG::loadConfiguration(pluginName);
confAtbModeSwitch = atoi(configuration["ATBmodeSwitch"].c_str());
return true;
}

void onLoadGame(int id, char *data, int length) {
// initialize the Active/Wait system based on what the ATB Mode Switch is in the save file
if (RPG::switches[confAtbModeSwitch] == true) RPG::system->atbMode = RPG::ATBM_ACTIVE;
else RPG::system->atbMode = RPG::ATBM_WAIT;
}

bool onSetSwitch(int id, bool value) {
// if ATBmodeSwitch is on, set it to active, otherwise if off, set to wait
if (id == confAtbModeSwitch){ // this was moved from ragnadyn since it was more appropriate here
if (value == true) RPG::system->atbMode = RPG::ATBM_ACTIVE;
else RPG::system->atbMode = RPG::ATBM_WAIT;
}
return true;
}

just add:
[plugin_name]
ATBmodeSwitch=1234

To DynRPG.ini
Since atbMode is part of RPG::system and RPG::system is one of the objects which the RPG Maker saves to the LSD files, the setting doesn't need to be set again in onLoadGame (think about it: Without the switch, when you change it in the menu, it also persists when you save and load again!).

Oh, and why is there a #define NOT_MAIN_MODULE ? It *is* the main module, so with this #define, it will produce a broken DLL because you didn't have any module in the DLL defined as main module :D
Because I saw it in your documentation at one point and thought it had to be there or something...

Also, could you elaborate on this more:
it will produce a broken DLL

Basically, from what I can tell, the dlls come out fine. They work beautifully and SEEM stable. However, I had an unexplained crash with my ATB overhaul plugin once after play-testing my game for several hours in one sitting. It baffled me (and I lost sleep that night -_-)... Is that the kind of thing that would make it "broken?"

Also, since you're finally posting again, could you PLEASE fix the drawText call in v0.20. I can't compile anything with drawText because 2k3 will crash as soon as it's called.
A patch or plugin for this?

It's a bit absurd that strings (and for that matter, skills) doesn't automatically spew out the name involved when you have \n. Basically, it is supposed to say "????" until the condition is met, then the name gets changed.

Pathfinder tends to crash too.
edit: (05/05/2015)
download 32bit(fix)

Smooth color gradients.

Fixed for DynRPG. Download it again.
edit:
Seems like it does not work yet with plugins that show any kind of image.
So... work in progress. For an indefinite amount of time.
i don't see images with this patch
So many beautiful patches T-T Will definitely use that Animation fix and battle end one, and possibly some others. Still need to give the EXP and Money patches a try too. So many things to try! As if my game doesn't have enough ha...

However, there seems to be one problem I've encountered a lot when trying to put in IPS patches into my game (luckily, I backup my RPG_RT.exe file and default 2K3 files. I...honestly forget which the IPS patches go with now ugh...). Whenever I've tried to put them in, they seem to revert some things I had to change the first time I used a IPS patch/DynRPG with my game, being that some default basic commands (like Attack, Double Attack, Defend, etc.) ended up with really weird names (for instance, I think Defend ends up as Walk Right or something), and my font gets changed to something completely different and entirely unreadable. Is there a way to keep the IPS patches from changing these at all without having to go back and refix things (which took forever to figure out what was what...). x_x;
author=kaine87
i don't see images with this patch
Dangit, forgot DynRPG. Thank you for reporting a bug.

edit: (05/05/2015)
download 32bit(fix)

edit:
Seems like it does not work yet with plugins that show any kind of image.
So... work in progress. For an indefinite amount of time.

author=Xenomic
I...honestly forget which the IPS patches go with now
Always RPG_RT.exe (if not told otherwise) in the game's folder. Never (if not explicitly told otherwise) try to patch the rpg2003.exe. Apparently it deletes your desktop.

Make sure you have the latest working dynloader.dll 0.20 and DynRPG 0.20

author=Xenomic
some default basic commands (like Attack, Double Attack, Defend, etc.) ended up with really weird names
Mid-game or just in the RPG maker editor thing?
Well, my RPG_RT.exe is 1.8.0 it states (although apparently my RPG20003.exe is too?? I'm pretty sure I never patched that up?), and my Dynloader.dll is 0.1.3.0. I think I'm really, REALLY outdated on these, oi vey.

Now, I see a DynPatches folder. Do I just move my DynPlugins into that folder now or...? Do I need the SDK folder for anything at all from the DynRPG rar or can I trash it?

In the maker and in the game, the commands are changed, but in the game ONLY IIRC, it's the font that gets changed.

