+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

The names have to start with that %#.
Whatever's after that can be used as descriptions (%6ATB+20; %6ATB+40). It does not matter what Attribute_ID your %# have (unless you use %6ATB+20 and %6ATB+40 at the same time on the same Skill/Weapon ... then the one with the lower Attribute_ID gets picked, so: no mixing).

Having %# will not matter in calculating damage by all that Physical/Magic Attribute bonus shmucks. Neither will it hinder you to use a Skill if no weapon has the Attribute to fulfill that requisite.

Whatever effects are stated as [Attack] in the readme apply only to regular attacks with a weapon. Whatever is stated as [Skills] will apply to Skills.

That %5 is for stuff like Enemies that have blunt-type weapons or piercing weapons and you want the Skills to look like the Enemies are just attacking regularly. Or a burning lizard slashing with its burning claws, whacking with its tail, biting, pumping its strength up by burning more rigorously having +50 ATB gain and that %9Switch cause him to wreck havoc in half a turn so you know you have to act fast (water spells activating a switch that sets the switch set by the enemy with %9 to OFF so the behavior doesn't trigger)
Or whatever.

Or %5 for a SkillSubset with martial-artsy attacks and you don't want to have your Hero shout "KICK!", "UPPERCUT!", "FOCUS!" every. single. time.

@QuickPatches
You don't have to use them. The first few are specific to RPS or the PhysDamageFix. I posted similar damage revamps for unaltered code (which is - of course - in a different place in RPS[+]), so the people that still want to use them won't have to sit through their games crashing.
I guess I grew up with too much anime. Calling out attacks makes more sense to me.
I was wondering if the damage formulas for both regular attacks and skills could still be changed with the RPS+ patch.

I currently have SkillDmgRevamp=4C0DE4,#5,4C0DF8,#10,4C0E1A,#10,4C0E2F,#20 under Quick Patches to set ATK, DEF, and INT accordingly and it seems to be working as intended, but I wanted to make sure that the addresses being modified here weren't being accessed elsewhere in the executable and that changing these wouldn't adversely affect the program elsewhere.

Also, I was testing out %1 for RPS+ and the effect for Attacks seemed to work but not the effect for Skills.

EDIT: I left out two lines from the new Quick Patches because I was using the Quick Patches from the older PDFix patch.

EDIT2: No, the skills actually aren't working as intended, even with the quick patches I was missing.
@ %16
Denied.
Though I can make a seperate patch for that when I find some time for it.

@ %17
Please clarify exactly how the status should affect the attack/Skill.
You can test for status conditions and learn/unlearn Skills manually.

@ %5
It reads "kick" not "GIGA DRILL KICK!". %5 is for stuff that just isn't worth calling a spell. Or see a few posts ago: just to add elemental properties to an enemy's attack and to make it look like just a normal attack. ... or for when it's possible to cue up Skills for a combo.

author=Shoobinator
I was wondering if the damage formulas for both regular attacks and skills could still be changed
"Could be changed", yes.
"Will be changed", if it means I have to make it possible for everyone to input custom formulas with as many operands and parameters the user wants and that the formula can be written into a .txt file? Hell no.
That's were an access by DynRPG to right after the damage was calculated would be better and/or more appropriate. So that the original damage value can be replaced with something that can pull from different calculations.

author=Shoobinator
the addresses being modified here weren't being accessed elsewhere
They shouldn't be.

author=Shoobinator
No, the skills actually aren't working as intended
The damage isn't working? Or the accuracy? What's your setup? (checked Attributes on Skills / patches / QuickPatches)

I cannot pinpoint the issue because it is working on my end.

Do you have a working 0.20 Dynloader?

edit
%1 is not intended for support Skills (targetting user/own party)
I'm testing it using the Test Battle function inside the database. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I can go into more details later if I still can't get things working.

Also, for some reason, enemies only seem to be doing 75% damage for regular attacks in all possible scenarios: hero in front or back row; back attack, initiative, or neither set as the battle condition.
download RPS[+]

Fixed that problem with enemy attacks.

Still not sure what the problem with Skills is, though.

Regarding a change of damage formulas: do you have any non-ambiguous suggestions?
author=bugmenot
download RPS[+]Fixed that problem with enemy attacks.

Regarding a change of damage formulas: do you have any non-ambiguous suggestions?

Well if I can use...

SkillDmgRevamp=4C0DE4,#5,4C0DF8,#10,4C0E1A,#10,4C0E2F,#20

to change the skill damage formula to...