EDIT - Ummmmm....now I can't Test Run my game after installing the new stuff!? Help! It flatout just says "RPG_RT.exe has stopped working". Is it because I'm using 2K9 Ultimate with the new DynRPG at all? D:

EDIT #2 - Yeah, it's something about the new DynRPG. It flatout just doesn't want to work for me or something (and it obviously doesn't work without the new Dynloader), at least not with 2k9 so unless there's a fix for this...? Unless it's me using Vista which I can't think of it causing the issue...
author=Xenomic
I see a DynPatches folder. Do I just move my DynPlugins into that
The .ips files. It's far easier to swap out and test patches that way.
Plugins go into the DynPlugins folder.

author=Xenomic
Do I need the SDK folder for anything at all
Not really. Unless you want to learn some C++.

edit:
author=Xenomic
"RPG_RT.exe has stopped working"
It seems it is not a good idea to patch newer versions of DynRPG onto a RPG_RT.exe that was already patched with an older version of DynRPG.
author=bugmenot
Damage over own Timedownload DooT(2k3)

Holy carp! I bet that will make balancing so much easier!.... :D

I have been away from my game for some time now, but I will have to make another pass through this thread to find any more helpful things like this I can find.
http://rpgmaker.net/articles/887/

I want this as an ips, so it activates automatically. Right now, my poor windows 8 is so choppy.

That or someone tell me what to enter for a .bat or .reg file, and I'll make one.

Also, seriously, my comment about having \n codes activate on menus got totally ignored. Isn't there a way to do this?

Ever thought about giving back once in a while?

For the \n codes in strings thing, I wouldn't use \n codes at all since those only work in certain places. The best way to do it would be something like @string Order, "????" but you can't exactly access anything in the String database tab from DynRPG yet I don't think. Ultimately, it would be some kind of DStringPtr I guess... but I have no idea how to access ones that aren't already defined by DynRPG.

What do you want as an ips patch exactly? That just has a bunch of suggestions for running 2k3 in Windows 8... I made a plugin a while back that auto-launches AnotherFullScreenMode: http://rpgmaker.net/engines/rm2k3/utilities/61/

Is that all you need?
Another AnotherFullScreenMode backfired. Gave me a sharing violation when I loaded using better aep and custsaveload. Also, lag seemed to increase.

author=Pepsi
Ever thought about giving back once in a while?

Sorry, I have no way to really do that. Windows 8 I can't seem to get the MinGW to work, so even programming C++ stuff like the above ActiveWait code was a no-go (it gave me an error and wouldn't load the dll, and this was using two different compilers). I would need a decent compiler before I can do programming again.
So giving back to you? Probably couldn't do that anyway, you're a better C++ coder than me. The only thing good I made was KazString, and nobody uses that. I give back by asking for help, because helping me out means people with the same issue as me also get helped. (That assumes, of course, that the average person has my problems, which may not be the case)

For instance, I was wanting a way to make it so monsters deal a minimum of 1 hp damage if it is simply a matter of having more defense. That is, if Monster Atk is 60, and your defense is 250, the attack should deal a minimum of 1 damage. (It shouldn't however, override immunity).

author=Pepsi
What do you want as an ips patch exactly?

I figured overriding the \n for Strings/Skills/Monsters would involve something like that. It'd be nice to be able to name spells (Rudora no Hihou anyone?) but I was actually just needing that so I could do something where you rename the Order Switch from ???? to Tools when you get 1 or more tools, allowing the tool screen to show when it says that, but allowing nothing while the name is ????.

Also, is there a way to add/remove attribute resist? I'd like to tie attributes to status, so removing it will make it go away.

Direct Menu Patch

This calls different sub menus - even outside of party limitations. Or to allow just the item menu (for simple adventure games) or whatever.

author=bulmabriefs144
a way to make it so monsters deal a minimum of 1 hp damage
BugFix(12/01/2014)
author=bugmenot
[QuickPatches]
DmgCapper(p1)=49D03B,E8F69DFAFF,446E36,B800000000680F270000E922080000
DmgCapper(p2)=447667,83FA007C06E83B2CFEFF9258C3
DmgCapper(min)=446E37,#1
DmgCapper(max)=446E3C,#9999

edit:
Oh, you want the damage to cap out in certain situations. No, what you want is impossible with DynRPG (for now).

author=bulmabriefs144
I figured overriding the \n for Strings/Skills/Monsters would involve something like that.
That and the text in a message box are two entirely different things. Those strings and names are printed directly, not letter by letter (to pick up those \[] commands).
You could, of course, write a plugin that prints text on that menu option utilizing drawText (when it's working again). Or somehow access those strings and alter them.

author=bulmabriefs144
Also, is there a way to add/remove attribute resist? I'd like to tie attributes to status, so removing it will make it go away.
What exactly do you mean?