(Base Damage)
+ (Attacker's ATK * ATK Influence / 5) - (Target's DEF * ATK Influence / 10)
+ (Attacker's INT * INT Influence / 10) - (Target's INT * INT Influence / 20)
+- 5-50% variance based on skill

and

(2 * Attacker's ATK) - (Target's DEF) + 25% if attacker is in front row

is the damage formula for standard attacks with the current "PhysDmgRevamp" (I'm not 100% sure of how this hack affects the exe, but I'm guessing it helps set regular attack damage.) then I am satisfied with the current patch for my game.

However, maybe customized skill formulas could be enabled to some degree where those 4 parameters in SkillDmgRevamp can be changed depending on the skill that is used. For instance, maybe skills could have unique attribute tags and the A,B,C,D,E parameters could be slots to input your custom parameters to alter the SkillDmgRevamp parameters?

=======================================================

Oh, and that RPS+ update fixed the issue with enemy regular attacks! Thanks a lot! I'm still stuck with the skill damage modification not working 100% as intended.
I think for %17, I meant something like testing whether when attacked whether the target has the appropriate status, and then linking it to the target who has this status (variable 1-8 monsters, 9-12 heroes). I dunno. Something where you can basically make attacks "read" statuses, so you can do something like a Bullseye status where you attack a target afflicted with the desired status, and it dies. Or a medical diagnose effect. It basically returns to two variables: TargetAttacked and StatusID. If monster 7 is afflicted with blind (status 3), TargetAttacked is 7, StatusID is 3.

%18 Secondary damage.
Weapons with this have +(Level x (a value set by quickpatch)) added to damage, on critical. This is a second attack after the first, and doesn't have attack added. So it would be like if you had an attack that did 1200 damage and the monster is 2x weak to the attack, you have initial attack of 2400. Then the second attack, if the value is 10, and the character's level is 99, that's 99x10 = 990 x 2 (weakness) = 1800 extra damage. This would effectively add value to leveling up and keeping that item.
Not sure how it would work on skills.

author=bugmenot

My setup must be right because I can get some other attribute tags to work like %2 and %4, but %1 specifically doesn't seem to be working. Could the quick patches in the README files be inaccurate? I am using:

PhysDmgRevamp=4C0B53,D1E0,4C0B69,909090
PhysDmgVariance(inverted)=49B687,#10
Dmg(%)InFrontRow=4C0BAB,#125
Dmg(%)OnBackRow=4C0D91,#75
SkillDmg(%)InFrontRow=4471FC,#125
SkillDmg(%)OnBackRow=447206,#75

CritDmg(%)=49B0B0,#300
ChargeDmg(%)=49B0BB,#200

Perhaps the SkillDmg% addresses are not correct?
Perhaps they are correct?

How about sending me a RPG_RT.ldb (database file) with that Skill and the test battle setup?
Do you have any plugins active that manipulate the row someone's in?

Anybody else experiencing problems with %1?
I also removed all other plug-ins and patches and then tested it, but no luck.

UPDATE: Aha! I tried the patch with a fresh RM2k3 project and it turns out to be working as intended for attribute tag %1! It's just still not clear at the moment what is causing the interference when adding the patch to my current project.

New question: With the %1 attribute tag, is the accuracy of physical skills affected by AGI at all, or just row position and armor evasion?

UPDATE2: Wow, it turns out that the %1 attribute tag wasn't working in my other project because the skill type was set to a type of "Skill Subset" archetype rather than "Skill" archetype. I have menu options of "Skill Subset" archetype, but really, I don't know how the RM2k3 engine handles those two archetypes differently, so I could probably just have all my skill menu options set as "Skill" archetype. Then I will be good to go!
My humblest apologies. I typo'd somewhere.

download RPS[+]

Skill subsets should work normally now.

Also: this displays the word "Immune" if Attribute resistances would result in zero damage. And if a Skill does not affect any stats (HP/MP/Str/Def/Int/Agi) the word "Miss!" will not be displayed (useful for "Steal" abilities and such).

author=Shoobinator
New question: With the %1 attribute tag, is the accuracy of physical skills affected by AGI at all, or just row position and armor evasion?
It calculates with AGI as long as it is not of evasion type 4 (see SkillAccuracyFix or new project with Skill #5). -25% hit chance if an enemy hits someone in the back row.
Do you perhaps have a weapon equipped that ignores evasion? That trait carries over to Skills.
author=bugmenot
My humblest apologies.

Don't worry about it! You've been super helpful so far.

author=bugmenot
Also: this displays the word "Immune" if Attribute resistances would result in zero damage. And if a Skill does not affect any stats (HP/MP/Str/Def/Int/Agi) the word "Miss!" will not be displayed (useful for "Steal" abilities and such).

"Immune" is helpful to differentiate between an enemy having too high of defense and an enemy that is just plain immune to something. However, the removal of "Miss!" on some skills, like those that may or may not inflict a status effect, is detrimental because then the player must check each enemy to see whether the effect was inflicted. Could you possibly add "Miss" back in or make it possible to toggle using a quick patch? Thanks.

author=bugmenot
It calculates with AGI as long as it is not of evasion type 4 (see SkillAccuracyFix or new project with Skill #5). -25% hit chance if an enemy hits someone in the back row.

So if I use this quick patch, will it also disallow evasion of skills with a Skill ID that is greater than or equal to the parameter set in the quick patch, or is it still dependent on the silly hidden skill evasion types?

;allow evasion if the Skill_ID is below a certain number
SkillAccuracyFix=49C69A,04000F83,49C69B,%2
Here's one with a better "Miss!" detection:

download RPS[+]

"Miss!" won't be displayed if a Skill does not try to change any parameters of its target. "Miss!" will be displayed if a change of Conditions or Attribute resistances was tried and failed.

author=Shoobinator
SkillAccuracyFix=49C69A,04000F83,49C69B,%2
Only Skill's success rate will be considered if Skill_ID >= 2

Or use a Skill_ID range in which evasion calculation is allowed:
[QuickPatches]
SkillAccuracyFix=49C698,E940A8FAFF,446EDD,817B04000000007C0D817B04000000000F8EAF570500E974580500
SkillAccFixRange=446EE0,#1,446EE9,#2
If the desired Skill_IDs are higher than %127 (there just wasn't enough room to fit 32bit values into the earlier versions... something about wasting space)

edit
@below me:
author=Xenomic
AND it'll display Miss if a status or element outright misses (i.e. Poison failed to stick to a target)?
That's what the default already did.
I just removed "Miss!" for those Skills that effectively do nothing that you can set in the Skill tab (do damage to HP/MP, inflict/cure conditions, and so on). This is for special abilities that need a target, such as "Steal" or "Scan" or some sort of diagnostic Skill ... a "Miss!" just irritates the player.
So this RPS patch...it makes it so that Immune appears when something is actually immune to it (i.e. immune to Fire = IMMUNE pops up?) AND it'll display Miss if a status or element outright misses (i.e. Poison failed to stick to a target)? If that's the case, that sounds great and would REALLY help seeing as it's really hard to tell when something lands or not! : o
author=Xenomic
So this RPS patch...it makes it so that Immune appears when something is actually immune to it (i.e. immune to Fire = IMMUNE pops up?) AND it'll display Miss if a status or element outright misses (i.e. Poison failed to stick to a target)? If that's the case, that sounds great and would REALLY help seeing as it's really hard to tell when something lands or not! : o

What you're saying sounds right to me.
author=bugmenot
Here's one with a better "Miss!" detection:

download RPS[+]

"Miss!" won't be displayed if a Skill does not try to change any parameters of its target. "Miss!" will be displayed if a change of Conditions or Attribute resistances was tried and failed.

This Immune, does it differentiate between ATK<DEF reduction to zero (for armored enemies with like 999 def) and attribute immunity? As in, the point is that I want to tell the player "the reason you didn't hit wasn't because you didn't grind hard enough but because that enemy is immune to X damage type."

Oh, that's what you're saying. If damage would be 0, it's also a Miss.

I love it! You have no idea what sort of absurd amount of programming I did to try to duplicate that on Tales. Of course, now that it's done, it's redundant, but I'm loving it for Oracle of Tao.
I'd like to see a plugin that allows for physical skills to use the weapon. IE Fire Slash has the character actually attack with the equipped weapon sprite as opposed to bare fists.
Well, you could in theory do just this by a switch skill (or a status skill), and if the switch is on (or the status is had), equip the item.
But I suppose in theory you can do something linking a skill ID.
author=bulmabriefs144
But I suppose in theory you can do something linking a skill ID.

I've considered that but let's say Fire Slash has the skill ID for a sword skill where the battlecharset is attacking with a sword when he/she is equipped with an axe. I suppose that I can have Fire Slash as Switch based and change to use different variations depending on the character's weapon such as the sword version of Fire Slash or the axe version of Fire Slash.